This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 04-24-2006

Default I've got sweet bow staff skills

Im totally going to the Rex Kwondo Do-jo!

Bow to your Sensai!
Old 04-25-2006
Super Moderator

I know ching-ching-pow...
Old 05-11-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Heh

20+ years of Judo, and now 2 of Krav Maga.

I like Krav. A lot. I have a buddy who is a Hung Gar Karate instructor, and he is flummoxed by Krav techniques.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 05-12-2006
Esteemed Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Guy
20+ years of Judo, and now 2 of Krav Maga.

I like Krav. A lot. I have a buddy who is a Hung Gar Karate instructor, and he is flummoxed by Krav techniques.

I have trained in Haganah,a variant of Krav Maga, for many years. Perhaps you have heard of this?
Old 05-13-2006

Default I really can't claim any particular style as my own here.

I've learned... tons. Just lots and lots, but not really sticking with any of them.

First was what was then being called 'Kenpo Karate' at about 6-8 years old... had a hiatus until I got back into martial arts (and firearms at the same time ) at age 12 or so. Started taking Judo, and a heavily Karate-biased 'freeform combat' then... dropped judo in exchange for the Iaido (sword) class they also had at that hour in the dojo... eventually had to change to a different dojo because I moved to the other side of town... so then went to Krav Maga (which also comprehensively covered knife and machete fighting) and kickboxing (the instructor was teaching Thai-style, not American-style!).

Went to Taiwan then, and started Liu He Ba Fa, eventually decided to drop (with the suggestion from the instructor). Switched to Xing Yi Quan, stuck with that until I came back from Taiwan.

Started Jeet Kune Do here again, along with picking up Iaido once more.

I'm going back to Taiwan mid-summer, and probably going to either pick Xing Yi Quan back up, or go to Ba Gua Zhang.
Old 05-13-2006

Default And actually...

Of all this I'm the most proud of being able to hit a silhouette target at 15 feet consistantly with a thrown buck nighthawk.

Some people chew pencils, some people bite their nails...

I started tossing and twirling a buck nighthawk (still in its sheath). Most of the time when I'm following this message board, I'm tossing and catching the nighthawk!
Old 05-13-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Me too..

I've been delving back into that dark, arcane art of JKD. Deadly, very fucking deadly stuff!!

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 05-13-2006

Default Ah, JKD...

The best thing that came from taking JKD for me was the ability to combine everything I've learned from every other fighting style I've taken. Not sure just what it was that kickstarted this, but before JKD, I'd practice it all seperately (and even noticably use one at a time when sparring), and after JKD, I use it all at once.