This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 02-15-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
I'm suprised they haven't surrounded the zone with an entire army, or two, of real-deal Russian troops.

Exactly. This is why any truly successful harvest would need some level of complicity from the Ukrainian government at least. It's no big deal... they can spin it like letting you and your researchers in there mean they are responsible for doing something about it. They pay nothing upfront, get a cut on developments, and you get free access with anything you can bring into the zone. Who cares if some governments claim the glory? As long as you get most of the profit...

Given the financial shape of both governments, private parties almost certainly would do most of the legwork here.

To mk23, I'm pretty sure you'd be MORE likely to get in as a private group with Ukrainian or Russian permission than as a representative of an outside government. Having a private group working under their authority looks like they are in charge of things even if they aren't controlling it. The last thing they want is another government's people on their ground, it makes them look weak.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.

Last edited by JCoyote : 02-15-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2007

Default Well... the outside employers would pay us a lot more.

Especially since Russia and Ukraine just send in their military troops, give them standard hazard pay and have them lug back artifacts without telling them what the hell they really are.
Old 02-20-2007

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Ok I'll use my standard tactical setup.

XCR - custom 6.5 Grendel 16" barrel, 7.62x39 conversion kit along, Shepherd scope for 6.5, nice bright tactical light, small bipod, and a foregrip I won't go further into (yet). And a set of flip up sites.

Tanfoglio CarryComp - 10mm Auto, in tactical holster on right thigh.

Charles Daly Model 106 - 12 gauge O/U shotgun, cut down to 8" barrels and pistol grip, in crossdraw on left thigh. Supply of buckshot, some slugs, breeching rounds, dragonbreath, etc. It's more a "launcher" than a fighting weapon, but handy in a pinch.

Coustille - A small double edged sword with a 17" blade. Placed on back, grip over right shoulder.

Body armor... Something light, with a titanium trauma plate.

That's most of it. But that's for most any generalized combat zone I'd go into.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.