The SecurityArms Message Forum

The SecurityArms Message Forum (http://securityarms.com/forums/index.php)
-   Survival (http://securityarms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Survived 110 to 130 mph winds (http://securityarms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812)

Dolphin_Shooter 07-26-2008 08:19 AM

Survived 110 to 130 mph winds

My small ass town got kicked in the balls by extreme winds.Trees were down every were.I tried taking the normal route home only to find 6 trees down across the road I cut my way through 5 trees with a M-9 bayonet only to reach the 6th tree that was a 18 inches around.I wasen't going to get through that. So I backed up into the darkness Hoping not to drive off the road,went back through all that crap out to SR 22 cut over to SR 668 and headed south once again trying to make my way home Volenteer firefighters were cutting up a tree that fell across the road their so I jumped out and help get that cleared out.A mile down the road yet another this one tangled in power lines none of us wanted to fuck with that. So back up to SR-22 and tried going south on SR13 almost got to were I needed to be Yet another huge tree in the power lines. I cut down a side road and cut through 2 more trees and managed to get to the town of Rehobeth and made my way east from their what is normally a one hour trip home turned out to take 4 hours.
I've since bought one of those folding camp saws that I keep in my truck. Sure beats a Bayonet.

PT-The Italian Commie 07-26-2008 04:29 PM

Tornado or tropical storm?

Dolphin_Shooter 07-29-2008 10:05 AM

Re: Survived 110 to 130 mph winds

they say Neither, wind shear is what they are calling it.

D Yankee (The Zionist) 08-13-2008 04:03 PM

I survived an F2 Tornado back in 02. Normally not a big deal. However, I was sitting in my front office as I watched it cut across a corn field and head straight through my yard. All in all it was about 50 ft. (no joke) from the front of my house. I grabbed my dog who was just a pup at the time and hid in the bathroom while it sounded like the world was ending outside. When it was over we went outside to find cars flipped over, and part of my neighbors garage in my driveway. Scariest moments of my life. Dolphin Shooter may remember. It was spawned from the same system that hit Van Wert Ohio on the same day.

TJ 09-10-2008 10:25 AM

I like the picture of the goober sitting on the front porch of the house. I wonder if they're thinking on making oa bid on the RV. I think that damage could be buffed out.

D Yankee (The Zionist) 09-10-2008 05:10 PM

Nah, he's probably going to use the scrap aluminium to repair his house. :MDR85:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ
I like the picture of the goober sitting on the front porch of the house. I wonder if they're thinking on making oa bid on the RV. I think that damage could be buffed out.