This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 05-22-2006

Default M79 or HK69?

Which is the most realiable , diverse , effective of these single shot nade launchers?
Old 05-22-2006
Jabroni

The M79 becouse it is the first one but was very bulky for the grenadier since he also had to carry a rifle at the same time, They are good for riot guns rather than military use today. If you were going to use one these days, You best have a MAC 10/11 in the 'Sten' fashion or 'Stenned' underneath the front grip for close quater combat situations

The HK69 would probably be the best out of of these two since H&K manufacture well made expensive weapons and it has also lead to the
HK AG36 which is quite similar and is sometimes used under HK G36/SA80A2 Rifles.

Deffo the HK69 anyday
Old 05-22-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
If you were going to use one these days, You best have a MAC 10/11 in the 'Sten' fashion or 'Stenned' underneath the front grip for close quater combat situations

You don't seriously think the MAC 10/11 in any configuration should be considered for combat do you?
Old 05-22-2006

Send a message via MSN to B__

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
You don't seriously think the MAC 10/11 in any configuration should be considered for combat do you?
I would consider it for extremely close combat, other than that....
Old 05-22-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B__
I would consider it for extremely close combat, other than that....

Have you ever fired one or ever been in combat?
Old 05-22-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

What's that phrase?

Ah, yes...

Quote:
A handgun is only useful for fighting your way back to your rifle.
Old 05-22-2006

Send a message via MSN to B__

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Have you ever fired one or ever been in combat?
Oh come on, have you no mall ninja in you?
Old 05-22-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Fired a full auto rate-reduced M11 before...

Unlike the urban legends, I was actually able to put out full mags without jams. Now, it'd jam every OTHER mag of course...

I /did/ manage to reproduce the infamous hollywood-style 'bandit shooting' technique where you hold the weapon sideways and use the recoil to sweep the weapon across multiple targets. Not gangster-style one-handed, but holding it down by the hip on its side, and making extensive use of a vertical foregrip this one happened to have.

With a bit of practice you can sweep a mag over 3-5 targets. Not particularly USEFUL in combat, but it's damn fun.
Old 05-22-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B__
Oh come on, have you no mall ninja in you?

Maaallllll Ninjaaaaaaaa

An excerpt from the Mall Ninja cronicals.

"
It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. Although there are typically between fifteen and twenty normal security officers working the beat there, we decided a while ago that it would be best to have a specilized force for violent individuals. We use modified electric vehicles and can be anywhere on a given floor within eight and a half minutes.

Naturally, the regular security people are unarmed. We "RTFers", by arrangement with the local police, carry high-strength OC spray and batons. If we have a full tactical alert and permission from the local LEOs we also have a Mossberg 500 with less-lethal rounds and two K-frame Smith .38s loaded with 158gr. LRN.

Basically, the situation is that we get the call, we lock up the situation, put everything five by five, and cordon the area until the local authorities arrive. We're cops, we just don't get the glory.

I am not permitted to carry Glocks on duty; however, when my wife picks me up from work I strap on the "Deadly Duo" of a 27 and 23, each with Bar-Sto .357 bbl."
Old 05-22-2006
Administrator

Default Mall Ninja part 2

So There I was...(part DEUX) Mall Ninja Uber Tactical stories
So there I was, pinning on my mall security badge. I knew that at that moment, I had reached the pinnacle of my calling, to "protect and serve" or as my company motto says, to "evade and report". I had just received my official state security commission which allowed me to be armed, the ELITE of mall security. As I holstered my Gold Inlayed Stainless Glock 21 in .45 ACP, I knew that if it got hairy out there, I would be ready. I placed my Benchmade tactical automatic knife in my pocket where I knew it would ready at a moments notice.

As I walked my beat this afternoon I received a radio dispatch of possible loitering in the food court. I quickly stepped into the Men's room and press checked my .45 Glock 21 to make sure, "just in case".

I then responded to the scene of the crime, just in time to witness at least 3 fourteen year old male suspects. I placed my hand on my gun and returned the biggest ones menacing glare. As I approached the ringleader, I noticed a movement, out of the corner of my eye. My advanced security training immediately screamed "AMBUSH". My 2 hours of class room instruction kicked in like a well oiled machine.

I whipped my ASP baton out just as I began to spin and meet the threat but the clever teenagers had strategically placed a spilled coke, so I lost my footing and landed flat on my back. I was prepared for such an attack however, and even though my baton went flying 15 feet away and the wind was knocked out of me, my survival instinct, honed to a razor edge, kicked in. I quickly rolled to my right getting to my knees and dove for cover in the water fountain. I went for my mace, but the water on my Oakley sunglasses obscured my vision. I depressed the cap and shot a burst of mace directly at myself, I have been maced before so I knew how to handle it. I ran in a circle screaming so as to confuse the opposition and then threw myself prone into a middle aged woman’s lap in a booth. I knew at that moment that she would provide a body shield for any attacks that may occur. As I ordered her to stand in front of me, I reassured her of my abilities by showing her how a professional takes a knee to the groin.

As I writhe in pain on the ground, I would appear to the untrained eye to have lost control of my bladder. But in reality, this is a clever ruse to lure the predator to the trap. I stand up in a crouched position, and ran to retrieve my ASP. I could see the older woman running away from me bravely distracting the teenagers from my movements. I then picked my ASP up and whipped it into a semi-arc and with all the vengeance I could muster, I knocked my sunglasses right at the leading perp in a display of deft ability and superior training.

My right hand struck my right thigh causing the automatic knife to open in my pocket. The stabbing pain to my groin only heightened my awareness to the dangers I now faced.

Somehow, possibly a mastery of Thai Chi, the perp managed to cause me to strike the bridge my nose with the tip of my baton. I knew at that point I had met my match and conceded defeat by losing consciousness. Touché’ to whomever you are.