The SecurityArms Message Forum

The SecurityArms Message Forum (http://securityarms.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Terrain Vehicles (http://securityarms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ultimate H2 (http://securityarms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1170)

CeeTee 12-21-2006 05:32 AM

Ultimate H2

1 Attachment(s)
is it real?
Attachment 709

JCoyote 12-21-2006 08:00 AM

Probably. I've seen that track set used on trucks before so I'm not surprised it'd get ported.

Armorer 12-21-2006 12:00 PM

It's very real. I was looking for an answer to PT's latest trivia on energy weapons and came across a website called something like, "neatogizmos" or something like that-- spent the last fifteen minutes looking for the link to no avail.
The treads have been out for about 6-7 years, I saw them on horsepower t.v. around that time-- they lock onto the normal lugs, as inspired by a drawing the inventor's son drew.
Originally intended for mudflats and sand dunes, they've more recently been accomodated to arctic ventures.

JCoyote 12-21-2006 12:22 PM

I've heard of Suzuki Samurais being outfitted with them, which would make a nice little go anywhere vehicle, with incredibly low ground pressure.

CeeTee 12-24-2006 09:10 AM

Wow!

just add an old style, turboless, diesel engine and the vehicle will be even EMP.

UZI4U 12-24-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeTee
just add an old style, turboless, diesel engine and the vehicle will be even EMP.

Naazzo fast. What about the transmission? Likely it is still EMP-weak.

JCoyote 12-24-2006 12:17 PM

Emp proofing any hummer would be damn near impossible. And compared to a lot of cars, it would also be hard to keep shielded spares too.

In most cases it would just make more sense to keep sets of spares for the damage prone electronics in a shielded grounded box. Then you just swap in the spares after. But it'd be best to keep it to a vehicle with very limited dependence on electronics to function. Samurais are one of those.

UZI4U 12-24-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCoyote
Emp proofing any hummer would be damn near impossible. And compared to a lot of cars, it would also be hard to keep shielded spares too.

In most cases it would just make more sense to keep sets of spares for the damage prone electronics in a shielded grounded box. Then you just swap in the spares after. But it'd be best to keep it to a vehicle with very limited dependence on electronics to function. Samurais are one of those.

Dune buggies and old dirt-bikes are about the only things truely EMP-proof.

Well, most riding lawnmowers are also EMP proof... That's an idea... A Lawnmower Technical.

"Fear me and my post-apocalyptic John Deere of DOOM!"

JCoyote 12-24-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UZI4U
Dune buggies and old dirt-bikes are about the only things truely EMP-proof.

Well, most riding lawnmowers are also EMP proof... That's an idea... A Lawnmower Technical.

"Fear me and my post-apocalyptic John Deere of DOOM!"

Hmm... guns them down, takes care of burial arrangements, AND creates a nutritious mulch for your lawn...

CeeTee 12-24-2006 05:08 PM

shitty shit

I'm afraid we have to get back to old steam machines.
Fire and water. Eventually a relief valve would avoid blasts (and the power would be ours in all conditions).
Like not so old times.