This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 07-16-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Thumbs down So, how's your wallet feeling today?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7509729.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/default.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5303590.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7355289.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7372689.stm
http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/16/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...23&ft=1&f=1003
http://www.huliq.com/64104/fannie-an...ck-down-rumors

Should Fannie and Freddie real go bankrupt, they'd leave a "hole" of 5000 billion US$; half of the entire public debt of the United States of America. So the Federal Government shall intervene, nationalizing them and helping them fill up their debt with an increase in taxes for the populace and an increase of the cost of money. It's like, to say, if tomorrow half of all societies quoted at the Italian Stock Exchange should go bankrupt. Fannie must rembourse about 216 billion dollars within 1 year; 291 billions are due from Freddie. There are no money, pretty simple: nobody pays their loan/mortgage fees any longer, and nobody opens new ones. There's no real estate market any longer. People has no more money.

What's astonishing is that the true crisis hasn't arrived yet. The banks risking bankruptcy in the United States are about 90, excluding IndyMac that's already gone belly up with the third worst bankruptcy in the history of the United States since World War 2.
Some suggestion: buy no real estate properties, make no debts, open no new loans/mortgages, close them if you have them if you can, don't buy stocks of real-estate societies and sell them out if you have them. And brace for impact.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 07-16-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: So, how's your wallet feeling today?

Amen brother. My wife and I are holding off on getting a house because of the whole mess of the economy. Hell we can barely afford fuel for our truck, and I've been selling my rifles (consolidating to ones that fire the same ammo). I'm bracing for impact because its coming.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 07-17-2008

Default The problem is global, man!!!

There in the U.S. you complain 'bout the price of fuel, yet you pay it 1/3 of what we pay it in Italy! So figure out!

BTW, save money if you can, and be ready to invest it on ammunition. Stashing some rounds wouldn't be a bad idea, 'cause now the question is not -if- the shit is ever going to hit the fan, but -WHEN-. Again, the problem is economic and social. The typical disequality of the capitalist system has pushed too far, we're reaching levels that haven't been touched since the beginning of the 20th Century, people is getting pissed off WORLDWIDE, and the rise of the price of fuel, due to the turmoil in the Middle East, is only the cherry on the pie (and the ongoing military ops in Iraq and Afghanistan sure DON'T help under this point of view; obviously you can argue now, but I bet in some year, we'll find out that it was all calculated: not only waging war to predate that Country of its oil, but to cause a worldwide increase in price to squeeze more money out of poor sods like us all). When the situation will explode, G*D only knows what kind of measures the political/economical Úlites who rule our Countries will invent to mantain their position of power. Get prepared to squeeze a few shots, 'cause THIS, and not some kind of UN-related shit, is the typical kind of scenario that I have ever imagined as the best possible for the settlement of a global "New World Order"...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 07-17-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: So, how's your wallet feeling today?

I agree with you. What's even more amazing is this. I just read the other day that 8 million, yes you read it right. 8 million Americans are on an anti terror watch list. Meaning that if you are a suspected terrorist you no longer have rights should the government wish to prosecute. Meaning, the Feds kick in your door, take your guns, burn your home, and lock you up forever.

Seems to me they are planning a massive sweep to get rid of undesireables as you "red fellows" (sorry) call them.

A major shit storm is coming. My problem is that I may be in Egypt when it happens and I worry about my wife and mother. The cost of fuel could easily be solved in this country but it won't. The government taxes the hell out of fuel and does not permit the building of new refineries. This keeps the costs up, and keeps us at their mercy.

My country is doomed, I've accepted it. When my Army contract is up in 2012, my wife and I, and our first born child are leaving to New Zealand. I won't raise my children under fascism.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 07-18-2008

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power of money should be taken from banks and restored to Congress and the people to whom it belongs. I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money, are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-18-2008

Default Maybe this is what Obama ment

But what the fuck do I know? I'm just a paranoid fuck that really needs to locate my tin Foil hat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhzvyblUy4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most sweeping and alarming comments Barack Obama made in his July 2 speech, have been quietly deleted from transcripts published in major media outlets. Even the Wall Street Journal omitted them. I wonder where they got the transcript?

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69784

Obama's 'Big Brother' vanishes from speech

'Civilian security force' missing from 'call to service' transcript

Posted: July 16, 2008
9:37 pm Eastern

Democrat Sen. Barack Obama's stunning assertion in a recent speech that the U.S. needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the half-trillion dollar Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force is not included in published transcripts of his prepared remarks.

In the July 2 speech in Colorado Springs, Obama insisted the U.S. "cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set."

Campaign officials have declined to return any of a series of WND telephone calls over several days requesting comment. Nor have they posted a transcript of the speech on their website.

The lines are not included in a transcript of the prepared remarks published by the Denver Post and Wall Street Journal.

According to the transcript, Obama was to have said:

We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

But a YouTube video of the speech (GONE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=Df2p6867_pw ), at about the 16-minute mark, shows Obama added the following lines:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-28-2008

Unhappy Good news 'bout American economy never stop coming, don't they?

Read THIS, and whoever you vote next November, get ready to cry blood.