This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-08-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Not Good !

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26080747

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-08-2008

Arrow I can't say I didn't expected it.

With Russia considering Georgia part of its own territory (don't forget that Stalin was Georgian), and with even part of the Georgian population itself considering their own Country part of Russia, things could only end up this way. And none of the two Countries did anything to prevent it, I have to say. Them have been taunting each others since Georgian independence.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-08-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: I can't say I didn't expected it.

Yeah, actually I've been waiting for this to happen. And Putin has timed it perfectly. With it being the opening day of the Olympics and everyone being focused on China, it's a great distraction for an invasion. It's an ugly situation that is bound to get uglier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
With Russia considering Georgia part of its own territory (don't forget that Stalin was Georgian), and with even part of the Georgian population itself considering their own Country part of Russia, things could only end up this way. And none of the two Countries did anything to prevent it, I have to say. Them have been taunting each others since Georgian independence.

Old 08-08-2008

Default Re: I can't say I didn't expected it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
Yeah, actually I've been waiting for this to happen. And Putin has timed it perfectly. With it being the opening day of the Olympics and everyone being focused on China, it's a great distraction for an invasion. It's an ugly situation that is bound to get uglier.

Look, man, as far as I could see from the news, it wasn't Russia to start it. The Georgian troops moved into South Ossetia FIRST, shelling the capitol and killing over 1000 civilians and several Russian troops placed there as observers as part of an international agreement. Sure, South Ossetia is officially Georgian territory, but if they wanted to curb a separatist movement (which didn't seemed particularly virulent after all), they could have done things differently, ESPECIALLY when they knew that Moscow wasn't waiting for anything else to launch an attack. I'd say both Countries are DEFINITELY wrong, Russia for invading a place that doesn't belongs to them (at least officially) and Georgia for being imprudent in firing the first shot when they KNEW that Russia was only waiting for a Casus Belli, which they served in a silver plate. I guess... some people just don't belong.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-09-2008

Default Re: Not Good !

I'm just saying that it's a very bad situation that could ignite the whole region into chaos.

Old 08-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
I'm just saying that it's a very bad situation that could ignite the whole region into chaos.

You BET it. And once again, you know what the reason is? OIL. Read HERE. South Ossetia is the waythrough for one of the most important pipelines that carry oil from the Middle East and the Caspian to Turkish destinations in the Black Sea, and ultimately to Europe, WITHOUT passing through Russia.