Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
You can see a a preview here http://securityarms.com/home page.jpg
I like it. Cool...
Old 04-19-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta
Thumbs up Re: New HomePage

Thumbs up for the new HomePage! Nice design!
Old 04-19-2006

Cheating! All guy things! Where are the babes?
Old 04-19-2006
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

Can we have just a general discussion section for thing not related to firearms or politics?
And what's up with the html codes? My sig only shows up as a link.

Right now I'm gathering about twenty reviews from my msog cronies on paintball equipment like the SIM-4 and scepter m4000. Plus whatever pics i have on my harddrive and info on my toys.
While i'm the new guy on the forum, I have followed SA since I found on the web some years ago. This whole make over is great-- will be able to recieve notifications on updates to the galleries?

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 04-19-2006

Default Nice.

I am usually -NOT- for extremely complicated ("heavy") webpages, I think that an Internet website should be as "light" as possible to make things easier even for those who have a slower Internet connection... but in this case... WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK? Hehe...

No, really, I am getting used to the new forum format. I feel already like I'm home...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 04-19-2006
Administrator

Default We aim to please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorer
Can we have just a general discussion section for thing not related to firearms or politics?
And what's up with the html codes? My sig only shows up as a link.

Right now I'm gathering about twenty reviews from my msog cronies on paintball equipment like the SIM-4 and scepter m4000. Plus whatever pics i have on my harddrive and info on my toys.
While i'm the new guy on the forum, I have followed SA since I found on the web some years ago. This whole make over is great-- will be able to recieve notifications on updates to the galleries?

1. Okay...General discussion about anything not related to anything coming right up. You want to be the moderator and care taker for that?

2. HTML coding is not allowed at this time. Why not? Well........ummmmm just because.

3. Send me all your reviews and we will get them to the right place. Do you think a separate paintball section is warranted?
Old 04-19-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
I am usually -NOT- for extremely complicated ("heavy") webpages, I think that an Internet website should be as "light" as possible to make things easier even for those who have a slower Internet connection... but in this case... WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK? Hehe...

No, really, I am getting used to the new forum format. I feel already like I'm home...

This is a photo web site so it's pretty hard on those with the dialup and 1200 baud modems. Not much we can do about that.
Old 04-19-2006
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
1. Okay...General discussion about anything not related to anything coming right up. You want to be the moderator and care taker for that?

2. HTML coding is not allowed at this time. Why not? Well........ummmmm just because.

3. Send me all your reviews and we will get them to the right place. Do you think a separate paintball section is warranted?

1) I'd love to-- if nothing else it gives me a chance to practice my tire-iron swing.

2) If it's a matter of enabling, I can have someone help you with all the forum codes. Stuff like forum skins, image linking/hosting, etc.
To be honest TJ-- we know you're busy with stuff besides the site...but we're gonna need backups frequently to prevent us being hacked/exploited and losing anything.

3) Maybe for pictures and reviews, but i don't know about the forum. I think I maybe the only person really into it at this time-- Just to keep things from being clutered we could include it with just making the "swimming" section
just sports in general.

I'll be glad to help any way chief-- especially that botch with the TRP sale (I'm still sorry about that). Hell, if I could I'd have you move the site to one of the servers over on DSG. with five 5000X servers we could set up a forum, gallery index, and even host videos/photos and not even touch the bandwidth.
Honestly, I know shit of action scripting much less code-- but i've got tons of resources at my disposal.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell