This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 11-06-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Hmmm...I think there are better ways to try to make an analogy for sub forums. I would agree with adding each item, but not multiplication.

Irrelevant either way, they're still a remainder.
Old 11-06-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
...that if this Administration has been so good, why your own Armed Forces say all the same thing with one voice?

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2333376.php
http://www.navytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2333376.php
http://www.airforcetimes.com/story.p...25-2333376.php
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...25-2333376.php

Are they all "traitors", "liberals" or what?

Again, PT, you have no idea what you are talking about.....stick to firearms, you know a lot about that, stay with your strengths and stop medling in AMERICAN polotics.

In the interest of full disclosure, Navy and Army Times are owned by Gannett - which prints USA today - and, unlike in days gone by - these "Military Magazines" are run by civilians who have little military experience and care only about creating sensational covers such as "your ship is making you sick" in order to sell papers. They walk the walk and talk the talk that Gannett tells them to.

Other than a few holdover features, no one in the Military bothers to read them anymore.

Again, PT will not reply and will never apologize....euro-snobs.....
Old 11-06-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Tyler

If your side loses, I expect we'll read of your sucide?

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 11-06-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
My Uncle is a math professor. He has written many books on math education and was even on a famous talk show where the topic was math education.

I always love how on the internet, experts can be invented on demand.

Quote:
I've had college level math classes through Calculus (4.0s in all three semsters of Calculus thank you very much)

Nice, now try it somewhere accredited.

Quote:
and I've never seen your kind of math before. Must be some kind of new math, huh?

An extremely basic equation, and you've never seen anything like it? Did you drop out of middle school?

The only thing even slightly less than common about it is the use of remainder, r is more often used for radius. But none the less remainder is hardly uncommon.

Do a little research, it isn't hard to find.

Unless what has confused you is the concept of using math to describe social concepts.

Quote:
2 hours to go go go, I wanna be sedated...

How many times are you going to vote this year?

Or can you still not pass for 18, even with the fake IDs?

Last edited by UZI4U : 11-06-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Guy

I doubt Tyler would use his last action in this world to prove there is a G-d.
Old 11-06-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here are the main problems I have with your "math" analogy:

1. A Forum would be the SUM of it's Subforums, NOT the product.

Not really. In the case of SecurityArms, the Forum's core is the Firearms section. All the others could be dropped/deleted, and SecurityArms would still exist as it is intended to be. Those who have been here longer than you know this to be a the case.

The various other sections, for politics and jokes and games and all these other things, are bonuses. They are not required for SecurityArms to fulfill its purpose.

Thus, those items are a remainder.

Until you understand that, this isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
2. Your equation syntax (while sloppy) implies multiplication of all the variables.

Which isn't a problem.

Quote:
3. If you intended to mix multiplication and addition in your equation, there is no indication of it (or none by traditional methods).

Study the meaning of remainder.

Google isn't that damn hard to find.

Quote:
Here are your options how you could correct your math:

It doesn't need correction, especially from someone who not only doesn't understand the meaning and use of remainder, but also can't freaking google it!
Old 11-06-2006

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Guy

I was on a clean-up detail not to long ago from where a soldier in my troop blew his head off with a 12g shotgun. It was one of the worst things i've ever done in my life. But i don't believe i'd really mind cleaning Tylers brains off a wall.

Anyways, I have no doubt democrates are going to get a lot of votes, but getting seats is a lot harder. Democrats are fairly confident of picking up GOP seats in Ohio and Penn. But their hopes of picking up seats in Missouri, Rhode Island and Montana have been going down. Its still up in the air. Analylist, pollsters, strategist, Democrats and republicans all agree its down to the wire and they don't know how it will turn out. Anything can happen right now.

So when i hear an Idiot on a web site claiming victory up to seven days before the election, knowing he knows shit about real world politics, except what you have heard mommy scream at the tv. I have to say that, you've proven that everything falling out of your head is pure dark brown bullshit. I could not imagine cleaning a wall of dark brown shit after a person like you opened your mouth.
Then you try to argue with one of the smarter members of this board about basic math. Claiming to have a 4.0 in Calculus because you have an Uncle is fucking horse shit. I believe horse shit is even darker than bullshit, but less chunky. Oh yeah well my uncle is a strategic pollster analylist for the democratic and republican institute of surveying. And i have a 4.0 GPA. So i win! Do you see how fucking stupid yu sound yet?
I'm going to go wash my hands thinking of all this dark drown chunkey bullshit makes me feel dirty.
________
HOTBOX VAPORIZER

Last edited by Ferret da Bone : 08-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2006
Super Moderator

I can confirm horseshit is darker than bullshit. As a matter of fact I think I still have some of each on my boots, maybe I'll go dig out the digital camera for a comparison.
Old 11-06-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret da Bone
I was on a clean-up detail not to long ago from where a soldier in my troop blew his head off with a 12g shotgun. It was one of the worst things i've ever done in my life. But i don't believe i'd really mind cleaning Tylers brains off a wall.

Anyways, I have no doubt democrates are going to get a lot of votes, but getting seats is a lot harder. Democrats are fairly confident of picking up GOP seats in Ohio and Penn. But their hopes of picking up seats in Missouri, Rhode Island and Montana have been going down. Its still up in the air. Analylist, pollsters, strategist, Democrats and republicans all agree its down to the wire and they don't know how it will turn out. Anything can happen right now.

So when i hear an Idiot on a web site claiming victory up to seven days before the election, knowing he knows shit about real world politics, except what you have heard mommy scream at the tv. I have to say that, you've proven that everything falling out of your head is pure dark brown bullshit. I could not imagine cleaning a wall of dark brown shit after a person like you opened your mouth.
Then you try to argue with one of the smarter members of this board about basic math. Claiming to have a 4.0 in Calculus because you have an Uncle is fucking horse shit. I believe horse shit is even darker than bullshit, but less chunky. Oh yeah well my uncle is a strategic pollster analylist for the democratic and republican institute of surveying. And i have a 4.0 GPA. So i win! Do you see how fucking stupid yu sound yet?
I'm going to go wash my hands thinking of all this dark drown chunkey bullshit makes me feel dirty.

It's good to have you back bro.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 11-06-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
1. If you'd like to call the politics forum a subforum, I could care less. The problem is you try to use logic to explain a subforum when, in fact, most (if not all) the posting forums here are of equal level (if you are talking tree type structure). They are either all forums under the main SecurityArms forum or they are all subforums under the SecurityArms forum. The Politics forums is most definitly NOT a subforum of the Firearms forum.

It is not my fault you are a total moron. Just because the politics forum is on the same organization level as the firearms forum does not make them equal. It is no different than the fact that the Department of Defense is on the same level in the US Government as the State Department. Yet which gets more funding?

For the last, freaking, time. This is a firearms website, it has a firearms messageboard on it. That messageboard also just so happens to have a few additional sections on politics and such bullshit simply as a bonus, and not being of the same importance as the firearms section!

In case you haven't noticed, the Firearms section is treated with the utmost respect. There is a reason for that.

Quote:
2. You are just being difficult. Surely you know difference between a SUM and a PRODUCT.

And the SecurityArms message board is not simply the sum of its parts. It is a more complex situation than that. Some parts are more important than others. Some parts are totally optional and actually have no effect on the sum at all.

Find one person here who says otherwise.