This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 11-02-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Oh for the love of god

/I/ find it hard to believe anyone is surprised enough to be angry at this. I'd like you to open a few history books and look back a few THOUSAND years, and count how many instances tactics like these were used.

Why were they used? They're effective. Us 'modern civilized man' (specifically the leftist kind) just can't accept that because the 'good guys' have to do things the hard way just for the sake of doing things the hard way. Because the 'easy way' is the 'bad guy' tactic.

Let me tell you what the presence of mercs in Iraq means to me.

It means that there's hope that things are actually getting done. I'd like to say that I don't think we're using ENOUGH of these 'underhanded tactics', but that's not really true (after all, I think that a lot of this 'sectarian violence' that we hear about has been engineered).

What I'd really like to know, is why SHOULDN'T we be using these tactics? At least when I think it through /calmly/, I can't come up with any thoughts on it other than they're some of the most effective moves that we could make at this time.

The only way I can even muster a thought in protest is literally by thinking of 80's/early 90's kids shows and cartoons that go on and on about how 'good guys act like this' and 'bad guys act like that'... blah blah blah.
Old 11-02-2007

Exclamation I have no doubt that they "get things done".

And I am not exactly thinking in the "Good guys' way Vs. Bad guys' way". Fact is that the #1 (if not the only left) World Superpower which proclaims itself as the "Land Of Free" and as the "Defensors of Freedom" should think twice before acting in the very same way of the dictators that they say they want to fight.

But above all, remember, and that's the principle: we are talking about a war that should have have been.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 11-02-2007

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: Dolphin, you're just giving me confirmation of my belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
The Blackwater mob is there to do the "Dirty Jobs" for the US Government; the same kind of job that they won't ask the soldiers to do so that they don't risk attacks in reprisal.

Thy have exported their weaponries from the U.S. with "silent assence" from the U.S. Department of State, but with no official paperwork. Their weaponry has arrived in Iraq and has passed the controls unobserved. This is an advantage for whoever pays them millions of dollars to have their services: DENIABILITY. Should the U.S. DoS openly release them the paperworks to import those guns to Iraq, any idiot leading an Investigation Commission could link them to the US Government.

I just wonder, if the U.S. can throw so much people, armaments, and money in Iraq, what do they need the Blackwater people for?

Again: dirty jobs, and deniability.

And when people go to jail, they figure "oh well, they're just mercenaries."

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 11-02-2007

Default Let me just say

Blackwater is doing shit that just about anyone here would find Objectionable
and Im not talking about killing insurgent assholes.Or assassinateing Mullah fuckheads I'm cool with all of that.I won't go into any further I know when to keep my mouth shut..
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-02-2007

Default You said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
And when people go to jail, they figure "oh well, they're just mercenaries."

That's it. When the scandal breaks out, they are sent home, given partial immunity in exchange of some "testify" that will not put anybody really important in trouble, they will be accused with some farce charge, get a farce trial, sentenced to a handful of years in prison which they'll serve in some Club Med low-security penitentiary, they will absolutely refuse to whistle-blow, and when they get out of the jail, they find a nice cheque waiting for them as a prize.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 11-02-2007

Default Re: Blackwater's assassins get along with it.

Quote:
That's it. When the scandal breaks out, they are sent home, given partial immunity in exchange of some "testify" that will not put anybody really important in trouble, they will be accused with some farce charge, get a farce trial, sentenced to a handful of years in prison which they'll serve in some Club Med low-security penitentiary, they will absolutely refuse to whistle-blow, and when they get out of the jail, they find a nice cheque waiting for them as a prize.

And you say this why- because it's happened so many times already?

Give it up already, dickface.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 11-28-2007
Super Moderator

Default Re: Blackwater's assassins get along with it.

The limp-wristed Athenians said the same things about "Evil" mercenaries that worked for Sparta in the Peloponnesian War.

The Athenians lost that war.

Get over it.