This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 02-27-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Yeah I think I'll chime in on that.

New ideas are good. This idea does have some potential, BUT... I think the word "Perfect" is what sets some of us off. Confidence is a virtue, overconfidence is something else altogether...

Anyway, I don't think the idea should be scrapped, but I do think it will take a couple more generations of development before something truly useful and advantageous comes out of it.

Two ideas to help... one is it needs some form of catch to allow the bolt to be worked by the off hand in case of a misfeed or stovepipe. Second, would be to create a form of "motorized assistance" on the mechanism. Something that, as you pull the trigger, a small electric motor kicks in to unload the trigger finger for most (but NOT all) of the pull. In this way, you could build an electrically assisted weapon that cannot be converted to full auto. But, because it would be an assisting motor, failure of the motor or its battery would not prevent function; it would continue working, just with a harder trigger pull. Now we're getting to a nice compromise between slick performance and utter reliability.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.
Old 02-27-2007

Default Bravo 5-Perfect hand gun

Dear "PT",

I am poor men.
Unfortunately in my country I didnt have oportunity and condition to make my prototype to be better,although I find all kind of material it works.
That was only way to approve my ideas!

Regards,
Zoran
Old 02-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran
Dear "PT",

I am poor men.
Unfortunately in my country I didnt have oportunity and condition to make my prototype to be better,although I find all kind of material it works.
That was only way to approve my ideas!

Regards,
Zoran

Have you tried to propose your idea to any major gun maker in the region? There are several: ZASTAVA ORUZJE D.P. (Serbia), HS-PRODUKT D.O.O. (Croatia), ARMA-GRUPA D.O.O. (Croatia), ORBIS Sl. D.O.O. (Slovenia), ALPIMEX Sl. D.O.O. (Slovenia), just to name a few.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 02-28-2007

Plenty of gunmakers out there really. Plenty of small shops in the U.S. looking to do something different too. However, most of those aren't what you'd call rolling in the cash. And honestly, I think your idea is going to need another generation or two worth of development before it'll be a moneymaker.

Old 02-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
Plenty of gunmakers out there really. Plenty of small shops in the U.S. looking to do something different too. However, most of those aren't what you'd call rolling in the cash. And honestly, I think your idea is going to need another generation or two worth of development before it'll be a moneymaker.

Mr. Zoran is Yugoslavian and living there, AFAIK. There is no "plenty of gunmakers out there really", in that area, unless you call "Gunmakers" those "unofficial" machiningwork shops that manufactured clandestine sub-machineguns such as the SOKACZ, the ZAGI M91 and the PLETER M-91 during the Civil war. On the other hand, I gave him the names for the best firearm-making industries in the area.

Personally, I also feel that the design of the BRAVO-5 "as it is" may have poor or no future: simply, too long, too extended, out of the canons of modern firearms. Sure, Mr. Bezanovic might try, in the future, to achieve a Gunmaker's License, acquire machineries, and set up a small manufacturing shop for custom orders of the "BRAVO 5". In that form, it would be good for target shooters (the single-handed slide-cycling capabilities might help them in easier dealing with jammings during a match), but I dount that it'd have other uses. On the other hand, licensing the design to a major manufacture might actually lead to the implementation of the working system of Mr. Bezanovic's invention into firearms of more modern design.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 02-28-2007

Default Perfect hand gun-Bravo 5

Thank you.My life dream was for Bravo 5 to be manufactured in Italy or Germany.
Regards,
Zoran
Old 02-28-2007

Quote:
Thank you.My life dream was for Bravo 5 to be manufactured in Italy or Germany.
Regards,
Zoran

Well, it's a good idea. Maybe the biggest manufacturers in Germany or Italy (Heckler&Koch, Tandoglio, Beretta, Walther) might be a bit skeptic about it (even because, hey, I have an idea of what an engineer for such a big gunmaking firm is, and let me tell you, they theink they are already at the top)... and, as I repeat, the "Bravo-5" as it is its too "out-dated" in it aesthetics for be of any attractive on the market.

Its system, on the other hand, if good, might be usable on firearms of more "appealing" look.

Not to mention that in both Italy and Germany there are small gunmaking firms (like, to say, QS Progetto Meccanica, Modulo Masterpiece, Korriphila, Korth, etc.) that might be interested in building the "Bravo-5" as it is under custom order. Okay, maybe the line isn't exactly the maximum for the "professionals" and those who carry concealed guns, and most probably the threaded barrel to accept sound suppressors shall be eliminated (since silencers are forbidden for civilians in both Italy and Germany). But I still say that even the current layout of the "Bravo 5" might appeal practical shooters and target shooters. Add a top rail for optics over the barrel, and prolly the most is done for IPSC... and for target shooting, just make custom, ergonomic wooden grips.

Old 02-28-2007

Default Perfect hand gun-Bravo 5

In srial manufactured everything is possible.
I think that every world policeman,women,security man or bodyguard would like to have hand gun like this!
Regards,
Zoran
Old 02-28-2007

Which way does the cartridge eject? I've had an issue with the ejection system bothering me about this.

Old 02-28-2007

Quote:
In srial manufactured everything is possible.
I think that every world policeman,women,security man or bodyguard would like to have hand gun like this!
Regards,
Zoran

Listen, Mr. Bezanovic, I am not saying anything about the system... I am talking about the GENERAL LAYOUT, do you understand? The EXTERNAL DESIGN.

And the fact remains that the external design is outdated in comparaison with the trends and the needs of the current market. The "Bravo 5" in the current conception is simply too long.
I still say that it could be viable in the form it is now as a sporting gun; for "Professional" use, well, you'd better find a way to make the system fit in a pistol of more modern conception.

BTW, remember: the market already has its share of pistols with single-handed slide-cycling capability. The reason why them don't sell is that the single-handed slide-cycling capability requires a very VERY strong finger pull, which the average user doesn't has, but that even the most experienced and trained soldier might like. If you want it to be viable, well, then the pull must be VERY VERY LIGHT; as light as, to say, the weight of a DA trigger. Can you achieve this? I really really wish you so. I hope to eb there as a press representative when you'll introduce the final model of the "Bravo 5" to the market!