This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 06-27-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Talking Peruvian FAD

See it HERE, HERE and HERE.

The FAD ("Fusýl AutomÓtico Doble", or "Dual Automatic Rifle" as it is intended to be fired either from the right or left shoulder and to be readily coupable with a single-shot "Pump-Action" 40mm grenade launcher) is the new bull-pup assault rifle being developed by engineer Salom˛n Braga Lozo at the Callao Plant (formerly CEFAR, "Centro de Fabricacci˛n de Armas", or "Firearms Manufacturing Center") of SIMA ("Serviccios Industriales de Marina, "Navy Manufacturing Services") in Peru.

Not much to say, except that, HEY, THAT'S THE DOWNWARD-EJECTING CASE DEFLECTOR I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF!!
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 06-27-2008

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default And It's About Time !

Spent cases ejecting downward is just common sense. I can't count how many times my buddies spent brass has ended up in my uniform and burning the hell out of my neck or back during live fire excersises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie

The FAD ("Fusýl AutomÓtico Doble", or "Dual Automatic Rifle" as it is intended to be fired either from the right or left shoulder and to be readily coupable with a single-shot "Pump-Action" 40mm grenade launcher) is the new bull-pup assault rifle being developed by engineer Salom˛n Braga Lozo at the Callao Plant (formerly CEFAR, "Centro de Fabricacci˛n de Armas", or "Firearms Manufacturing Center") of SIMA ("Serviccios Industriales de Marina, "Navy Manufacturing Services") in Peru.

Not much to say, except that, HEY, THAT'S THE DOWNWARD-EJECTING CASE DEFLECTOR I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF!!

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 06-28-2008

Default Re: Peruvian FAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
And here. I descibed it over half year ago

War is a game played with a smile; if you can`t smile, grin.
If you can`t grin, keep out of the way until you can. [Winston Churchill]
Old 06-28-2008

Has this weapon been issued yet?, Nice weapons system!, Weird but cool!.
Old 06-29-2008

Nope, it is not. Just a model.

War is a game played with a smile; if you can`t smile, grin.
If you can`t grin, keep out of the way until you can. [Winston Churchill]
Old 06-29-2008

It's merely a rough prototype to test feasibility, I suppose. My guess is that Peru would rather want it less crude and with plastic housing (see the close-up pictures, you'll find that most of that thing is made out of heavy, outdated stampings...).
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 07-27-2008

A nice image of it
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fador1.jpg

The handguard still looks under development as a 'Pump Action' launcher is to be installed, It will probably be an advanced M203/GP30?.

Last edited by Grenadier Toebanger : 07-27-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadier Toebanger
The handguard still looks under development as a 'Pump Action' launcher is to be installed, It will probably be an advanced M203/GP30?.

I don't think it will be anything "advanced". It will most probably be like the quick attach/detach grenade launcher prototyped by the Croatians for the VHS rifle: a simple single-action smoothbore forward-opening tube like their previous RGB-1, maybe having a folding trigger since it may have no trigger guard (posing risks of accidental discharges should it snag on a soldier's equipment or something).