This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 05-08-2006

Default the good guys scored!

"So I'm rolling through Lawrence up by KU and I see this atrocity in someones front yard. Fuck that. I went back to the office, grabbed a getaway driver, then went and snatched this flag right from their yard. Luckily I was not tailed by a large group of militant hippies. This is bullshit. I understand freedom of speech but you don't do that to MY flag."

Old 05-08-2006
Super Moderator

That flag will have to be put out of its misery.
Old 05-08-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

That just feeds self-righteousness. And it's also theft.

Now, I'm no advocate of the actions described in the parent post, and view it as hypocrisy and all that - BUT THAT'S ANOTHER THREAD.

Why stop at just stealing the flag? Wash it, bleach out the white areas until they're shiny white, and then put the flag back up with a note stating that you support their message and wanted their flag to be shiny and bright so that it would attract attention - but you had a little bleach accident .

MIND GAMES.
Old 05-09-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta
Default It's about honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Typical. Repugs will do anything to prevent the truth from coming out. Although, it doesn't seem to be working. American are slow, but we're catching on.

It's not about preventing "truth". It's about disgracing Our Flag. Every time Old Glory is dishonored, every man or woman that has shed blood for that flag is dishonored. Yeh, I know, the DemoRats are quick to say they support our troops and all those that have served in the military but, the "truth" is, they will do anything to twist and pervert the "truth" to suit their own desires and disigns on power. And, that includes dishonoring our Flag in such a disgraceful manner as we see in the above picture.
SHAME on any so-called American that would spit in the face of the brave young men and women that have bled and died under and for that Flag! And Shame on any American that would turn a blind eye to such perversion! and do nothing about it.
Old 05-09-2006

Would you say that the same applies to US flags and US flag designs on vehicles and clothing, then?

Flags on vehicles can get dirty and tattered pretty easily. Flag stickers can warp and peel due to weather exposure. Painted flag designs can be rusted out and flaked off due to the same.

Flag designs on clothing are even worse - they are susceptible to food stains, dirt, sweat and human grime, tattering and other acts, intentional or not, of disrespect.

All of it, I'm pretty sure, violates flag protocol and decorum. Got some outrage over that?
Old 05-09-2006

Kthulu, You forgot about using the Flag for monotary gain and business promotion. Also, you forgot to ask about flying the colors at night unlighted.
Are you saying that what those people did to that flag in the above picture was ok?
Old 05-09-2006

To put it bluntly: Yes. It doesn't bother me, because I put my faith in the ideals the flag represents, not in the flag itself. One of those ideals, naturally, is the right to free speech and the protection of all opinion. The flag has no intrinsic value to it, outside of its aesthetics and the cost of materials and labor. What the flag is supposed to stand for is what makes it truly valuable.

It's your flag, it's my flag, it is everyone's flag - and we can all see fit to do with it as we please, because this is America, damn it, and we don't have to march in lockstep like Nazis. Our Constitution guarantees this to us, and the flag pales in importance compared to that particular piece of hempcloth.

Hence, I'm not bothered by the flag being "defiled" in that fashion. It's protest and opinion in the grandest American fashion, and it isn't hurting me. Stealing it, though, is just immature thuggery and is totally un-American and Third World behavior. It's also totally non-macho, because a real man would be able to ignore that.
Old 05-09-2006

Yes, the Flag is just a piece of cloth, much as the Constitution is just a piece of paper and ink. But, The Flag is the Symbol of our Nation. It is a symbol that represents those "ideals" of which you spoke. The Flag is a Symbol of those rights and freedoms of which you spoke. And to trample upon that Physical Symbol (the Flag) is the same as trampling on those rights of which you wrote. To trample on the flag is the same as trampling on the pride of a Great nation (and regardless of what the liberal media wants us to believe, this nation is still the greatest and most desired nation in the world.) To trample on that Symbol of our Freedoms is the same as saying, "I don't care about your freedoms and rights or those that have died defending those rights and freedoms." To despoil that Symbol, that piece of cloth, is the same as slapping a man in an American Military Uniform and then telling him that you have the right to do so simply because you too are an American.
Yes, you have the right to voice your opinion, and, yes, even to buy a Flag and display it as you want,(& don't forget why and how you have that right) but, don't you DARE call those of us that respect that Symbol enough to defend it, "locksteping Nazis." The Swastika (Symbol) of those Nazis was almost an exact opposite of what the Stars and Bars represent. No comparison.
As for the man that took that flag down (in the above picture); in my opinion, he was just rescuing it from a shameful display.
Old 05-09-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Typical. Repugs

What proof do you have that the soldier above mentioned is a Republican???

Why do you imagine that everything possibly done wrong on this planet is done by Republicans?

You remind me of those arabs who shoot AK-47s in the air and scream 'JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!' anytime it rains.

Quote:
will do anything to prevent the truth from coming out.

Funny, considering you ignore every bit of proof I show you of Saddams WMD program. Put your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALALALALALA!" and maybe it will go away.

Quote:
Although, it doesn't seem to be working. American are slow,

You'll so gladly put your own people down. I love how you leftards think the American people are weak and stupid and must be lead by the hand.
Old 05-10-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
I didn't ignore your (Fox New's) WMD claims.

It didn't just come from Fox News, I also have articles on Saddams WMDs from MSNBC, World Net Daily, the BBC, the New York Times and even the UN itself.

Do I need to show them to you?

Quote:
Turns out there was a wee bit of sarin gas residue left over from who-knows-when.

It wasn't a 'wee bit', it was four liters of Sarin gas in a binary nerve gas artillery shell.

Set off in down town New York City, four liters of Sarin nerve gas could kill 100,000 people or more.

Quote:
But the BIG WMD lie was the two empty trailers Rummy and his cronies found and claimed they found WMDs. Straight up f-ing lies.

What will it take to make you believe Saddam had WMDs? A sarin gas shell? A dozen mustard gas shells? A thousand VX gas shells? A biological weapons manufacturing plant? A ton of enriched uranium? A dozen ICBMs? Just what will it take?

Quote:
This whole administration is based on lies,

Funny, I proved Saddam had WMDs, yet you still say Bush lied about it.

And I seem to remember something... what was it... "I did not have sex with that woman"?

Quote:
theft

Just what the hell did Bush steal? Are you still harping that 'Bush Stole The Eeeelection!' bullshit?

And I seem to remember something else... what was it... Oh yeah "I promise I'll bring the furniture back".

Quote:
and corruption.

What corruption? Please post some damn proof with your allegations.

And I seem to remember something about 141 presidential pardons in January of 2001, and some odd deposits in a certain presidents bank accounts...

Quote:
Odds are he's a republican because a dem wouldn't have done what he did.

No, a Dem would have sold China nuclear secrets for campaign contributions...

Oh wait, they already did.

Quote:
The problem with what McVeigh...er...Dolphin_Shooter

Continue comparing board elders to terrorists and you may just find yourself banned.

And I find it funny that you're the retard who was calling for 'revolution!!!1!1!one!' here just a few months ago, much like McVeigh.

See ya on the wanted list.

Quote:
did is that he is trying to suppress dissention,

"Help, help, i'm being suppressed!!!".

Unlike certain democrats who slashed the tires of Republican voters on election day?

The sword cuts both ways, poor fool, be careful when you pick it up.

Quote:
In case you've forgotten (or never learned) our country is supposed to be based on those concepts.

And in case you've forgotten your side in this debate has done far more to destroy freedom of speech.

Quote:
The current administration is slowly eroding those freedoms and you're not watching.

Expired Assault Weapons Ban, enacted Protection in Lawful Commerce In Arms.

Now lets look at Bill Clintons record: Assualt Weapons Ban, Brady Bill, National ID Card Act, ex-post-facto firearms confiscations, a law enabling the executive branch to declare various groups "terrorist" -- without stating any reason and without the possibility of appeal and a law authorizing secret trials with secret evidence for certain classes of people.

Yup, the Republicans sure are the ones eroding our rights and freedoms!

Quote:
You especially Uzi, seem to blindly and adamently disagree with everything I say.

Pot, meet kettle, kettle, meet pot. You are the one that disagrees with anything and everything Bush says or does, no matter what. I was here long before you where, and I formed my opinions long before anyone had even heard the name 'George W. Bush'.

Your opinions are based on only one thing: What has Bush done, so you can disagree with it.

Quote:
Just like you blindly and adamently support and defend everything the US does.

No, I don't, retard.

I do not support our military aid to Egypt.

I do not support our giving the locations and size of border patrols to the Mexican government.

I do not support our aid to Hamas.

I do not support sales of aircraft and technology to the Peoples Republic of China.

I do not support involvement of American troops Darfur, Liberia or Somalia.

Must I go on?

What bothers you isn't the fact that I 'support anything the United States does', what bothers you is the fact I don't criticize every single damn thing the United States does, like you.

Quote:
It's a symptom of brain washing

Ha, you're the one to talk, mister "There Where No WMDs In Iraq!!!!... oh... wait a minute... yes there where..."

Quote:
and not being able to think objectively.

I happen to be sitting in the fifth state of logic, so I must ask you: how does it feel to be stuck in the second?

You really should be used as a case study in projection... Among other things.

Quote:
The reason people do things like desicrate the flag is to try to get your attention,

Much like the reason children scream and yell and pull peoples hair is to get my attention.

Quote:
not to disrespect honourable soldiers who died for a good cause.

This from a man whose side invented the concept of spitting on soldiers.

Quote:
It's the same reason I come in here to the wolves den and take a beating.

Oh, my, g-d, that's a good one. Many of the people here are on the LEFT of the poltical world, two of our members have been COMMUNISTS, MOST of our members are LIBERTARIANS, in fact I think you'll be hard pressed to find a single Republican on this whole board.

It's abso-frickin-lutely hilarious when someone is so far out to left field that they'll consider this place a 'wolves den'.

Thank you for adding some humor to my day with a view into the loony bin.

Quote:
Wake up guys, America is not perfect, far from it.

Correct, America has liberals, thus cannot be perfect.

Quote:
This administration will go down in history as the worst ever and is well on it's way to destroying America.

*yawn*, same thing you leftards said about Reagan, who history has proven to be our best president since Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited by UZI4U : 05-10-2006 at 02:24 AM.