This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 04-24-2010
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default So Where the Hell do I Start?

Long story short, my dad was really into amatuer radio. Growing up we had CB radios in the car, base stations in the house, we had ham radios, antennas mounted all over the roof. Problem is, I was too young to understand the technical side of it, and my late Father's old equipment is long gone. I want to get back into it. First I need to get my license, then I need some basic start up equipment. Help....I'm lost.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 02-04-2011

Default Re: So Where the Hell do I Start?

most people start of with a 2 meter rig witch runs $170 to 200 bucks. I pefer the yeasu VX-170 its built to mil spec and can be modifed to do all kindsa crap its not suppost to do. The license is a good start but the way things are going you might not need one much longer. Many places on the net you can take the test and just keep taking it till you get it right you'll memorize it in no time. The advantage in the 2 meter rigs is they have repeaters everywere witch give you a huge range off a simple handheld. Attach a decent base antenna witch can be bought cheap or made buy hand will allow you to hit repeaters much further out you can run a mobie antenna and do the same out of your vehicale. shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.I'll make a effort to get back here more often if I can out from under the dirty Daipers
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

Wow it only took you damn near a year to get back to me. lol

Old 02-05-2011

yea that was 7,984,748 shitty Daipers ago, this 18 month old is kickin my 47 year old ass
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-06-2011

I hear that. Mine is two now. Wait till they start walking.

Old 02-10-2011

Ohh she's walkin, climbing,tearing shit up,worshiping satan,dog torture,surfing she's gonna be a handfull!