This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 11-16-2009
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Wink Another TRIVIA for the week!

Name it... if you can...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trivia rifle.jpg (17.1 KB, 14 views)
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 11-17-2009

Default Re: Another TRIVIA for the week!

Czech Weapons CZW 556:

http://www.czechweapons.com/en/produ...rifle-czw-556/

Czech Weapons smgs, rifles and automatic grenade launchers are based on weapons of Czech company LCZ Group developed at 90` on base of work of A. Baryshev:

http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as87-e.htm

Last edited by Wosiu : 11-17-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2009

Thumbs up Jackpot!

CZECH WEAPONS s.r.o. CZW-556 assault rifle

The CZW-556 is a fairly conventional assault rifle designed for military and Law Enforcement purposes by the Czech enterprise Czech Weapons S.R.O., formerly known as Avia-Tech A.S. (years 2003 to 2006) and as Neuhold Enterprise A.S. (years 2000 to 2003), although always remaining in the town of Slavičín. This company offsprings from the LCZ Group A.S., founded in the early 1990s to produce and market firearm systems designed by the Russian gun engineer Anatoly F. Baryshev. Mr. Baryshev invented a peculiar delayed-blowback operation system during the 1960s; said system shown a major advantage in the form of a significant decrease in felt recoil, but also proved itself unreliable under harsh conditions and inaccurate in single shots. In the early 1990s, LCZ Group A.S. manufactured several Baryshev-based protoypes in 7'62x39mm-M43, 7'62x51mm-NATO and 7'62x54R, introducing them to the world market in a number of military exhibitions worldwide, yet finding no but found no buyers. The Baryshev system allowed to build lightweight, low-recoil individual weapons in high calibers such as the above-mentioned 7'62x51mm-NATO or 7'62x54R, which were very controllable in full-automatic fire; but this was the only significant advantage of the system over other, more conventional systems.

The company changed its denomination several times during the years, ranging from "LCZ Group" to "Avia-Tech" to "Neuhold Enterprise" and finally to "Czech Weapons s.r.o.", in a constant strive to improve the Baryshev design and make it commercially viable. The fact that the company has not gone bankrupt during the years, yet changing names many times, and that now appears to have fully set production capabilities, would appear to mean that the company has concluded several contracts. The Czech Weapons SAG-30 semi-automatic grenade launcher has been procured by the U.S. Department of Defense, possibly for FMS (Foreign Military Sales) to Middle-Eastern countries. The company has also contributed to the development of the Ceska Zbrojovka CZ-S805A "Standard" 5'56x45mm assault rifle that has been selected for adoption by the Czech Armed Forces to replace the aging Vz.58 7'62x39mm assault rifle.

The CZW-556 assault rifle is a select-fire weapon based on the delayed-blowback Baryshev system. Mainly manufactured out of stampings to reduce costs, with polymer furnitures and side-folding metal stock with polymer cheekpiece, features a fixed front sight and an HK-style adjustable rear sight, plus an upper Picatinny rail for sighting devices. Through field-stripping, the firearm can be converted to other 5mm (.222/.223) or 6mm calibers, as well as to handgun calibers, and the barrel can be replaced with longer heavy barrels to fulfill LMG roles, or with shorter "Carbine" barrels. The manufacturers publicize the high controllability of the system in full-automatic fire; the CZW-556 can be equipped with a fire selector featuring a full-automatic mode or a controlled burst option.

-- TECHNICAL SPECS --
CALIBER: 5'56x45mm-NATO (standard; convertibility to other calibers advertised by the manufacturer)
FEEDING: STANAG-4179 (M-16) magazines
OVERALL WEIGHT: 3,1 kg
BARREL LENGHT: 385 mm
OVERALL LENGHT: 710 mm (stock folded) / 930 mm (stock unfolded)
RATE OF FIRE: 750 rounds per minute
SIGHTS: Fixed front sight; adjustable rear sight for 100/200/300/400 metres

-- MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFO --
Czech Weapons S.R.O.
Družstevní 195
763 21 Slavičín
Czech Republic
TEL/FAX: 00420 – 577 342 288
URL: http://www.czechweapons.com
E-MAIL: info@czws.cz

"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 11-17-2009

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

Those people never dissapoint me. Let me say, I LOVE CZECH WEAPONS ! I keep a little CZ 70 next to my bed, and it's been there for many years. It has never jammed or misfed.....ever. Now I could sort of tell it's origin by the handgrip and stock, but I have not seen this model before. Very, very nice !

P.S. PT, I just picked up an Egyptian Helwan, copy of the old Beretta Brigadier (I'm sure you know this). Any thoughts? Is it as good as the original, or just an inferior copy? I have not fired it yet, but it seems rather solid. Either way, I picked up some wood grips and an extended mag in an attempt to emulate the 93r

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
P.S. PT, I just picked up an Egyptian Helwan, copy of the old Beretta Brigadier (I'm sure you know this). Any thoughts? Is it as good as the original, or just an inferior copy? I have not fired it yet, but it seems rather solid. Either way, I picked up some wood grips and an extended mag in an attempt to emulate the 93r

Well, there are several "schools of thought" about the Helwan-made Beretta clones. Let's just say that you may pick up a good model just as well as a completely worn-out, unreliable model; that's because them were made in such a huge quantity (the number of Helwan "Brigadier" pistols ever manufactured is superior to the number of original Beretta M-951, if we could out the .30-Luger M-952 and all other variants). The positive side is that you can easily find out parts to replace the worn-out of broken ones, if it's the case. By the way, a contributor of my magazine, Mr. Adriano Simoni, who also happens to be one of the biggest Beretta experts and collectors in Europe, owns both an Helwan "Brigadier" and an Helwan M-920, and finds them both extremely relaible, accurate and satisfactory. We are talking about a sturdy project, here.

