This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 10-25-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default America-Haters Must Be Seething...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...024101,00.html

Gotta love it when lefties attempt to try someone from another country for an occurrence in a yet a third country...

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 10-25-2007

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: America-Haters Must Be Seething...

Gee they rushed a checkpoint and got shot. Big surprise.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 10-26-2007

No surprise...

It's just another red herring used by the various internationalist groups to discredit America and our goals with regard to the ME. The lying communist bitch changed her story so many times she became a laughing stock- at one point even admitting they had been flashed warning lights by the Americans.

The latest one is the issue of contractors, who are in the process of being smeared on a wholesale basis by lefties for being "trigger-happy", "profiteering" "mercenaries". The alleged September incident is far from being resolved, and will likely fall apart like the Haditha incident in which opportunistic Democratic party slimeballs like Jack Murtha eagerly assisted what turned out to be an AQI trap designed to make it look as though Americans were guilty of cold-blooded murder.

Anyway, her story went down faster than a chubby intern in an Oval Office crawl space.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 10-26-2007

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

I wouldn't worry too much about the whole Blackwater scandal. And I seriously doubt that those were "unarmed civilians" that were killed. But the Dems love that type of bullshit. Any opportunity they have to dance in someone's blood is not an opportunity wasted. Are they mercenaries? Sure, they are highly trained professionals working in the most hostile environment in the world. When threatened they respond. Case closed.

Old 10-26-2007

Talking Bwaaahahahahaha!

Sorry, just laughing my crap off seeing how short-sighted you are.

So, the Italian court ruled that Mr. Mario Lozano can't be tried in Italy for the murder of Nicola Calipari 'cause Italy has "No jurisdiction".

They were WRONG, and they know it. The Italian law clearly states that the Italian judicial system has jurisdiction about ALL crimes committed by ANYBODY, regardless of nationality, and EVERYWHERE in the world, if those crimes have an Italian citizen between the perpetrators or the victims, and, last but not least, also if the perpetration of said crime has put the Italian National Security in serious danger.
Now, #1: Mr. Nicola Calipari was DEFINITELY an Italian citizen; and, #2: the murder of an high-rank official of our Intelligence assets (like Nicola Calipari was) DEFINITELY puts our National Security in jeopardy. So they had DOUBLE JURISDICTION about the case.

Why they ruled about having NO jurisdiction? Think, people! It has already happened in 1999, when the Italian courts renounced to try the US Marines responsible for the 1998 Cavalese cable-car disaster, and in exchange Silvia Baraldini, and Italian citizen who had been convicted in the United States in 1983 for made-up RICO-related charges such as "Conspiration to commit armed robberies" (but actually arrested and detained under US Govermental orders because of her political beliefs), was released and transfered to Italy. The "agreement" with the US Government was that she had to be detained in Italy until 2008, but in reality she was immediately left out to walk on our streets as a free woman. We violated the agreement, and your Government didn't even moaned.

Now, just like then, the Italian government is Left-Wing. It's no longer America's faithful ass-kisser. If Italy has given up trying Mr. Mario Lozano, then you should wonder WHAT Italy has received in payback. It may be something that you won't like. Probably me neither.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 10-26-2007

Bla Bla Bla, they rushed a checkpoint and got fucking shot. Deal with it! You bet your commie ass I would have fired at an unidentified vehicle speeding toward me. That soldier did nothing more than his job. You can bitch and moan all you want, your backward, liberal, lefty court system can't touch him and it burns you up. Oh well.

Old 10-26-2007

Default Nice point, but there's just one...

They did NOT rushed at the checkpoint. Not at all.

And, our "our backward, liberal, lefty court system" CAN touch him. All it needs is that the victim's relatives, or the Government itself, appeals to the Court decision. And in Italy, unlike in America, the courts and/or the judges can not reject ANY appeal. If an appeal is presented, the Appeal trial has to start.
Unlike in America, in Italy you CAN be tried twice for the same felony, if the previous court has declared "Nolle Prosequi". You can not be tried twice only if your felony has fallen into prescription (that's not the case because Murder, either volounteer or unvolounteer, never does), or if your previous judgement has ended with an acquaintance on all the THREE DEGREES of judgement, because in Italy a Judgement has three degrees carried on in front of three different courts: the 1st Degree Court, the Appeal Court, and the Supreme Court.

Oh, Mr. Lozano keeps on saying that it "has been just a God-damn accident". I have no doubts about. I am SURE that it has been an accident. Only, Italian law punishes you even if you kill somebody by ACCIDENT. It's called a "2nd Degree Murder" and you can get up to 10 years in jail.

The Italian Court system CAN touch Lozano. Any time. Even now that a "Nolle Prosequi" has been declared from ONE particular court. If he is not touched, this only means that Italy has received a payback of some sort. Otherwise, for the Italian law, he could be taken in front of a superior court simply with an appeal, even be judged in contumacy (in the sense of "Trial in absence of the defendant"), 'cause his crime has undermined National Security (only evenience admitted by the Italian law for trial in contumacy).

"We've given up trying to find the truth about what happened to Nicola Calipari. The arrogance of America, which never wanted this trial, has won.'' (Giuliana Sgrena)
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 10-26-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2007

Quote:
They did NOT rushed at the checkpoint. Not at all.

