This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 09-22-2010
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Side note on my last trivia...

I am trying hard to enrich my collection of inert ordnance with a sample, either a real inert or a replica, of the Italian TECNOVAR TS/50 antipersonnel landmine... here is what I am talking about:

Whoever can give me a hand, please step forward and make me an offer!

BTW, I saw an inert replica on sale HERE and HERE, but I don't know if they would sell to mE (they wouldn't answer my mails). If anybody from the U.S. can help, I can send down the money so that they would purchase and re-ship...=
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 09-22-2010

Default Re: Side note on my last trivia...

Bad news from that site: "Our Products are restricted to official use only and are NOT available to the general public."

Totally long shot, and I might be speaking out my ass, but you could try contacting zelenysport.cz - they seem to mostly deal in Czech and Soviet/Russian stuff, but maybe they might have some leads on getting what you seek.
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthulhu
Bad news from that site: "Our Products are restricted to official use only and are NOT available to the general public."

But I am no general public... I am a qualified journalist from a defense magazine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthulhu
Totally long shot, and I might be speaking out my ass, but you could try contacting zelenysport.cz - they seem to mostly deal in Czech and Soviet/Russian stuff, but maybe they might have some leads on getting what you seek.

Okay, thanks... any other suggestions?
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 09-23-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2010

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

Yeah, I've played the "I'm in the military, I need it for a training aid card" a couple of times now

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008