This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-17-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Question Request

Can anybody tell me about the SOS-Viking & SAS Mk5 & Mk 6 shotguns from UK? Any pics, or specifications?
Old 08-18-2006

About the Viking Arms SOS-12 you can find further informations here by me. The picture is poor, sorry, but it seems to be the only one available on the net (it's just an outline drawing, not exactly a picture). Their manufacturer (Viking Arms Ltd.) still exists, I have contacted them some time ago, but they only told me that the weapon was out of production. I have not tried, at the time (two or three years from now, I think) to ask them if they could send me anything like pictures or company literature which they might have left somewhere. Every time I E-Mail a company asking them "help", I never receive answer; ROGER, on the other hand, seems very good in obtaining help from gun manufacturers. May ROGER ask them?

As for the British Mk-5 and Mk-6 shotguns, I only know that them exist. It makes a long time now since I have given up looking for informations, on the net you will only find confused traces of their existence.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-18-2006

Thx for the info on the SOS, and yeah they really are a mystery arent they? They are supposedly made at Birmingham small arms (BSA) factory...
The SAS prefix is kind of uncertain and could have been added after allegedly used by SAS - special forces.