This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 06-26-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default A Victory For Gunowners

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626/...andidates_guns

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 06-27-2008

My opinion is that, okay, the ruling of DC Vs. Heller (I guess that's the case, isn't it?) will open the way to challenge other gun control laws (such as the ones of Illinois/Chicago, California/San Francisco, Massachussets/Boston, and New York), but I don't know what the outcome will be as far as future Governmental/Presidential decisions. Probably McCain wouldn't touch gun owners, but I won't be so sure about that. Also, mind, the next President is most probably going to be Barack Obama. Hopefully he'll be scared enough by this court ruling (and by the fact that his State, Illinois, has one of the highest concentrations of gun manufacturers in the USA) that he'll retain from signing any Federal piece of legislation (i.e. "Assault Weapons Ban") and will instead let the States decide.
Hope for the best...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 06-27-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: A Victory For Gunowners

I don't know man. In the Past Obama has done everything he can to utterly shit on the Second amendment. Especially in Illinois. If I recall correctly he fought tooth and nail to prosecute an elderly homeowner for shooting an intruder with a handgun. Obama is no friend of the Second Amendment. His record shows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
My opinion is that, okay, the ruling of DC Vs. Heller (I guess that's the case, isn't it?) will open the way to challenge other gun control laws (such as the ones of Illinois/Chicago, California/San Francisco, Massachussets/Boston, and New York), but I don't know what the outcome will be as far as future Governmental/Presidential decisions. Probably McCain wouldn't touch gun owners, but I won't be so sure about that. Also, mind, the next President is most probably going to be Barack Obama. Hopefully he'll be scared enough by this court ruling (and by the fact that his State, Illinois, has one of the highest concentrations of gun manufacturers in the USA) that he'll retain from signing any Federal piece of legislation (i.e. "Assault Weapons Ban") and will instead let the States decide.
Hope for the best...

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008