This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 12-30-2007
Super Moderator

Default Predictions for 2008

As we here at SecurityArms have done for many years, it time for our wonderful New Years tradition of posting preditions for the coming year, along with a review of the last years predictions...

There were so many predictions last year, I'm going to make a seperate post to review those... Post your predictions for 2008 in this thread.
Old 12-30-2007
Super Moderator

Default Re: Predictions for 2008

My predictions...

1) An expansion pack will be released for Call of Duty 4... It will be awesome... Battlefield 2: Bad Company will be hard pressed to complete.

2) Another Civilization IV expansion pack will be released, will be awesome.

3) Hillary Clinton will fight tooth and nail, and use her mafia to attempt destruction of her competition. If she wins the first primary, she'll be the Democratic presidential candidate. If she loses the first primary, she'll fail to become the Dem POTUS candidate. It all hinges on the first primary for her.

4) Ron Paul will lose the Republican primary in every single state. His supporters will go insane and bring back memories of the Gore supporters after 2000.

5) The 2008 Republican candidate will be either Giuliani or, in the very slim chance that Giuliani, McCain and Romney all knock each other out of the running, Thompson.

6) Iraq will continue to grow more stable, less violent and more of an actual nation... But in a two-steps-forward, one step back way. There will, however, be a burst of bloodshed from late August until the US General Election is over.

7) The Supreme Court will uphold the lower courts decision when they hear Parker vs. DC. It will be by a narrow vote.

8) Private military contractors will be demonized and put through witch-hunts, as they have been this year.

9) Iran will continue to better arm itself, with Russian aid. Will continue nuclear research. United States won't do anything about it. This'll doom us eventually, but not until after the 2008 election is decided.

10) Ammo prices will continue to go up.

11) I buy a Masada, determine it awesome.

12) I still don't get engaged, married, or have kids, despite my best efforts at all three.
Old 12-31-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Unhappy Oh, shit, no, not this stupid predictions game again...

My one and only prediction for 2008: "Shit continues to happen". At what extenct exactly, well, guess we'd only have to wait and see.

Happy New Year 2008 anyway. Keep on preserving your gun rights. As for this side of the Atlantic, I'll do my best.

"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 12-31-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2008
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default Re: Predictions for 2008

Been waiting for this thread and find I'd looked in the wrong place--

Predictions--
1) Since Bama's 7-point crush in the Iowa caucus-- I think we'll see more hype comparing him to a Kennedy.

2) With religion on the docket thanks to Romney and Huckabee, expect more end-times rants from the religious right, i.e. Roberts and the evangical ilk.

3) Moving 3-years into post Katrina N.O.-- we'll see
3A) a law suit by refugees against FEMA for further extraneous wastes on what they did when the city flooded.
3B) a greater migration of immigrant workers across the Gulf from what's left of Corpus Cristie to Pensacola. A result of the cheap labor in gulf ports from Mississippi and Alabama will further drive the cost of living up in those regions, as well as further devaluate the economic stratus...finally, Mississippi and Alabama will have more people to hate.
3C) Haliburton, feeling pressured from overseas ventures, will further express holdings in the gulf, and make a big show of humanitarian/philanthropic efforts.

4) With the general rush to Africa's aide losing trendiness again, we're going to see more swooning towards the Gulf and central/south America. Bradgelina's camp is parked in Orleans, while Stone's been making excursions to Venezuela to oversee hostage rescue ops (no shit.)

5) I'm going to opt for a similar prediction from last year: more violence on the boarder. Open military convoys, desert tunnels, and more confident cartels are going to leave the boarder bloody and the American public no more the wiser for proper coverage.

6) Chavez and Venezuela-- Rebels and Columbia-- Oil and Brazil.

7) China's last batch of broken bottle stuffed pandas have hurt their place in free trade, leaving mexican good available in Walmart and Wall Street hungry.

8) Vivendi Games, partner for MMORPG giant WarCraft creator Blizzard has acquired Activision-- developers of/for Call of Duty. Activision-Blizzard is expected to officially hit the market next quarter at 22 bucks and jump to 27. With the backing of Blizzard's server tech, we should expect CoD to set a new standard for open matchmaking networking.

9) Bungie's broken from Microsoft, creating a new take on the developer/publisher bubble within the gaming community. Furthermore, it marks the first successful rectal polyp to fall from Bill Gates...here's to it's continued life.

10) We're reaching a new peak in the technology bubble and it's ready to pop. Apple's hopes for the iPhone may die on the vine with current gen asian clones on the market. LG most noteably will bring Korean tech back in the scene not since seen since the early 80's.

11) With LG growing, Sony's in for a major loss. Blue ray loses ground as HD systems become more affordable and numerous at an exponential rate.
Case in point: 98% of retailors report a glut of PlayStation 3's whereas post x-mas sales show a continued demand for Wii's and the X-box 360 to the point of being back ordered through January (despite the fact the 360's been out for two years). If anything, it's beta max and VHS all over again.

12) SHOT '08 will show a steady turn out in terms of "new" faces-- mostly old smiths working for new outfits or their own private ventures. Expect to see mostly advances toward tactical shotguns, stuff most civies won't see, and lots of things meant to naturally give nuts wood. no seriously:
12A) Magpul, Magpul, Magpul.
12B) Everyone will have a signature suppressor.
12C) Companies like Bushie, DPMS, and Stag will hump around piston uppers.
12D) HK MR223/308 "unveiled" to resounding dissappointment otherwise otherwise drowned out by everyone else's oohhhing.

13) The gun market will continue to suffer as the overall cost of steel increases and paranioa of another ban driving up prices and demand.

14) At least two major firearms brands will announce finanicial difficulties in extended resources (i.e. Ruger and S&W stocks dropping).

15) Hornady made six calibers in the last year, and are now adding the .300RCM and .338 RCM compliments of Ruger. Without a doubt, they'll turn out another 4 before the fall.

I've more, but want to cut'em down before posting the rest.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell