View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Re: So.... has anyone's 'zombie kit' changed over the past few years?

Next to the bug-out-bag, I keep either a 5.11 Tactical Vest, or a 5.11 Tactical Jacket, depending on the weather and the time of year. Either one would be loaded with:

A Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol, loaded with Speer 124gr GDHP.

4 spare Kel-Tec PF-9 magazines

Another cheap pre-paid phone.

Dark Ops Stratofighter Stiletto folding knife.

Fenix TK40 flashlight

Leatherman Wave

Brunton Helios lighter

2 8-round shotgun 'cards' secured into the AR-15 magazine pouches of the vest. One loaded with Brenneke Black Magic Magnum 3" slugs, the other with Centurion Buck & Ball shells.

Two mainstay food bars, (3 days worth).

Israeli bandage (wound dressing).

The jacket holds an extra 4 Kel-Tec PF-9 magazines for a total of 8.

The vest holds two Camelbak nalgene water bottles

The jacket holds a hydration pouch

Oh, wondering about the shotgun shells? They're for this little item I keep by the nightstand.

Mossberg 500 Breacher
Mesa Tactical High Tube stock adapter
Ambidextrous AR endplate sling adapter, with a single point bungee tactical sling on the left side, and a loop of paracord through the right side, and the cord on a set of reusable ear plugs tied around the paracord. I have sensitive ears!
Magpul UBR stock with side-folding mechanism, and spare CR123A batteries in storage compartment
Magpul MIAD grip with CR123A batteries in storage core
Mesa Tactical adapter mount shell carriers, 6 shells along the left side of the receiver, 8 shells along the right side of the stock. Stock can't be folded like this, but the shell carriers are easily removable if I need a folding stock in the future.
Full length top rail
Combination holographic gunsight and projected green laser
Magpul MBUS flip-up sights
Surefire rail forend with Magpul XTM rail covers for a grip surface.
Surefire 9P flashlight with LED head, mounted to the left side of the forend rail.

Kept ghost loaded for 8 ready-to-fire rounds buck & ball, with another 8 shells on the right side shell carrier, and 6 Brenneke Black Magic Magnum slugs on the other shell carrier.

Next to the shotgun is an Eagle shotgun patrol bandoleer with 2 USP .45 magazines, 6 buck & ball shells, and 6 black magic magnum slugs.

Still more to come when I get around to it.