This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-23-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Lightbulb Obama picks Biden as running mate.

So says the BBC.
Now, can anybody enlighten me 'bout who this guy Biden is? I am particularly interested in his positions about social issues (freedom of choice, abortion, gay marriage, etc.), and obviously about gun politics.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-24-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: Obama picks Biden as running mate.

He's a pussy, gun grabbing, liberal homo like Barak Obama Hussein Bin Laden.

Barak Obama

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-24-2008

Default Re: Obama picks Biden as running mate.

The quote is part of Biden's infamous answer to the "Townsend Question" during the 23 July 2007 Democrat debate in Charleston, SC. Look about 90% of the way down the transcript.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/us...ll&oref=slogin

Michelle Malkin tears the debate (and Biden in particular) a new asshole in her response to the Democrats' treatment of Townsend:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...IwYjhlNDU3MTk=

The relevant section of the debate:

QUESTION: Good evening, America. My name is Jered Townsend from Clio, Michigan.

To all the candidates, tell me your position on gun control, as myself and other Americans really want to know if our babies are safe.

This is my baby, purchased under the 1994 gun ban. Please tell me your views.

Thank you.

COOPER: Governor Richardson, you have one of the highest NRA ratings.

RICHARDSON: The issue here, I believe, is instant background checks.

RICHARDSON: Nobody who has a criminal background or is mentally ill should be able to get a weapon. That is the key, and that includes gun sales. That includes gun sales at gun shows.

The key is going to be also attacking poverty, bringing people together, dealing with those kids in the ghettos that are heavy users of gun violence and they are victims of gun violence, to make sure that this country attacks the core problems of poverty, having child care, bringing parents together.

COOPER: Senator Biden, are you going to be able to keep his baby safe?

BIDEN: Iíll tell you what, if that is his baby, he needs help.

(APPLAUSE)

I think he just made an admission against self-interest. I donít know that he is mentally qualified to own that gun. Iím being serious. Look, just like me, we go around talking about people who own guns. I am the guy who originally wrote the assault weapons ban, that became law, and then we got defeated and then Dianne Feinstein went to town on it and did a great job.

BIDEN: Look, we should be working with law enforcement, right now, to make sure that we protect people against people who donít -- are not capable of knowing what to do with a gun because theyíre either mentally imbalanced and/or because they have a criminal record, and...

COOPER: Time.

BIDEN: Anyway...

(APPLAUSE)

COOPER: We got one more question. Before...

BIDEN: ... I hope he doesnít come looking for me.

(LAUGHTER)
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."