This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-04-2007

Default Ya just gotta love the Marine corp double tap!

A Marine response to a simple question. Regarding
> the news blurb about the Marine who put two rounds
> ("double tap") in a wounded insurgent's head in
> Fallujah, here's a response from a Marine:
>
> "It's a safety issue, pure and simple. After
> assaulting through a target, we put a security round
> in everybody's head. Sorry al-Reuters, there's no
> paddy wagon rolling around Fallujah picking up
> "prisoners"
>
> and offering them a hot cup o' joe, falafel, and a
> blanket. There's no time to dick around on the
> target. You clear the space, dump the chumps, and
> move on.
>
> Are Corpsman expected to treat wounded terrorists?
> Negative. Hey Libs, worried about the defense
> budget? Well, it would be waste, fraud, and abuse
> for a Corpsman to expend one man-minute or a battle
> dressing on a terrorist. It's much cheaper to just
> spend the $.02 on a 5.56mm FMJ. By the way, in our
> view, terrorists who chop off civilian's heads are
> not prisoners, they are carcasses. Chopping off a
> civilian's head is another reason why these idiots
> are known as "unlawful combatants." It seems that
> most of the world's journalists have forgotten that
> fact.
>
> Let me be very clear about this issue. I have looked
> around the web, and many people get this concept,
> but there are some stragglers.
>
> Here is your typical Marine sitrep (situation
> report): You just took fire from unlawful combatants
> (no uniform - breaking every Geneva Convention rule
> there is) shooting from a religious building
> attempting to use the sanctuary status of their
> position as protection. But you're in Fallujah now,
> and the Marine Corps has decided that they're not
> playing that game this time. That was Najaf. So you
> set the mosque on fire and you hose down the
> terrorists with small arms, launch some AT-4s
> (Rockets), some 40MM grenades into the building and
> things quiet down.
>
> So, you run over there, and find some tangos (bad
> guys) wounded and pretending to be dead. You are
> aware that suicide martyrdom is like really popular
> with these idiots, and they think taking some
> Marines with them would be really cool. So you can
> either risk your life and your fire team's lives by
> having them cover you while you bend down and search
> a guy that you think is pretending to be dead for
> some reason.
>
> Most of the time these are the guys with the grenade
> or a vest made of explosives. Also, you don't know
> who or what is in the next room. You're already
> speaking English to the rest of your fire team or
> squad which lets the terrorist know you are there
> and you are his enemy. You are speaking loud because
> your hearing is poor from shooting people for
> several days. So you know that there are many other
> rooms to enter, and that if anyone is still alive in
> those rooms, they know that Americans are in the
> mosque. Meanwhile (3 seconds later), you still have
> this terrorist (that was just shooting at you from a
> mosque) playing possum.
>
> What do you do? You double tap his head, and you go
> to the next room, that's what!
>
> What about the Geneva Convention and all that 'Law
> of Land Warfare'
>
> stuff? What about it. Without even addressing the
> issues at hand, your first thought should be, "I'd
> rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
>
> Bear in mind that this tactic of double tapping a
> fallen terrorist is a perpetual mindset that is
> reinforced by experience on a minute by minute
> basis. Secondly, you are fighting an unlawful
> combatant in a Sanctuary, which is a double No-No on
> his part. Third, tactically you are in no position
> to take "prisoners" because there are more rooms to
> search and clear, and the behavior of said terrorist
> indicates that he is up to no good. No good in
> Fallujah is a very large place and the low end of no
> good and the high end of no good are fundamentally
> the same . . .
>
> Marines end up getting hurt or die. So there is no
> compelling reason for you to do anything,but double
> tap this idiot and get on with the mission.
>
> If you are a veteran, then everything I have just
> written is self evident. If you are not a veteran,
> at least try to put yourself in the situation.
> Remember, in Fallujah there is no yesterday, there
> is no tomorrow, there is only now, Right NOW. Have
> you ever lived in NOW for a week? It is really,
> really not easy. If you have never lived in NOW for
> longer than it takes to finish the big roller
> coaster at Six Flags, then shut your hole about
> putting Marines in jail for "War Crimes."
>
> Semper Fi.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-04-2007
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Thumbs down Crap as usual.

That's the same shit, after all: "If they use beasty methods, why shouldn't we repay them with the same money?"

Very simple, right-wing assholes: because that's what makes us DIFFERENT from them, that's what makes us be right and them be wrong. If we fight them with methods comparable with those they use, we fall down to their own level. And then, not only we loose our dignity, we loose the very same right to complain about their actions (not to mention our right to fight them).

Terrorists torture? We shall not.
Terrorist execute in cold blood? We shall not.
Terrorists kidnap and detain indiscriminately, in bad conditions, without legal warrant and counsel? We shall not.

Because THAT is the difference between US (the good guys) and THEM (the bad guys). That's what gives us the right to say "Terrorists are evil motherfucker, we are in the right, and we will fight them until they'll be defeated worldwide".

Using this strategy will make our fight loose strenght, maybe cause losses between our men? Let it be. It's the lesser evil. Nobody said it would have been easy or fast, and one of the reasons why it can't be fast and easy is just because we simply CAN NOT EFFORD to use their own methods to fight them. One of the reasons why many people (including me and around 90% of my fellow Countrymen) are against the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in general against "The War Against Terror" is because many theoretics of T.W.A.T. support the ideas of using such methods to fight terrorism. This doesn't makes us better than them, and then we don't deserve victory any longer. It destroys everything we fight for.

But that's pretty hard to understand for a right-winger, isn't that?

P.S.: Bacon Guy, don't waste your time in reply. My doors are closed for you. You're a fuckin' fascist.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-04-2007

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: Ya just gotta love the Marine corp double tap!

We went through very intense urban combat training at Fort Benning. One thing that our Drill Sergeants drilled into us was the fact that, you may kick in the door of some asshole who just killed your buddy. If this said asshole puts down his weapon, you have to be able to shut off the kill switch and take him into custody. Killing is the easy part. NOT KILLING is the thing you have to train for. Because emotion can certainly get the best of you in a warzone. I'm a killer, but I'm no murderer. No way.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-05-2007

If one of you would kindly do me the favor of quoting me- for PT's benefit...

There's so much of PT's Patented Stoopid™ here, I almost don't know where to begin. I guess you could say I've gotten rusty.

But bear with me, and we'll all have some fun- and maybe even PT will learn something.

First, PT sets up an amateurish straw-man by attributing something to you that you've never said. Using the same methods as the Arabs? Like cutting off heads? Fighting from mosques? Pay attention, shit-for-brains- we aren't the ones breaking the laws of war.

Then, of course, PT the Moron proceeds with the obligatory, angry-lefty slurring (which naturally includes an expletive. How clever!), before proceeding to literally bore us to death with a litany of standardized lefty whining about 'stooping to their level', before slipping in a little 'we bring it on ourselves'.

Then, our resident genius dribbles out these little pearls of wisdom:

Quote:
Terrorists torture? We shall not.

We don't.

Quote:
Terrorist execute in cold blood? We shall not.

We don't.

There is nothing- NOTHING- even remotely parallel between legitimate soldiers engaging in legitimate combat killing an enemy combatant, and one of your ululating savages sawing someone's head off for working with the Iraqi government.

Nothing. So get that out of your empty head, you lying, twisting little weasel. Intellectual honesty is obviously something you've pointedly decided to do away with in service of your Better Ideas™.

As far as this utter, head-slapping nonsense:

Quote:
Terrorists kidnap and detain indiscriminately, in bad conditions, without legal warrant and counsel? We shall not.

Once again, genius, we don't. And in case you hadn't noticed, GITMO is a new, state-of-the-art facility that outclasses any filthy Italian jail. There's even AQ who don't want to leave.

You are obviously in sore need of a little 'refresher course' on the international laws you pretend to revere so religiously. You've obviously forgotten the important parts- or, as I tend to believe, you're a big, fat, hypocritical, spoiled little salon leftist- who, like all of your ilk, is a complete sham. You never even read these things would be my guess.

Here you go, you brilliant Gunwriter*, you paragon of honesty and knowledge. Read this, then forever shut the fuck up with your slanderous bullshit, you hateful jealous little piglet.

I'll even boldface it so you know which parts are important, dimwit.

Under international law (specifically, the Geneva Convention (III) relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War), we are prohibited from putting combatants to trial for acts of combatancy. This assumes that some portion of Guantanamo detainees are POWs (an assumption made by many on the Left). POWs cannot under any circumstances be put to trials for the act of fighting for their countries. Rather, POWs can be held until the cessation of hostilities.

That means we can't try them for fighting, but we can try them for the crime of being an illegal combatant. Do you follow?

Furthermore, for those detainees who are not considered POWs, but rather unlawful combatants, international law provides that they can be detained like POWs, but that they can also be prosecuted for the crimes that made their combatancy unlawful. Note, however, that such prosecutions are a possibility, not a command. In other words, unless they have POW protections the U.S. can choose to hold them, choose to try them, or choose to release them.

If you haven't run crying to your mother yet, what that means is that as long as we afford them the Geneva rights accorded to combatants of their status, we can do what we like.

Then there's this priceless piece of cognitive dissonance- also typical of spoiled University leftist retards:

Quote:
Because THAT is the difference between US (the good guys) and THEM (the bad guys). That's what gives us the right to say "Terrorists are evil motherfucker, we are in the right, and we will fight them until they'll be defeated worldwide".

Using this strategy will make our fight loose strenght, maybe cause losses between our men?

Excuse me, PT- us? Our fight? We?

It's not your fight at all, as you go on to state quite clearly-

Quote:
One of the reasons why many people (including me and around 90% of my fellow Countrymen) are against the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in general against "The War Against Terror...It destroys everything we fight for."

So which is it, Komrade Liar?

Fight tough, or not at all? In your usual, utterly dishonest way, you want to sound like you know better than everyone who has strategized this war professionally, and also as if you really believe fighting Islamists physically is wrong, no matter where.

And then, just in case we forgot the real reason PT comments, there is this:

Quote:
But that's pretty hard to understand for a right-winger, isn't that?

That's right. You're brilliant, Signore Professional Gunwriter*. Us right-wingers are idiots.

Then, as a parting shot, PT the Genius resorts to the time-honored lefty tactic of defining down a concept so as to render it totally without meaning:

Quote:
My doors are closed for you. You're a fuckin' fascist.

This he says, seemingly oblivious to the sweet, sweet irony of a communist calling a free-market Jeffersonian Liberal a fascist, and admitting his mind is closed.

FASCIST!!!

Which brings us to PT's final humiliation- another lesson.

Fascist-

Quote:
fascist
1921, from It. partito nazionale fascista, the anti-communist political movement organized 1919 under Benito Mussolini (1883-1945); from It. fascio "group, association," lit. "bundle." Fasci "groups of men organized for political purposes" had been a feature of Sicily since c.1895; the 20c. sense probably infl. by the Roman fasces (q.v.) which became the party symbol. Fascism, also 1921, was originally used in Eng. 1920 in its It. form, fascismo. Applied to similar groups in Germany from 1923.

And

Quote:
"A form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion." [Robert O. Paxton, "The Anatomy of Fascism," 2004]

So, in the end, Mr. s00p3r 1337 Gunwriter*- whom I like to think of as the Italian Tyler- this is what it boils down to...

If you want to throw around words like "torture", "execute", and "fascist", then you had better bring the whole ball of wax- be prepared to get called out on any basis, be it semantic, semiotic, contextual, philosophical, you name it. You're way out of your league intellectually, and that's why all you bring is the rhetorical grenade, and sneering anti-Americanism.

FOAD already, Giuseppe.

PT The Italian Dummie

*Insisting on bringing up unrelated qualifications to bolster one's (deficient) argument is called an 'appeal to expertise', and it is one sign that the person doing it has already conceded a loss.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 08-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
We went through very intense urban combat training at Fort Benning. One thing that our Drill Sergeants drilled into us was the fact that, you may kick in the door of some asshole who just killed your buddy. If this said asshole puts down his weapon, you have to be able to shut off the kill switch and take him into custody. Killing is the easy part. NOT KILLING is the thing you have to train for. Because emotion can certainly get the best of you in a warzone. I'm a killer, but I'm no murderer. No way.

THAT's a totally different philosophy. THIS, I can accept. It's good to see that on your side of the Atlantic there's still somebody who reasons with his brain instead than with his erection.

Oh, Bacon, Bacon... hadn't I kindly asked you to ?
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-05-2007

PT,

Haven't I kindly asked you to

A) Blow me

B) STFU

C) FOAD

Why are you so inconsiderate of my requests?

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.

Last edited by Bacon Guy : 08-05-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2007

Old 08-05-2007

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Thumbs up Re: Ya just gotta love the Marine corp double tap!

[quote=PT-The Italian Commie]THAT's a totally different philosophy. THIS, I can accept. It's good to see that on your side of the Atlantic there's still somebody who reasons with his brain instead than with his erection.

Actually I've met some of the most level headed people in the infantry. These are guys who want to defend their country. We don't want to kill anyone. But we will if we have to. And unfortunately we have to quite a bit these days.

I'm not going to torture people and beat the shit out of them, if for no other reason than it being totally unprofessional. I know I'm better than these stone age, third world, monkeys who can't even adjust the sites on their AKMs properly. It's not about being the better man because I already know I am. It's the fact that I'm a professional and I serve a recognised republic, not some hijacked, perverse, interpretation of an already retarded, flawed religion.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-05-2007

Although I'll have to admit, I can very easily see finishing off a Terrorist with two shots to the head as an extremely professional act.

If I were a Marine (...you know... if their rule makers wrote down 'need glasses for astygmatism' instead of 'corrected vision' in general, I'd have BEEN one for a couple of years already... sorry, kinda bitter), and I knew these guys had a habit of blowing themselves up like that... I'd finish them off. Not because I hate them or anything personal than that. I just know for damn sure their life is not worth the life of my fellow Marines... unless of course a superior gives me an order to the contrary.
Old 08-05-2007

What you both are saying (placing two immediately lethal shots in the body of an attacker who poses a clear and present threat to s.o.'s life) is way way different than shooting off dead an hostile who's already been wounded and disabled from further reaction. Do you realize that, right?