This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 11-18-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default I bet it was set to "Vibrate"

Another Muslim genius.

What was this guy thinking, Tyler?

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.

Last edited by Bacon Guy : 11-18-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2006
Super Moderator

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/014091.php

For hundreds of years we Hebrews went without being able to eat any meat because we cannot eat food that has been sacrificed before idols.

Looks like everything old is new again.

Lucky for me I now have the means to hunt and kill my own meat.

Last edited by UZI4U : 11-18-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2006

Default whoops...

I had the wrong link in there...

This one is teh funnay.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 11-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/014091.php

For hundreds of years we Hebrews went without being able to eat any meat because we cannot eat food that has been sacrificed before idols.

Looks like everything old is new again.

Lucky for me I now have the means to hunt and kill my own meat.

So, what's the deal? Here in Italy, about 1/3 the chicken sold in the great distribution chains (supermarkets) is butchered under the "Halal" rules, because otherwise the Muslim citizens could not eat it, and it would be an anti-constitutional inequality. And NOBODY, I mean NOBODY, nor the Christian extremists of the "Opus Dei" and "Comunione e Liberazione", nor the Jewish communities, have ANYTHING to complain about. They buy and eat it. And those who are said: "Hey, that chicken is Halal butchered", mostly reply: "And then?".

Oh, and just in case you are wondering: here in Italy, you KNOW when you are buying a product that is Halal slaughtered, because it has it written on the label in block red letters. I eat Halal-slaughtered chicken when I have the occasion to, and I find it much more low-fat and digestible than others.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 11-19-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
So, what's the deal?

From the article:

Quote:
Halal meat is from animals that have been killed facing Mecca and blessed using the name of Allah.

Sh'mot 34:15:

Quote:
Do not make a covenant with the people living in the land. It will cause you to go astray, and follow after their gods and sacrifice to their gods and eat of their food sacrificed to idols,

Yechezk'el 33:25:

Quote:
“Therefore, tell them that Adonai Elohim says, 'You eat meat with the blood, you raise your eyes to idols, and you shed blood --- and you still expect to possess the land?'

End of debate.
Old 11-19-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

PT, you understand somewhere between zilch and jack shit about any religion.

Mecca is prayed towards, and under many interpretations of Judeo-Christian scriptures can very easily be considered an idol. Eating meat sacrificed to idols is proscribed, regardless of whatever deity is involved.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.

Last edited by JCoyote : 11-19-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2006

Default someone do me a favor

And quote this, so that moron can see it.

Halal meat isn't "lower-fat", or "more digestible" than anything else. The meat is exactly the same- the only difference being that it is slaughtered differently.

The problem with not telling people (as the McDs in Australia is only barely doing) is that Jews can't eat it. It's like telling someone they're eating vegetarian food, when it contains animal product.

WTF is an "anti-constitutional inequality"? Your laws mandate that corporations provide Muslims with halal meat? What's wrong with letting them start their own butchery operations instead?

Old 11-19-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Guy
Halal meat isn't "lower-fat", or "more digestible" than anything else. The meat is exactly the same- the only difference being that it is slaughtered differently.

The problem with not telling people (as the McDs in Australia is only barely doing) is that Jews can't eat it. It's like telling someone they're eating vegetarian food, when it contains animal product.

WTF is an "anti-constitutional inequality"? Your laws mandate that corporations provide Muslims with halal meat? What's wrong with letting them start their own butchery operations instead?

What he said.
Old 11-20-2006

Default Well...

As for the religious prescriptions, I can't debate. You know what I think about religion. Besides, if the Jews can't heat "Halal" meat, they can buy other stuff. There is plenty.

The "Halal" meat is much more low-fat and digestible than others because it is deprivated of ALL blood during the butchering.

As for the matter of incostitutionality: it's not like the Corporations have to slaughter their animals under "Halal" rules. Some do, for a small part of their products, and some not; Corporations want people's money, it would be stupid for them to make stuff that a part of the population will not buy.
The inequality sanctioned by the Constitution is that, if there was NO meat butchered under the "Halal" rules, Muslims could not eat any. And THIS is the inequality: you are deprivating them of their right to FEED.
Besides, most of the "Halal" butchered meat that you find -IS- slaughtered by cooperatives held by Muslims. Only a small part is made by big Italian corporations like ARENA or AIA.
My point is that here in Italy you can find "Halal" butchered meat in most of big supermarkets (okay, maybe not in small cities like mine but in the big cities you will, and even here there is at least one that sells it). And NOBODY has to complain about. Orthodox (integrist) Jews, Christians, and others that cosider the "Halal" meat as butchered "in front of an idol" can buy plenty of different meat.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 11-20-2006 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-20-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
The "Halal" meat is much more low-fat and digestible than others because it is deprivated of ALL blood during the butchering.

Pretty much all meat slaughtered in the western world is completely drained of blood. The Jews came up with this and the Christians copied it.

So no, the Halal meat is no different from anything else you can find.

Unless Italian butchers have no clue how the civilized world slaughters meat.