This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-26-2007
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Thumbs down Dardik versus Bravo-5: dumb and dumber

Let this be the final answer-- next time some one just comes up with the same bad idea, just staple this to their forehead:

A bad idea then, a bad idea now

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 08-27-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Re: Dardik versus Bravo-5: dumb and dumber

I hear it was originally called the "Durden"

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 08-28-2007

It is opinion that Bravo 5 and Dardick pistol can not be compared.I am working on a much nicer prototype but to me even experimental prototype of B5 is more beautiful than Dardick.
Is this your opinion?
Regard,
Zoran
Old 08-28-2007

It seems any firearm (so, including yours) is prettier than what came up from the Dardick company.

At least to any basically educated firearms lover/user...

A wonder anyone hasn't talk them out of marketing this.... thing as is, not speaking about some people buying them (or did they ?)...
Old 08-29-2007

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

What a wonderfully useless, and retarded pistol. If I'm not mistaken it took special ammo, only held three rounds, and was unreliable.

I can see the ad now "Need a totally useless firearms that could possibly get you killed?" Look no further! The Dardik is here!"

"Akward loading mechanism, hard to find and expensive ammunition, low capacity, and totall unreliability is our company motto."

That thing makes the Tec 9 seem like a wise choice.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-29-2007

...Given the chance I'd probably still buy a Dardick....

...Just because I don't have one yet.

Doesn't mean I'd ever USE one...
Old 08-29-2007

Yeah, it's rare enough and anyway, part of firearms history.
Old 08-29-2007

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
"Akward loading mechanism, hard to find and expensive ammunition, low capacity, and totall unreliability is our company motto."

Actually the Dardick was no "low capacity", the 1500-series models held 15 rounds and the 1100-series models held 11... totally correct on the rest, though.

And what's worse with the BRAVO-5 is that it is trying to follow the steps of the Dardick and other unsuccessful designs (such as the Webley-Fosbery "Autorevolver") in mixing up all in one the peculiar features of the semi-automatic pistol and the revolver in order to obtain a "more reliable weapon". There's NOTHING more reliable in a pistol that uses overly-complicated working principles. A more complicated system means more things that can go wrong. Not to mention Mr. Zoran's worst idea: make the pistol cycle by PULLING THE TRIGGER!!! Jesus, if you really wanted to make the gun a perfect accident-machine, you couldn't have a better idea. As for single-handed cycling capabilities, yet the best system is the one used in the Pre-WW2 German "Lignose" and in the current Chinese .7'62mm Type 77 and .9x19mm NORINCO Model 77-B: a separated lever located in the trigger guard. At least it is SEPARATED from the trigger, which, let me recall this to you in case you have forgot, is that peculiar command that is due to make a gun FIRE A ROUND. Again, the main objection that should be posed to Mr. Zoran's project is: what if something the system breaks or malfunctions, as can happen in a pistol that supports the stress of repeated fire, and pulling the trigger to cycle the gun causes the pistol to fire a round instead? Or, what if, again, due to a breakage or a system malfunction, in the middle of an high-intensity shootout when you only have the chance to take down your target before he takes you down, you pull the trigger to shoot down the hostile and the gun cycles instead? In both cases, you are dead. Or injuried.

And as for Mr. Zoran's previous post: NO, I don't find the Bravo-5 any prettier than the Dardick.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-30-2007
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

I invite mr. Zoran to try pulling the trigger on a highpoint or even S&W Sigma series pistol. When your firearms are tuned between 2.5-4.5 pounds, the glassrod break of a good trigger versus the soft spongy pull on either of those previously mentioned.
I have gotta bite my lip when selling folks a Sigma orany high point in failing to mentioned the three feet on the tirgger pull or the 12 pound weight.

Let's not forget that in the original video, the last round-- a live cartridge-- fires and the holder drops it.

I couldn't expect to much else than flinch in pulling back on a spring loaded trigger, given considerable weight, and expecting a moderate to heavy recoil.

Ask anyone who's used a Sig (DAK SAS), S&W (M&P), IWI, Para, CZ, EEA, or Beretta Light Double Action.

Now that you think about it--
There is a moderately failsafe, easily concealable, rapid fire system kinda like that...
Oh yeah, old S&W hammerless!
hell, Jerry Miculek's 1/9th second record couldn't be too bad on DA revolvers.

The cynic in me can't resist giving Murphy his shot at some laughs, I'll stick to my 1911.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell