This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 11-05-2006
Super Moderator

Default Idea for a small contest...

In another [spam] thread recently, I made a comment about the modern spam we get not being nearly as much fun as what we got on the old board [that classic "KIDNEY FOR SALE!" stuff].

This reminded me of something... Who here remembers the user 'Sons of Liberty Militia' on the old board?

Now call me crazy, but I miss that nutcase. He was always fun to read and make fun of. You had no idea what he was going to come up with next. One minute he was talking about how AIDS is a weapon built by the military industrial complex, the next minute he was talking about Floride being a communist plot to control America, and then he'd move on to the gray aliens who are about to invade Earth through the oilfields in Iraq... I mean it was like watching a traveling freakshow.

So this has got me thinking... Who don't we have a Sons of Liberty Impersonation Contest?

Everyone who wants will be able to enter one [1] insane, wacked out post full of conspiracy theories and such. On a certain date, we'll post a poll and see which one wins the title of Most Insane/Most Accurate Sons of Liberty Impersonation [same title].

Sound good?
Old 11-05-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Thumbs down Naah!

I think we already have a winner. You know who I'm talking about.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 11-30-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Thumbs up I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
In another [spam] thread recently, I made a comment about the modern spam we get not being nearly as much fun as what we got on the old board [that classic "KIDNEY FOR SALE!" stuff].

This reminded me of something... Who here remembers the user 'Sons of Liberty Militia' on the old board?

Now call me crazy, but I miss that nutcase. He was always fun to read and make fun of. You had no idea what he was going to come up with next. One minute he was talking about how AIDS is a weapon built by the military industrial complex, the next minute he was talking about Floride being a communist plot to control America, and then he'd move on to the gray aliens who are about to invade Earth through the oilfields in Iraq... I mean it was like watching a traveling freakshow.

So this has got me thinking... Who don't we have a Sons of Liberty Impersonation Contest?

Everyone who wants will be able to enter one [1] insane, wacked out post full of conspiracy theories and such. On a certain date, we'll post a poll and see which one wins the title of Most Insane/Most Accurate Sons of Liberty Impersonation [same title].

Sound good?

Truth is, the SOL guy was actually quite a gentleman compared to fuckheads like Tyler.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 10-12-2009

Default Re: Idea for a small contest...

Remember PetMonkey27??