This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 09-26-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta
Default Screen Door on a submarine

I found this on a biker's forum I frequent. Not sure I agree with all of it....it's a little over simplified but, it seems to ring true. What do ya'll think?

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there. It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.
Old 09-26-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default They've learned well

By paying attention to our own Perennially-aggrieved "minorities", and appropriating the jargon of automatic victimhood, they've managed to make a desire for order look as though it's really racial animosity.

We should still throw them all out.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.