Funny you should say that, because Ms. Smegmarena has said otherwise:

From her il Manifesto article-

Quote:
The car kept on the road, going under an underpass full of puddles and almost losing control to avoid them. We all incredibly laughed. It was liberating. Losing control of the car in a street full of water in Baghdad and maybe wind up in a bad car accident after all I had been through would really be a tale I would not be able to tell.

So they drove a car through a dangerous area (the most dangerous, in fact) at speeds that caused them to almost lose control of the car, towards a checkpoint they knew was there, then a 'rain' of fire and bullets from a soldier/an armored vehicle/an elite squad of Irish Leprechauns, or somewhere kills two of the three people in the car- one of whom (Calipari) was hit with a single bullet. That seems terribly unlikely if assassination was what they had in mind.

Aside from all the ways in which her story has mutated, there is the issue of your argument.

Quote:
in Italy, unlike in America, the courts and/or the judges can not reject ANY appeal. If an appeal is presented, the Appeal trial has to start.

Another reason why Italy is a Third World nightmare, full of imbeciles. Here in America (and I'm sure you think our legal system is racist, unjust, or whatever), there have to be legal grounds for an appeal. These grounds are constituted by significant, reversible error or misconduct on the part of either the judge or prosecutors, inadequate representation, or the discovery of new and possibly exonerating evidence.

Honestly- what kind of idiotic system provides for an appeal of a judge's verdict simply because someone demands it? No system I'd call fair, or efficient- but then, Italy's not known as an efficient place, unless you count the FDS, and that was more than 60 years ago, eh comrade?

Quote:
Unlike in America, in Italy you CAN be tried twice for the same felony

Also moronic. You get one bite at the apple- unless you can find new evidence. You think it's fair I should have to pay lawyers twice to prove my innocence? I bet you think the taxpayer should be stuck with the bill...

Quote:
Italian law punishes you even if you kill somebody by ACCIDENT. It's called a "2nd Degree Murder" and you can get up to 10 years in jail.

Here, it would be called 'negligent homicide', or 'involuntary manslughter'. The crime called 'Murder' requires an intent to kill. Lesser degrees of intent are still punished, but not as intentional murder. How on earth you can claim to know better than Lozano- or even choose between the various contradictory versions told by the lying Sgrena herself- is a thing of wonder. Everything is a conspiracy for you- the Americans murdered Calipari (although for what reason, you don't share with us), and since an Italian court dismissed the case, there must be another dark conspiracy (which by nature MUST have been authorized at the highest level by your comrade Prodi, no?) to let him get away with it.

Has it ever occurred to you, Comrade Professore Dottore Inspettore, that there exist such things as 'treaties' between allied nations that may actually affect how incidents such as this play out? Because there are. Besides the issue of a payoff (which is how Italians do things- not us.), what makes you so sure? It seems just as likely that we called in a past favor owed, or even simply told them outright that we wouldn't allow it. All of this considered, how is it that if your country is so uniformly against the American presence in Iraq, and lead by an outspoken opponent of that presence, that this still happened as a result of American bullying? It makes absolutely no sense at all, except as an elaborate, and highly dishonest rhetorical device designed to justify anti-Americanism on the part of both yourself and Ms. Sgrena- whose history of anti-Americanism is well documented.

Finally, this is (although quite unintentionally, I'm sure!) absolutely hilarious:

Quote:
"We've given up trying to find the truth about what happened to Nicola Calipari.

Well, that didn't take much at all, you pussies. Just give up...

Quote:
The arrogance of America, which never wanted this trial, has won.

Heh. You mean the rule of law has prevailed- and that's really what your little panties are in such a wad about.

Arrividerci, Stronzo.

Old 10-27-2007

Give up on it BG.

You're not going to convince /any/ Euro to stop babbling on the roadblock incident. It's bigger than the JFK assassination and Area 51 over there.

Now if /I/ were going to assassinate the guy... as in actual assassination instead of accidental death:

I would have used an IED. Nobody would suspect a thing that way.

Last edited by Mk23 : 10-27-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-27-2007

Let me say one thing. I've been trained in manning checkpoints. You first give an audible and visual warning. Hence you yell and flash lights at them. This is the first phaze. Second, you fire a warning shot. That's phaze two. Once they are "danger close" as in about 30 meters, deadly force is not only completely legal, but mandatory. If they had followed procedure and slowed down, shown identification, nothing would have happened. No, they sped toward an armed checkpoint with a blatant disregard for procedure. I don't know how you envision the whole scenario in your head but American soldiers, or any soldiers for that matter undergo days upon days of training to deal with situations like this. We don't just fucking shoot people on a whim. Deadly force is used when all other options are exhausted. They exhausted their options and were left with the last, terrible choice to fire upon the vehicle. I've only done this in training at Fort Benning, but let me tell you it goes down fucking fast! You have maybe three seconds to figure out what's going on. You have to stop them before they reach the kill zone. Even then, you're going to take grave damage from an IED.

You're dealing with a place where suicide bombers rush checkpoints all the time. They sped towards a checkpoint and got shot. No matter how you attempt to spin it, that's exactly what happened. It's a terrible, unfortunate thing. But the soldier in question did his job, followed orders and that's all.

Last edited by D Yankee (The Zionist) : 10-27-2007 at 01:53 AM.