This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 11-28-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Angry "Masada" rifle: guess what?

The market launch of the Bushmaster/Magpul ACR "Masada" adaptive combat rifle system has been DELAYED AGAIN, this time Bushmaster says it is being "redesigned" to compete to the "US Army Carbine and Subcompact Weapon trials" and will be available in 2009 "for selected customers".

So:
  1. The ACR (a.k.a. the "Masada) will probably loose most of its "coolness", and possibly some of the advanced technical features that makes it currently one of the (potentially) most advanced, versatile and reliable firearms in the world, just for the sake of a simpler, easier and cheaper manufacture.
  2. All this is being done to compete to a trial whose winner has (most probably) already been chosen, seen how "enthusiastically" Colt's submissions have been received.
  3. The ACR (a.k.a. the "Masada") will not make it out in time to reach the civilian markets before the next Great Gun Grab®. Magpul and Bushmaster will loose the prestige and the popularity they currently enjoy between the legitimate, law-abiding citizens and civilian gun owners, and all for the sake of selling to Governmental and military agencies (or at least trying to sell) a product that will not be worth one half of the perfect weapon we saw at the last two SHOT Shows, probably asking for each piece ten times the price tag (taxpayers' money, on a side note) they'd put on it for the civilian market. If I was just a little bit meaner, I could even think that they might reach agreements with the gun grabbers to prevent civilians from having this gun.
  4. Export markets will never see it. This includes Italy

I am getting a little bit pissed off about it, y'know...

Luckily enough, I have been successful in "tipping" an Italian gun distributor I know to inquire about importing in my Country the Kel-Tec RFB Bull-pup rifle, which will be shipping in the US by December (Kel-Tec guys seem to know their stuff). Last time I've heard of him, he told me that the process of agreements and stuff is "going on" and we Italians will probably enjoy the RFB sometimes around 2009. Thank G*d for the small favors.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 11-28-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2008

Default Re: "Masada" rifle: guess what?

A semi will never see our civilian markert either... Thanks for the Change!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-28-2008
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Shooter
A semi will never see our civilian markert either... Thanks for the Change!

It actually might, if Bushmaster hurries up in throwing it to the market, 'cause I don't actually see a Gun Grab proposal coming out seriously before 18 months at least. Problem is, Bushmaster probably has no real intention to sell this to civilians. As I said, probably they'll make more money selling a downgraded variant of the original design to the Police and the military earning for each sample 10 times the money they'd make selling a well-build Masada to civilians. They might even arrange agreements with the gun grabbers (the US Government, no matter who's in charge!) to achieve military contracts in exchange of never throwing the gun on the civilian market. My opinion of Bushmaster being a good choice for the mass production of the Masada is definitely gone down the toilet, man...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 11-28-2008
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

I know I shouldn't say it again...
BUT
I fucking told ya'll so.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell