View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007

Default Its offical I'm no longer a convicted felon

Well here's the story 23 years ago when I was 19 years old
I made as my teenagers do, a Small CO2 cartridge type bomb for personal amusement. Mainly because I did'nt have a M-80 handy to make a long story short I ended up busted for Possession of a destructive device.a Wabler witch means it can be a felony or a misdomenor in the state of California
I got the misdomenor end of the deal 750 dollar fine and 2 years probation.before my probation ended I moved to virgina and transfered my probation to the state of virgina
I completed that with no problems I entered the National guard were I served for 6 years I bought hundreds of guns
passed many Nic's checks never a problem.I bought 3 silencers one machinegun and one short barreled shotgun
went through all the federal requirements and passed FBI background checks.I have a Ohio CCW passed everything until suddenly last summer I went to buy a swiss K-31 rifle and got denied I appealed this thinking someone with my same name was a dirtbag.Turns out the state of virgina listed me as a convicted felon.After a year long legal battle.I've finally got my gun rights back.Talk about a nightmare I hope you never need to go through this!!
Feels good to be free again!
Alan Gura is one great lawyer same guy who defeated the DC Gun Ban!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."