This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 07-26-2008

Default Survived 110 to 130 mph winds

My small ass town got kicked in the balls by extreme winds.Trees were down every were.I tried taking the normal route home only to find 6 trees down across the road I cut my way through 5 trees with a M-9 bayonet only to reach the 6th tree that was a 18 inches around.I wasen't going to get through that. So I backed up into the darkness Hoping not to drive off the road,went back through all that crap out to SR 22 cut over to SR 668 and headed south once again trying to make my way home Volenteer firefighters were cutting up a tree that fell across the road their so I jumped out and help get that cleared out.A mile down the road yet another this one tangled in power lines none of us wanted to fuck with that. So back up to SR-22 and tried going south on SR13 almost got to were I needed to be Yet another huge tree in the power lines. I cut down a side road and cut through 2 more trees and managed to get to the town of Rehobeth and made my way east from their what is normally a one hour trip home turned out to take 4 hours.
I've since bought one of those folding camp saws that I keep in my truck. Sure beats a Bayonet.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-26-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Tornado or tropical storm?
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 07-29-2008

Default Re: Survived 110 to 130 mph winds

they say Neither, wind shear is what they are calling it.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-13-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

I survived an F2 Tornado back in 02. Normally not a big deal. However, I was sitting in my front office as I watched it cut across a corn field and head straight through my yard. All in all it was about 50 ft. (no joke) from the front of my house. I grabbed my dog who was just a pup at the time and hid in the bathroom while it sounded like the world was ending outside. When it was over we went outside to find cars flipped over, and part of my neighbors garage in my driveway. Scariest moments of my life. Dolphin Shooter may remember. It was spawned from the same system that hit Van Wert Ohio on the same day.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 09-10-2008
Administrator

I like the picture of the goober sitting on the front porch of the house. I wonder if they're thinking on making oa bid on the RV. I think that damage could be buffed out.
Old 09-10-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Talking Re: Survived 110 to 130 mph winds

Nah, he's probably going to use the scrap aluminium to repair his house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
I like the picture of the goober sitting on the front porch of the house. I wonder if they're thinking on making oa bid on the RV. I think that damage could be buffed out.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008