Old 09-27-2008
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default Cerberus corp at work

Nice new look for the Cobb 50
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=111243272
http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_mi...30-50BMGLW.asp

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell

Last edited by Armorer : 09-28-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Yet no new word about the ACR (Masada)...

Guess they are waiting to see who wins the elections, rather than defying all odds and sell it NOW, when people would buy it IMMEDIATELY, at any price, with the incredible interest around the design and the menace of a future ban. They're acting stupid. Very, very stupid.

Bushmaster
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 09-28-2008
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default Re: Cerebus corp at work

PT--
Ain't just Bushmaster sitting there and poo-pooing the elections-- quite the contrary reading the gunrags and seeing what other Cerberus holdings are doing these days...
Here's the updated Cerberus Umbrella:
Bushmaster
DPMS
Remington
Marlin (and through them, L.C. Smith)
Savage
Cobb
H&R 1871/New England Firearms (and by default Excell)

Every single gun mag that has passed through my hands since last December has marked a steady increase in arms provided by Remington and DPMS. While Bushie has continued to turn out the usual number of weapons, DPMS's extended product line and introduction of Remington rifles shows a marked transition.
In stores, shows, and web-based auction sites, I've noted a dramatic decrease in the availability of DPMS receivers and a boost in the number of lower parts kits offered by the "Panther" brand.
Indeed-- if anything, Cerberus has engendered product incest-- for example, besides the Cobb 50/Bushmaster bastard child, there's now a series of M24 mockup bolt action rifles built off Rem700 actions.
DPMS meanwhile is more involved in their wildcat projects-- AR's chambered in .204 Ruger, .260, .243, .338, .300saum and 6mm conversions--as afforded by Bushmaster's ties to Hornady.
And Marlin, for the first time in ages, has brought a centerfire bolt action to the party, which after handling one at a gunshow, seemed a cheap combination of the S&W I-Bolt and the Savage 110.

Cerberus ain't holding out on the ACR for any election-- they're just playing shuffleboard with their holdings and at the same time, shuffling their feet. The changes to the Cobb50 for example shows me, at least, that their trying to find ways around copyrighting. They want to preserve the integrity of their original patent holdings, while allowing their other companies to manufacture the same kind of goods.
What's better than putting money from one pocket to another? Not "spending" the money.
We take the removeable mag well from the cobb and make a fixed well for the 50. We take the revamped gas system and make it retrograde (thus able to be installed on blowback ARs) or compensate for heavier calibers when it comes to the DPMS hunting rifles.

I go back to my earlier prediction: Cerberus snatches up individual corps to produce parts for their main product line and then intermingle at reduced costs for the sake of jacking up the market. I'd say it was the same as Colt during the 90's before Keys took over Colt Defense before the new millenium-- the only difference is the fact that Colt only owned Colt, and we were dealing with a single entity: a body without a stable head.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell

Last edited by Armorer : 09-28-2008 at 12:25 PM.