This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-29-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Exclamation "New" Steyr AUG

THIS is what appears on the homepage of Steyr Arms Inc., the US-based branch of the Austrian factory. Wonder when will it come out and how will it be. One thing is certain: Steyr must be pissed off at seeing the US-market secluded to it (due to the permanent 1989 import ban) and "overrun" by high-quality AUG clones made by MSAR and TPD-USA, so they decided to establish a local manufacturing facility. Wonder how this "Steyr Made In USA" will be. Here in Europe, we have never stopped having Steyr-built civilian AUGs, and I have to tell you, the quality of those guns have sharply dropped since a few years. I sincerely don't know how this will perform in comparaison of the improved MSAR STG-556, or even against the TPD AXR, which is more akin to the original AUG except for the less-than-negligible fact that the AXR accepts STANAG magazines.

I also notice that the "new" AUG is full of "evil features". I suppose they'll keep it on hold until the elections. Depending on how them end up, the next SHOT Show will make us all feel like kiddies in a candy store... or like mourners at a funeral.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack