This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-18-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default TOZ website.

This just to signal to you all who might be interested that TOZ - TulaMash of Russia has an up-and-working website once again: http://www.tulatoz.ru/
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-18-2006

Question about the TOZ FP

single shot .22LR TOZ free pistol

I couldn't find it in this site
Do you know any short way on that or another site where to get some infos about it?

tks
../ct
... .. -. -.-
Old 08-18-2006

If you mean the model 35, just try "TOZ 35" on Google.
Old 08-18-2006

Default TOZ-35 pistol.

Man, sincerely, I don't think they are still making it. When TOZ had the old website, it was still there; now no longer, so I can only assume that they dropped it from production. Which is NOT an idiocy if you think; if you want a great Russian .22 "olympic specialty" pistol, BAIKAL is still making the "Margolin" MCM.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Man, sincerely, I don't think they are still making it. When TOZ had the old website, it was still there; now no longer, so I can only assume that they dropped it from production. Which is NOT an idiocy if you think; if you want a great Russian .22 "olympic specialty" pistol, BAIKAL is still making the "Margolin" MCM.
An MCM is not exactly meant for the same purpose : the "free pistol" shooting is done with one-shot .22 LR pistols @ 50 meters.

Very specific.
Old 08-18-2006

Cool

I found a picture of a belt feed TOZ-106 and the guy says that it work...

http://www.tulatoz.ru/en/toz106.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOZ-106 par bande 12gauge.jpg (74.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-18-2006

Default I imagine it is a custom work.

The TOZ-106 survival shotgun is a bolt-action. Such a weapon should first of all have a cut on the other side to make the feeding belt slide away when a shot is fired and a new one shambered.
First: how much modification did it underwent? And is it safe? I don't think so. What they did probably was to turn it in a DA stryker-fired weapon with no gas system. When a shot is fired, the gas generated by the shot forces the bolt back to make space for a new one. Shouldn't this create serious issues of safety due to overpressures?
Second: that belt is surely non-disintegrating. This means that the fired shot isnt' expelled but remains slid into its belt space when the belt goes out of the weapon. This needs some sort of mechanism, or at least an operator, on the other side to pull the ammo belt to make the empty shot go out and the new one go in. It's dangerous as well.
Last but not least: is it legal?

I wouldn't want to get my hands over one. If they'd make a SEMI-AUTO TOZ-106, okay. But custom-converted to semi-auto beltfed in THAT way...

Old 08-18-2006

It was on a Russian forum and I don' t know more...
Old 08-18-2006

TOZ-106 shotgun with underfolded stock.

Old 08-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
The TOZ-106 survival shotgun is a bolt-action. Such a weapon should first of all have a cut on the other side to make the feeding belt slide away when a shot is fired and a new one shambered.
First: how much modification did it underwent? And is it safe? I don't think so. What they did probably was to turn it in a DA stryker-fired weapon with no gas system. When a shot is fired, the gas generated by the shot forces the bolt back to make space for a new one. Shouldn't this create serious issues of safety due to overpressures?
Second: that belt is surely non-disintegrating. This means that the fired shot isnt' expelled but remains slid into its belt space when the belt goes out of the weapon. This needs some sort of mechanism, or at least an operator, on the other side to pull the ammo belt to make the empty shot go out and the new one go in. It's dangerous as well.
Last but not least: is it legal?

I wouldn't want to get my hands over one. If they'd make a SEMI-AUTO TOZ-106, okay. But custom-converted to semi-auto beltfed in THAT way...
From what I understand looking at Roger's pic, the belt is made of some kind of elastic band which exits right through the magazine well.

The breech seems to pass inside the "sleeve" made by the band and the spent case must be withdrawn back through it too, to be ejected.

Kind of awkward, but if elasticity is right... why not ?

Mmmmh, thinking a little deeper, one problem remains : how do you make the belt move sideways ? By hand, I suppose...

I guess legality is not an issue here but I just wouldn't rely on such a thing for anything but fun.