This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

  #1  
Old 11-19-2007
Armorer's Avatar
Armorer Armorer is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hahira, Ga.
Posts: 360
Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default The folks we get-- recent random IM convo

This ballwaxer shows up on my AIM tonight-- enjoy the transcript.

ThaMandrinX: hello
ME: hello?
ThaMandrinX: I was on your website today (securityarms.com)
ThaMandrinX: I was wondering around the guns
ThaMandrinX: about*
ThaMandrinX: Are the guns sold on security arms real or fake?
ME: which guns?
ThaMandrinX: The ones sold on your forum under the Garage Sale section
ME: they're very much real
ThaMandrinX: They fire live ammunition
ThaMandrinX: ?
ME: Yeah, live and gummi ammo.
ThaMandrinX: Are they illegal?
ME: no, only with SBR A-Cup BRA's
ME: The ruger AC556 requires a class III license to acquire, but they belong to the guy who owns the site.
ME: Just as you can buy on gunbroker or auction arms under sections labeled destructive devices and class III
ThaMandrinX: o
ThaMandrinX: Do you know what kind of pistols fire rubber bullets?
ME: I'm sorry, but where are you referring from?
ME: what website did you link to security arms?
ThaMandrinX: google
ME: and you are how old?
ThaMandrinX: 29
ME: any questions regarding sales would be best suited in an email to the site administrator TJ
ME: as to questions regarding firearms, please feel free to join our forum and ask in the appropriate section: general firearms
ThaMandrinX: ok ... before I go do you know anything about rubber bullet guns?
ME: yeah
ThaMandrinX: If I bought an air gun could that fire a rubber bullet?
Me: rubber bullets are used for target practice on undesireables-- not training, or self defense
ME: no
ThaMandrinX: ok
ME: lemmie guess, you want a "safe gun" by using rubber bullets rather than a real lead.
ThaMandrinX: no...I was going to let me nefew shoot it but I don't want him to shoot real live bullets
ME: sir-- they don't make anything like that for the general public-- however, secret agents can with the agent's badge.
TheMandrinX: So where can I get a gun like on your website? you said it's not illegal.
ME: If your nephew is under the age of 18, it might be best to wait a few more years until such time as local laws permit you to take him with you to a local shooting range, unless he's violent, which then wouldn't be adviseable.
TheMandrinX: ? don't know? Can I rent one of yours?
ME: They're not mine, but they're not for rent. Check with local NFA laws before purchasing a firearm, and make a donation to the NRA.
TheMandrinX: Ok, thankyou very much, goodbye.
__________________

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2007
PT-The Italian Commie's Avatar
PT-The Italian Commie PT-The Italian Commie is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sardinia, Italy
Posts: 2,611
Default "Rubber Bullet guns"?

That shit is pretty much widespread in eastern-European countries for self-defense, 'cause local laws in countries like Ukraine and Russia forbid civilian ownership of handguns. Lately, even Tanfoglio has started to market such a gun, in a .10x22-T caliber; them "fire" a hard rubber traumatic cartridge that's less than lethal, but can hurt as hell. Their purpose would be Police or Private security use against unarmed targets to bring them down without the use of lethal force... nothing that I'd leave to a kid, BTW. Them can REALLY hurt. Here in Italy them are legal, but you still need a gun license since them are categorized much like real firearms. If the guy doesn't wants his nephew to use real live ammunitions, he'd better buy him an Airsoft... and probably that's what he meant, confusing "Plastic ammunition" with "Rubber ammunition". If you see him again, or if he stumbles upon this forum, the suggestion is to purchase an airsoft replica.
__________________
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2007
D Yankee (The Zionist)'s Avatar
D Yankee (The Zionist) D Yankee (The Zionist) is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 719
Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Re: "Rubber Bullet guns"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
That shit is pretty much widespread in eastern-European countries for self-defense, 'cause local laws in countries like Ukraine and Russia forbid civilian ownership of handguns. Lately, even Tanfoglio has started to market such a gun, in a .10x22-T caliber; them "fire" a hard rubber traumatic cartridge that's less than lethal, but can hurt as hell. Their purpose would be Police or Private security use against unarmed targets to bring them down without the use of lethal force... nothing that I'd leave to a kid, BTW. Them can REALLY hurt. Here in Italy them are legal, but you still need a gun license since them are categorized much like real firearms. If the guy doesn't wants his nephew to use real live ammunitions, he'd better buy him an Airsoft... and probably that's what he meant, confusing "Plastic ammunition" with "Rubber ammunition". If you see him again, or if he stumbles upon this forum, the suggestion is to purchase an airsoft replica.

The kid would probably still shoot his eye out.
__________________
You who inherit the heavy privilege to serve in freedom's name, must brace for the battle surely to come.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2007
Armorer's Avatar
Armorer Armorer is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hahira, Ga.
Posts: 360
Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default Re: The folks we get-- recent random IM convo

please boys, guy didn't even pick up on me fuckin with him!
favorite line--
Quote:
ThaMandrinX: They fire live ammunition
ThaMandrinX: ?
ME: Yeah, live and gummi ammo.
read back over it and laugh for a change. Make a donation to the nra? please, lol.
__________________

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2007
UZI4U's Avatar
UZI4U UZI4U is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas.
Posts: 890
Default Re: The folks we get-- recent random IM convo

I've given up trying feel sorry for those born with an IQ below that of bacteria, it's too much work and under all those social-conditioning layers I know they don't deserve it.

Same goes for trying to help them.



The information is out there. If you aren't smart enough to figure out how to find it yourself then I can only hope Darwins law will come into effect.
__________________
Am Yisrael Chai!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SecurityArms.com 1995 - 2009