This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 05-07-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Need some help on a firearm accessory

Now it's just about official. I'll have an HK45 waiting for my return from Taiwan. My first 21-years-of-age honest to goodness personal firearm.

Now I'd like to know where to get something like this:

http://www.airsplat.com/Images/AC-UP-P-RAIL-AB.jpg

that is not for airsoft. Side rails would be a plus, but not important. Just something I could mount an optic on for the range, and take off for holster carry, and then put back on and hopefully at least MOSTLY keep the same zero.

Something that mounts on the HK45 frame rail and goes up around to the top like that.
Old 05-07-2007

Default Re: Need some help on a firearm accessory

Oh, and on that note...

Any word on a Sage EBR stock for an 03A3 TJ? I mean, M14, M1 Garand... it's gotta be the next one on the list, right? And a neighbor in El Paso wants to sell his old Remington 1903A3.

Old 05-08-2007

Red face Hmmm

There are similar mounts, with top-rail and under-frame attachment, for IPSC practice shooting and similar activities (where you need to have on your pistol an optic on top of your pistol that doesn't goes back with the slide). To speak, things along the line of THIS.
I don't know if there's anything similar with FOUR rails overall, but I don't exclude that you actually might attach three more rails to such an IPSC mount if you tinker with it a little bit (just don't ask me HOW exactly 'cause I do not know). What I am sure of is that you shall never, not even for an experiment, try to use your real gun with such a mount that's made for airsoft. That cheap plastic won't sustain the stress and would most probably crack and fall apart (if not blow to pieces) at the very first shot.
An option would be to ask to have something similar custom-made. What's your budget?
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 05-08-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2007

Well... hopefully my budget won't become that large by neccessity.
Old 05-08-2007
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

Actually...if you look around some of the airdoft websites, many might have a saddlemount for a tactical accessory rail.
Some company mill theirs out of T6 billet, same stuff as AR receivers and good enough for most optics.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 05-09-2007

You know, my airsoft team (I'm a member of G&G armament's airsoft skirmish team) does a lot of metalwork at their shops.

I'll ask around.