This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 03-02-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
Those mountaintops in Italy are gonna get crowded aren't they?

We'll be busy keeping away foreigners at gunshots.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 03-03-2007
Super Moderator

Water vapor accounts for over 95% of the greenhouse gas effect on Earth. Other natural greenhouse gasses make up most of the rest. All the greenhouse gasses put out by humans make up about 0.28% of the Earth's total greenhouse gas effect.

We'd better do somehting about those oceans before they kill us all.
Old 03-03-2007

You think you're smart, UZI, don't you?

Tell it to my (according to my physician) pollution-caused allergic asthma episodes.

Sucka.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 03-03-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
You think you're smart, UZI, don't you?

Not to a level worthy of note.

Quote:
Tell it to my (according to my physician) pollution-caused allergic asthma episodes.

Are we talking about global warming, or are we talking about pollution? Those are very different things. CO2 gas isn't a cause of asthma. Dust and other solid air contents (i.e. pollution) can be.

And on the subject: http://newsbusters.org/node/11122

So, if global warming is manmade, why are other planets that have no human population also warming?

Last edited by UZI4U : 03-03-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
Are we talking about global warming, or are we talking about pollution? Those are very different things. CO2 gas isn't a cause of asthma. Dust and other solid air contents (i.e. pollution) can be.

Pollution -IS- cause of global warming. There is no difference between CO2 emissions and pollution. CO2 emissions -ARE- part of the global effect called "pollution". Which is not, mind, the white thing that comes out of your dick when you jerk off. It's something bigger (think global).

Quote:
So, if global warming is manmade, why are other planets that have no human population also warming?

Damn conservatives. Blast you all. What about giving up the mask that your national politic is using to arrogate to your Country the right to do whatever it wants not only to the world geo-politics but also to the climate?

Yeah, yeah, I know. You own this planet, we pay the bill and shut up. Well, then 9/11/2001 must have been when some tenants came knocking on your door just to tell that, as landlords, you really suck. Right?

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 03-03-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2007

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

What did that have to do with anything PT?

How was that a response to his claim other planets are warming to a similar degree as well?

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.
Old 03-03-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Pollution -IS- cause of global warming. There is no difference between CO2 emissions and pollution.

Incorrect. CO2 gas naturally occurs in the atmosphere. A pollutant would be something that doesn't.

We humans are simply adding more of a natural atmo gas. If this is a good thing or not can be debated, but the simple fact is CO2 is not pollution. Airborn sulfer and N2O are pollutants.

Quote:
Damn conservatives. Blast you all. What about giving up the mask that your national politic is using to arrogate to your Country the right to do whatever it wants not only to the world geo-politics but also to the climate?

If it came down to Global Warming being caused by the United States, I'd openly and without doubt support us putting this planet on the Broil setting.

But that's the thing: Manmade global warming is a complete myth.

Why would I lie about that? I actually don't care either way. Even if it was real, it would make no difference to me, other than the fact that it not being real gives me one more method to make leftists look silly.

And speaking of blind nationalism... Odd that China is the worlds second biggest CO2 producer, and the worlds worst polluter, and yet you have no complaint against them.

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, I know. You own this planet, we pay the bill and shut up. Well, then 9/11/2001 must have been when some tenants came knocking on your door just to tell that, as landlords, you really suck. Right?

And like most landlords, when one of our tenants comes into our home and starts beating our children, we grab the shotgun and start blasting holes in their guts until their assume the same thermal state as the ambient air.

Don't make the same mistake they did.
Old 03-04-2007

Quote:
And speaking of blind nationalism... Odd that China is the worlds second biggest CO2 producer, and the worlds worst polluter, and yet you have no complaint against them.

WRONGO. The goode ole U.S. of A. are first in both. About 45% of the ENTIRE WORLD POLLUTION comes from the US alone.

Old 03-04-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
WRONGO. The goode ole U.S. of A. are first in both.

Incorrect, China is the worlds worst polluter. Seven of the worlds ten worst polluted cities are in China. Acid rain falls on 30% of the country. Ninety percent of its urban water bodies are severely polluted. 410,000 Chinese die as a result of pollution each year. Bejing is almost always coated in a layer of smog so thick that the city can no longer be seen on satellite photos. China is the biggest producer of Sulfur Dioxide pollution and soot in the world.

Quote:
About 45% of the ENTIRE WORLD POLLUTION comes from the US alone.

Again, are we talking about pollution, or CO2 emissions?

The United States only produces 23% of the worlds CO2 emissions. China currently produces 14% and is growing rapidly, and will probably produce more CO2 than the US in 15 years. Europe produces 16% and the former USSR produces 9%.

Of pollution, the United States is hardly the worst polluter. As mentioned, China is the worlds biggest producer of Sulfur Dioxide, which is considered to be one of the primary, if not the primary air pollutant.

Here is a nice satellite photo that shows air pollution for the entire world:

As already mentioned, and now shown, China is the worst polluter. The United States is second. Northern Germany/France is the third largest hotspot... Followed by Italy.

Of course, how dare I use science to refute the religion of "America is at fault for everything" environmentalism.

Last edited by UZI4U : 03-04-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2007

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Oh I get it now... the US has the most technologically advanced pollution. Obviously, those other planets are warming because any pollutants produced by the US are special and can leave earth's orbit and are causing a greenhouse effect on other planets too! We're so terrible we're hurting the environment of the whole solar system now...

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.