BTW, with wooden grip panels and an extended magazine, it would be still hard for your Helwan "Brigadier" to emulate the Beretta 93R, which is pretty different in look. If you have a carpenter manufacture a wooden foregrip for you, anyway, you might emulate the Beretta 951-R (burst-fire version of the 951). In the Beretta 951-R, the foregrip was under-foldable; installing it so to be functional (under-folding) would require a modification of the frame on your gun, and might turn it in an SBR or AOW, requiring a BATFE approval; but if you install it just to be permanently attached in the resting position, there shouldn't be any problem and you will be perfectly emulating a Beretta M951-R. HERE is what the M951-R looked like with the foregrip folded and unfolded, so that you might eventually be able to tell a carpenter what to do if you want to go on with the project. I also have colour pictures of the weapon, can't attach them right now because I am not working on my PC.

On the subject of Egyptian firearms, however, I've found out that their ordnance factory, the "Abu Za'abal Factory", formerly known as the "Maadi Company for Engineering Industries - Factory 54", has a website: http://fact54.momp.gov.eg/

Old 11-18-2009

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

That's just weird... I was busy researching the Baryshev system this week.

And I do think he was onto something with a 12.7mm system... a .50 caliber automatic on a bipod. Sure, single shot accuracy is lackluster but I think it had potential in autofire for non-expert shooters to use in stopping thinner skinned vehicles. Could be handy for infantry and lighter mechanized forces to use in areas where they are having... "technical difficulties".

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.
Old 11-18-2009

Arrow Baryshev's .50-caliber rifle.

CZECH WEAPONS s.r.o. CZW-127

The CZW-127 is an anti-matériel/heavy sniping rifle manufactured by the CZECH WEAPONS s.r.o. company of Slavičín (Czech Republic), to engage lightly armored targets as well as human targets over 1000 metres (1 km) of distance. Manufactured mostly of machined metal, with minimum use of Polymer due to its high caliber, the CZW-127 anti-matériel/sniping rifle is based upon the Baryshev-patented delayed-blowback system; this system was first implemented on a high-caliber anti-matériel/sniping rifle in the early 1990s, when the grandfather company of CZECH WEAPONS s.r.o., LCZ Group A.S., attempted without success to market the B-30, first seen at the IDET-95 expo. The B-30 was fed from a top-mounted (BREN-style) five-rounds magazine and was capable of full-automatic fire, to deliver anti-matériel suppressive fire from a considerable distance, in support of infantry troops, in case of necessity. Seen the generally low ammunition capacity of anti-matériel rifles (which normally ranges from 5 to 10 rounds), which would burn out an entire magazine very quickly if fired in full-automatic, and due to the difficulties found in marketing the B-30 rifle, the project was totally redesigned from scratch, retaining only the Baryshev delayed-blowback operation, this time applied to a completely new rifle that is only semi-automatic in function and feeds from a downside-mounted magazine, with scope mounts on top. The standard chambering is for the Russian/Warsaw Pact 12'7x108mm, with 12'7x99mm-NATO (.50-BMG) conversion available. Another revolution in the CZW-127 rifle design is the double-column magazine, which, although bulky and heavy, allows a 12-rounds capacity, exceptionally high for a firearm of this category. The CZW-127 rifle also features an underfolded stoc, attached to the rear of the upper receiver through a hinge; it can be underfolded for transport, or to be fixed on the ground as a rear pod for better stability to fire the weapon from the ground or from another support: this, because the delayed-blowback operation should be supposed to allow controllability even when the shooter has not the buttstock on his shoulder. The CZW-127 semi-automatic anti-matériel/sniper rifle has also fully ambidextrous controls.
The Baryshev delayed-blowback system allows the CZW-127 rifle to be controllable even when fired from the shoulder, in a standing position. The rifle features an under-folding bipod and a removable muzzle brake; the manufacturer claims the CZW-127 rifle to be fully controllable in fire even when the muzzle brake is detached.

-- TECHNICAL SPECS --
CALIBER: 12'7x108mm (convertible to 12'7x99mm)
CAPACITY: 12-rounds detachable magazine
OVERALL WEIGHT: 13,4 kg
BARREL LENGHT: 860 mm
OVERALL LENGHT: 1140 mm (stock extended) / 1380 mm (stock underfolded)
SIGHTS: optical sights
OPERATION: semi-automatic, Baryshev delayed-blowback system

-- MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFO --
Czech Weapons S.R.O.
Družstevní 195
763 21 Slavičín
Czech Republic
TEL/FAX: 00420 – 577 342 288
URL: http://www.czechweapons.com
E-MAIL: info@czws.cz

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 11-18-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2009

Wink And, for those who are curious...

Here are the pics of the grandpas of the Czech Weapons CZW-127 rifle: the Baryshev's designs produced by LCZ GROUP AS in the mid-1990s which, "mixed together", gave life to it.

Those are, respectively, the B-40 anti-matériel rifle in 12'7x108mm caliber (originally called by Baryshev the KPB-12,7, in cyrillic КПБ-12,7) and the B-30 grenade launcher in 30x29B (a.k.a. originally the ARGB-30, or АРГБ-30 in cyrillic)