This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 04-24-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Smile Hey, UZI!

Need help if you are willing to.

I have this friend who's a RPG geek in the role of "Master" (RPG obviously as Role-Playing Games, not Rocket-Propelled Grenade... ), and he asked me help in making an RPG on his own, this not because I'm an RPG fan but because I am a guns expert. He is creating some kind of play where the DnD (Dungeons And Dragons) fantasy-oriented scenario mixes with modern armament techniques (what he says: "I found that bringing down a Red Dragon with a rocket launcher is a little bit easier than trying to kill him with a crossbow..."). I have prepared tons of gun stats for him, now he is asking about explosives: you know, PETN, Compound-B, TNT, etc... I am not a big expert of such, could you direct me to some place where to find these informations? THNX

P.S.: Sorry if I offended anybody in the Political section, you know that the European and American points of view are different and as long as we get used to it, we get along. Besides, I am happy that we have a "Political Rants" section where we can dump our shit without polluting the rest of the board.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 04-24-2006
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

there's the white wolf and vampire the masquerade rpgs-- they have whole system on using firearms and explosives. I had the link to those measures on my old comp-- I can tell you the damage for a barret with HE rounds is 5D8.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 04-25-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Need help if you are willing to.

I have this friend who's a RPG geek in the role of "Master" (RPG obviously as Role-Playing Games, not Rocket-Propelled Grenade... ), and he asked me help in making an RPG on his own, this not because I'm an RPG fan but because I am a guns expert. He is creating some kind of play where the DnD (Dungeons And Dragons) fantasy-oriented scenario mixes with modern armament techniques (what he says: "I found that bringing down a Red Dragon with a rocket launcher is a little bit easier than trying to kill him with a crossbow..."). I have prepared tons of gun stats for him, now he is asking about explosives: you know, PETN, Compound-B, TNT, etc... I am not a big expert of such, could you direct me to some place where to find these informations? THNX

Sounds like fun... I know a fair bit about explosives and pyrotechnics.

However, I wouldn't want to talk about it in detail in the open here where any Muhammed Al-Goatbugger/etc can read it. Private message me with more details about what he needs to know.

Quote:
P.S.: Sorry if I offended anybody in the Political section, you know that the European and American points of view are different and as long as we get used to it, we get along. Besides, I am happy that we have a "Political Rants" section where we can dump our shit without polluting the rest of the board.

No offense taken at all, and understand I mean no offense with my rants either. Politics is politics, if you know what I mean. Intense debate doesn't have to lead to offense on either side unless someone has a thin skin.