This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 07-04-2006

Default N. Korea luanching missiles left and right

I guess GWB is lacking sack once more..I thought the plan was to kill'em in flight? looks like they called our bluff..Im not very impressed with our response
Old 07-04-2006
Super Moderator

This is five hours old... Where you been?

Seven missiles so far, one has been a Taepo Dong-2, that's the long range missile we said we'd shoot down if they launched it... But wouldn't you know, that thar darned missile blewed itself up forty seconds after launch... What a shame *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*.

The other six have been SCUDs and No Dong missiles, which are no threat to us.

It's the TD-2 that we should have shot down. The others I don't care about... And since we blew the T... I mean since the TD-2 malfunctioned, that isn't an issue.

At this point all the NorKs have done is proven their missiles are crap, proven that they're crazy, and put up the most expensive 4th of July fireworks show in history. Kim Jong Il just wants attention and to be taken seriously, the best reaction at this point is just to point and laugh at their impotence.

Look, Kim Jong Il couldn't keep his Dong up for forty seconds!
Old 07-04-2006

Default Big deal

Everyone throws up a few bottle rockets this time of year. No reason why the little turd shouldn't do the same.
Old 07-06-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default The thing is....

No Dong Dill is a brinkman. He likes this little cold war we're currently wrapped up in. It makes him look important....(or impotant in my opinion.) He's the last Maoist/Stalanist of our age. As long as he's pushing buttons and causing trouble he's somebody.

When he chills out, sits back and behaves he's nothing more than another washed up, Marxist ghost of a dead age. Just like Castro.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 07-06-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Well... here's an issue. If it was failed on purpose by another party... nudge nudge wink wink whatever... why isn't there a lot of hoopla over that?

Which is more important? Is it better just leaving Kim Jong look like an inept fool? Or can we not commit to another war... where if we had to shoot down one of their missiles we would be in... but perhaps it's better to just leave them looking powerless than to prove an expensive and controversial system works? I'm not sure which way that goes.

On the other hand, nukes or no South Korea could roll over North Korea with hardly any help from outside. Given the state of the North, it's likely the most insurmountable problem would be keeping massive portions of the population from joining the South as soon as they were able. Like many strong arm nations, when it falls apart for Kim it will happen breathtakingly fast. I would put money on Kim finding himself left only with whatever city he was in, surrounded by South Korean, allied, Chinese, and seceding Northern forces... within 36 hours of war's start. As far as long term talks go right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kim was left out in the cold as China and South Korea discussed where to place their future border...

And really, how screwed up do you have to run a country for people to think letting China take over would be better?
Old 07-06-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Fuck it....

Let China have it. I would much rather see North Korea under PRC rule. At least then the masses would have some food.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008