The SecurityArms Message Forum

The SecurityArms Message Forum (http://securityarms.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting into the Game (http://securityarms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   So.... has anyone's 'zombie kit' changed over the past few years? (http://securityarms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2261)

Mk23 03-25-2010 11:19 PM

So.... has anyone's 'zombie kit' changed over the past few years?

Topic.

Any changes?

PT-The Italian Commie 03-26-2010 05:49 AM

Re: So.... has anyone's 'zombie kit' changed over the past few years?

No. And I honestly have no idea of why this thing has stopped. It was funny, seriously!

Mk23 04-10-2010 04:40 AM

I'd say my kit has become much more decentralized and based around my real collection... lots of which has actually followed my original list, rather uncoincidentally. :D

The list of items in my every-day-carry kit. Whenever anything's not on my person, it's in the bug out bag.

Victorinox Swisstool.

Extrema Ratio Nemesis folding knife.

HK USP Tactical .45 w/ Insight UTL, and at least one spare magazine. Loaded with Black Hills 230gr +P JHPs.

Key ring on a Maxpedition Keyper. Also has a USB thumb drive.

Fenix TA-30 flashlight in a Maxpedition Universal Flashlight belt pouch

Probably a fairly recent smartphone, such as the then-current version of a Nokia N900 at the time of undead events unfolding. In a Maxpedition phone pouch.

Maxpedition RAT belt wallet containing:
However much cash I have at the time.
Garage door opener for some safehouse locations.
Folding torx key tool which can work on allen screws in a pinch.
Victorinox swisscard

Maxpedition urban wallet containing:
Debit/credit cards, insurance card, etc.
A single $100 bill
Tool Logic Companion
Tool Logic SVC2 Survival Card

Gun belt with hidden internal zippered compartment containing:
A single $100 bill
Double-sided universal handcuff key.

5.11 wristwatch with ballistic calculator and compass functions

Windmill Trekker stormproof lighter

Dog tags with sharpened edges underneath the rubber covering

ESS ICE Eyeshield, typically with the sunglass eyeshield attached. Has an earphone for the smartphone pratically permanently attached. The eyepiece display is usually left in the bug-out-bag.

Typical altoids-tin survival kit

Side-zip boots with composite armor toe, heel and sole. Marketed as being 'mine resistant'. I kinda doubt that part, but they are nice boots nonetheless.

BDS Tactical Enhanced Tactical Mission Arm Band. Wow, that's a mouthful. It's really just a fancy wrist-wallet thing. Contains:
Various licenses and photo IDs (concealed carry, driver's, motorcycle, etc.)
Maps from various relevant areas. Occasionally has my shopping list for the grocery store in there too
A single $100 bill
Black SOG Access Card 2.0

Ankle wallet, on right ankle containing
USB external hard drive
A single $100 bill

Ankle holster, w/ Ruger LCP along the inside of left ankle, with two magazines on the outside. (edited to add this one. Completely forgot I had it until I found it going through all my gear.)

Hatch Defender 2 sap gloves. Typically only worn when driving or motorcycling.

Sap hat, with TangoDown helmetlight clip and Surefire HL1-B-TN helmetlight. Occasionally worn, but usually just in the bug-out-bag.

Spec-Ops Recon Wrap. Typically only worn during wintertime.

More to follow :D

Mk23 04-10-2010 08:22 AM

In the bug-out-bag, in addition to whatever items in the EDC list that I'm not actually carrying.

Maxpedition travel wallet containing:
Passport, and other important identifying cards and such
Another USB external drive
Notepad with contact information, and other important notes, as well as assorted business cards
Pen-style highlighter
Schrade tactical pen
4 $100 bills and 5 $20 bills with a CRKT K.I.S.S. Two-Timer being used as a money clip
Spyderco Police 3
Stainless SOG Access Card 2.0
Boker Plus Credit Card Knife

A week's worth of Mainstay ration bars.

A full Katadyn water purifier bottle.

Spare filter kit for the Katadyn purifier bottle.

A full Camelbak nalgene bottle.

A full Blackhawk Hydrastorm nalgene bottle.

A tube of Camelbak elixir tablets.

Typical small first aid kit.

6 USP .45 magazines (minus however many I'm carrying).

4 pens (2 inkpen knives, one lockwrite handcuff key pen, and one surefire tactical pen)

Ka-Bar hobo knife

Dark Ops Interceptor E&E Knife

Squeeze-charge flashlight

Cheap, pre-paid cell phone and charger

Laptop computer and charger

USB external hard drive

Universal power outlet adapter

Solar panel laptop and phone charger

Peltor noise canceling headset with assorted adapters to plug into phones and computers, etc.

3 PowerPax CR123 Battery Caddies for a total of 12 spare CR123s

3 PowerPax AA Battery Caddies for a total of 12 AAs

Canemasters walking cane

And all of this fits in a 5.11 3-in-1 patrol bag, except the canemasters cane, which is secured by velcro loops near the carrying handles.

Still more to follow. Yes, I'm incredibly bored. :D

Mk23 04-11-2010 05:23 AM

Next to the bug-out-bag, I keep either a 5.11 Tactical Vest, or a 5.11 Tactical Jacket, depending on the weather and the time of year. Either one would be loaded with:

A Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol, loaded with Speer 124gr GDHP.

4 spare Kel-Tec PF-9 magazines

Another cheap pre-paid phone.

Dark Ops Stratofighter Stiletto folding knife.

Fenix TK40 flashlight

Leatherman Wave

Brunton Helios lighter

2 8-round shotgun 'cards' secured into the AR-15 magazine pouches of the vest. One loaded with Brenneke Black Magic Magnum 3" slugs, the other with Centurion Buck & Ball shells.

Two mainstay food bars, (3 days worth).

Israeli bandage (wound dressing).

The jacket holds an extra 4 Kel-Tec PF-9 magazines for a total of 8.

The vest holds two Camelbak nalgene water bottles

The jacket holds a hydration pouch

Oh, wondering about the shotgun shells? They're for this little item I keep by the nightstand.

Mossberg 500 Breacher
Mesa Tactical High Tube stock adapter
Ambidextrous AR endplate sling adapter, with a single point bungee tactical sling on the left side, and a loop of paracord through the right side, and the cord on a set of reusable ear plugs tied around the paracord. I have sensitive ears!
Magpul UBR stock with side-folding mechanism, and spare CR123A batteries in storage compartment
Magpul MIAD grip with CR123A batteries in storage core
Mesa Tactical adapter mount shell carriers, 6 shells along the left side of the receiver, 8 shells along the right side of the stock. Stock can't be folded like this, but the shell carriers are easily removable if I need a folding stock in the future.
Full length top rail
Combination holographic gunsight and projected green laser
Magpul MBUS flip-up sights
Surefire rail forend with Magpul XTM rail covers for a grip surface.
Surefire 9P flashlight with LED head, mounted to the left side of the forend rail.

Kept ghost loaded for 8 ready-to-fire rounds buck & ball, with another 8 shells on the right side shell carrier, and 6 Brenneke Black Magic Magnum slugs on the other shell carrier.

Next to the shotgun is an Eagle shotgun patrol bandoleer with 2 USP .45 magazines, 6 buck & ball shells, and 6 black magic magnum slugs.

Still more to come when I get around to it. :D

Mk23 04-12-2010 09:14 PM

There are two main vehicles immediately at my disposal. A Suzuki V-Strom 1000, and the same Cadillac Escalade as before.

The V-Strom is typically locked inside a U-haul style trailer in the warehouse of the office, near the loading dock. A ramp at the loading dock allows roll-on and roll-off, but more details on the officeplace in another post.

The Escalade is normally at the residence, but rarely used.

The V-Strom is equipped with a skid plate and crash guards, along with saddlebags and a trunk/rack for securing the bug out bag to the vehicle.

Inside the left-side saddlebag is:

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 in 9mm w/ Glock 17 magazine grip.
Kel-Tec OEM quad rail forend.
Kel-Tec OEM stock extension.
Kel-Tec OEM stock magazine holder.
Kel-Tec OEM sling swivel and sling.
Tasco Pronghorn 4x scope attached to the right side rail using Daniel Defense 1 O'clock offset mounts. The scope is long enough to reach back for the proper eye relief, and is offset enough that it still folds. Transition from irons, to 4x magnification by just tilting the rifle to the left.
Surefire 6P light with red flip-out filter, attached to another Daniel Defense offset rail on the right side.
2 Glock 17 magazine foregrips under the centerline rail.

Kept loaded with a 17 round magazine, extra 17 round magazine in the magazine holder, and the two fully loaded foregrips, for a total of 68 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 147gr.

also in the left side saddlebag:

Tactical Tailor Lunar Concealed Carry Pouch, attached to a Tactical Tailor Mini Drop Leg panel. Containing:
Beretta PX4 Storm Model F in .40 S&W w/ Streamlight TLR-2, loaded with DoubleTap 180gr bonded JHP rounds.
1 extra 17 round magazine for the PX4 Storm
Custom double shoulder holster with one holster and one magazine pouch on each side. Fusion 10mm Bobtail Commander in the left side holster, East German Makarov pistol on the right side holster.
10mm loaded with DoubleTap 180gr bonded JHP rounds, and Makarov loaded with Silver Bear 94gr JHP.

Right side saddlebag only contains extra fuel canisters.

PT-The Italian Commie 04-13-2010 06:47 AM

At this point, I -WOULD- change (a.k.a. modernize) my kit, but how?? I mean, I have my ideas, but then what? We restart the whole thing from the very beginning or do we just adjust what we've already done according to the changes?

Mk23 04-13-2010 03:36 PM

Oh please, I'm not thinking that far ahead.

I'm just writing out a new list for fun. :D

D Yankee (The Zionist) 04-13-2010 06:02 PM

I guess everyone's list has changed in the past three years. It's inevitable. Technology changes, we aquire new weapons. Problem is, if this did happen, what if we weren't at home and say...at the store? We may end up fighting the undead with baseball bats or kitchen knives.

Mk23 04-13-2010 06:15 PM

That's why I listed my every-day carry stuff first.

:D

(edited to add) Besides, you know about the Taco Bell drive-thru incident already.