This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 04-30-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk23
It is open season on Italian policies.

CONSTITUTION OF THE ITALIAN REPUBLIC (year 1948)

11th AMENDMENT

"ltaly rejects war as an instrument of aggression against the freedom of others Peoples and as a means for settling international controversies; it agrees, on conditions of equality with other Countries, to the limitations of sovereignty necessary for an order that ensures peace and justice among Nations; it promotes and supports international organizations having such ends in view".

THIS is the constitution of MY Country. It is as sacred from me as for you is "We, The people of the United States of America" and "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

ALL the Italian policies you declared the "season" open to, have always been, are, and always will be, based upon the above-mentioned sacred principles, and to the others contained in the Constitution of the Republic I live in.
I have never criticized YOUR Constitution and its principles (I always regarded at them as fair and right, instead); so you don't criticize MY Constitution and it's principles.

Otherwise, you can simply stick your "season" up your ass.

Nonetheless, I declare (at least for myself) this thread CLOSED. My Country is mowning his sons dead in a war that over 90% of the population opposed to, and to which instead the (previous) government decided to participate to revere King George of Amerika. THIS is an Italian policy to criticize.

If you can read Italian, take a look at the Constitution of my Country in the official Website of the Italian Senate:
http://www.senato.it/istituzione/cos...e/articoli.htm

Otherwise you can read it in English in the official Website of the Italian Supreme Constitutional Court:
http://www.cortecostituzionale.it/en...stituzione.asp

A brief history of the Italian Constitution:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Italy
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 04-30-2006
Administrator

Default Interesting

Did you know the constitution of North Vietnam is very similar to the U.S. constitution?
Old 04-30-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Did you know the constitution of North Vietnam is very similar to the U.S. constitution?

And the point is...?
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 04-30-2006
Administrator

Default I dunno

Just thought it was interesting.
Old 04-30-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta
Default I gotta ask....

PT said, ".......based upon the above-mentioned sacred principles,....."

Please explain "Sacred".
Old 04-30-2006

Default Straw Man Alert!!!

Quote:
ALL the Italian policies you declared the "season" open to, have always been, are, and always will be, based upon the above-mentioned sacred principles, and to the others contained in the Constitution of the Republic I live in.
I have never criticized YOUR Constitution and its principles (I always regarded at them as fair and right, instead); so you don't criticize MY Constitution and it's principles.

I give this guy 3 s out of 4. My second highest troll rating.

We'll criticise your silly constitution all we like- as if all of your silly policies are actually based on it. Hah! Making that assertion is about as pointless as saying that all American policies are based on our contitution...they clearly are not.

Needless to say, we are crticising policy, and nobody brought up your pathetic country's pathetic constitution. You have nothing to be proud of in a constitution that enshrines such a lousy sytem of government- how many post-war governments has your crummy little country had?
When I lived in Rome, Andreotti and Craxi were the ones screwing up your country...and there's been like 5 goverments since then. By contrast, the place you like to put down has had one goverment since 1776. I guess we should be trying the more nuanced, European approach...

While I'm making fun of your bass-ackwards little shithole country, let's all have a good "Atsa spicy meat-a-ball" laugh at the little dung-nugget you pointed out:

Quote:
"ltaly rejects war as an instrument of aggression against the freedom of others Peoples and as a means for settling international controversies; it agrees, on conditions of equality with other Countries, to the limitations of sovereignty necessary for an order that ensures peace and justice among Nations; it promotes and supports international organizations having such ends in view".

BWA HAHAHAHAH!!! Italy rejects war! Italy doesn't have a choice- you took 40 years to nab a mobster living openly in your own country...of course you reject war, because you are totally incapable of waging it.
I suppose you need to be reminded that whatever pitiful symbolic "help" you provide is done voluntarily because Italy doesn't want to be seen as weak and frightened- certainly not because we begged or coerced you.

As far as other people's freedom, I suppose you think Iraqis were free before, and that they're not free now.

Is the irony lost on you, that as someone who subscribes to a system which is committed to the transformation of human society by erasing all distinctions, you are trying to wrap yourself in the mantle of nationalism?

Quote:
and to which instead the (previous) government decided to participate to revere King George of Amerika.

How telling...King George of Amerika...

And once again, you show your liberal elitism by stating that rather than being based on principles with which you may disagree, those who support the war do so out of obesience. And as if you don't know, it's spelled "America", not Amerika. Disparaging our name only disparages the Italian explorer from whom the name America was derived.

And you wonder why nobody pays attention to you commies other than to point out what evil, self-serving scum you are.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 04-30-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta
Default Ok, Old guy here...

Bacon Guy, I gotta ask....."pwn" ? "noobs" I think I understand but, "pwn"? Is that a constant misspelling of "own"? And, if it's just a substitution of letters,......well, what's that point?
Old 04-30-2006

Default Heh...

Uzi'll tell you which game it comes from. Some ancient videogame flashed the word "OWNED!" on the screen when you would vanquish an opponent, only it was misspelled "PWNED!". Since the two letters are close, it just happens, so it's become an internet joke. "Teh" is another one, for "The".

There's no point- it's just a self-reference for people on the net.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.