This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 09-13-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Thumbs down MORE anti-gun shit from Oceania...

New Zealand is now going to review their gun laws, already stringent enough, after the killing of a Police officer with an air rifle (which requires no license in NZ, currently).

Fine, NZ cops don't serve armed, like UK ones, but thet both still wonder why they get killed on duty...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 09-22-2008

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote
Default Re: MORE anti-gun shit from Oceania...

"Some of those air guns are as powerful as a high-powered hunting rifle."

That's a gem. A very rare few air rifles are as powerful as a moderate handgun, and that's about as far as that goes. The hysterical exaggeration never changes does it?

I guess it would shock them that the electromagnetic gun I made for my 5th grade science project was "Almost as powerful as many air guns" and I brought it into a school. I had no idea as powerful as an airgun meant it was as powerful as a high-powered hunting rifle. I should have gone after some elk with my little needle thrower!

If it was a common airgun, then the death of the officer, regardless of intent on any party's part, was more a tragic accident than anything. Most of those .17 caliber airguns, you couldn't reliably kill someone with one if you were TRYING to AND a good shot.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.
Old 09-22-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: MORE anti-gun shit from Oceania...

I knew this was coming. My ex girlfrined is from NZ and shes always emailing me with the anti gun hysteria going on over there (she is pro gun by the way). A kid was killed with an air rifle in Cleveland a few years ago, there was no anti gun hysteria here. They just put the fucker away for murder. I've always been into air guns (particulary the so called "high powered" ones). They were my introduction into shooting. I've shot many makes and models, and at best I've only seen a select few that can even come CLOSE to a .22

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 09-23-2008

Default You're awaiting for Anti-gun mass hysteria?

See THIS and brace...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack