This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 10-09-2010
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Re: Caracal pistols. From the hot sands of Middle East

I did not finish last, sure I did not finish first but I had fun during the competition.
These pistols have a lot of potential but some things have to be ironed out.
I like them, just not love at first sight ;-)
Sights are one of those things that are not up to the accuracy of the barrel,
these pistols deserve better than that when using them for more than defensive use at short distance..

Some people make fun of me when she is shooting with such tactical protective equipment (Bollé goggles resisting to high speed grenade fragments)

just because I do not want to see my loved ones with damaged eyes or hearing.
Thanks to my Rodenstock specialty tempered glasses.
It cost an arm but it worths the cost when using a milling machine or having spent case coming straight to the eye like today.
I should have stopped firing when I received the second case in a row on the forehead.
I knew the ejection was quite erratic but that one had a less erratic ejection than the others.
I think the serie I received may be one of the first batches.
it bears Merkel USA, Trussville, Alabama engraved inside.
My overall opinion is good about them and so is the feeling of those who used them today, I got some orders.
but with such a price tag here, it is better not to give a chance to the competition to tarnish the reputation of a product.
They did that already before these pistols reached our shores.

First magazine (18 rounds), 9mm NATO ammo, FN Mfg, Rapid Fire, 25 m, isoceles stance. Caracal F , SN BM 300.
Yes, I know! There's one miss on top right.That was the only one of the day, one too much.

I shot a lot today, I have a sore thumb from presssing the slide release (Ok, slide stop)
The C has seen now 500 rounds through it and I had only 2 failures for the last 100 rounds (locked slide when not empty and unlocked slide with empty mag)
I finished with 147 grains ammo and had no problem.

For the 3 F pistols, I did use Wilson Combat Ultimate lube as well and I had"only" 6 failures through 750 rounds, none for the last 80 rounds through each of them except erratic ejection that finally broke my glasses after hitting twice my forehead and much more my white shirt ( Note to self, when you are not shooting your favorite 10mm that has a tuned ejector, do not wear anything white)

Looks like they needed all a break in.
I am still less satisfied than with my P 99 or my Steyr M9 for the time being.
Most dissatisfaction comes from the rear sight not up to the accuracy of the pistol.
Old 10-11-2010

I am working the bugs out on mines, I had a talk with someone working there today. Looks like my posts ignited a reaction, they agree totally on the rear sight. for the other points, Insh'Allah. ;-)

Click on the thumbnails

Old 10-11-2010

Old 10-11-2010

Old 10-12-2010

Default I see you used models with standard sights?

The Quicksights model are much better, I have to agree...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 10-13-2010

I'll test them as well. I never sold something that I did not test first.
Old 10-18-2010

I finely tuned the extractor by ramping the lower inside face in order for the case head to slide smoothly in place and I modified the angle of the ejector face (I wish I had more material to start with), the modified pistol now runs like a swiss clock.
Old 10-20-2010

Default Re: We've had them since quite a while here in Italy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie

P.S.: if you want to add a full description to the pictures archive, along with these pics, you can use the Wikipedia article. I wrote it.

Oh really?

# (corr | prec) 20:07, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (721 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 17:32, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (699 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:55, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (676 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:53, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (673 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:31, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (696 byte) (→Caracal F) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:19, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (692 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 15:17, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (550 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 15:04, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (541 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:52, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (513 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:48, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (447 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:44, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) m (349 byte) (typo) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:43, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (349 byte) (Articolo nuovo)
Old 10-20-2010

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)

Hi Ed, how have you been?

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 10-21-2010

Talking CARACAL article on Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond
Oh really?

# (corr | prec) 20:07, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (721 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 17:32, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (699 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:55, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (676 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:53, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (673 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:31, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (696 byte) (→Caracal F) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 16:19, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (692 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 15:17, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (550 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 15:04, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (541 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:52, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (513 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:48, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (447 byte) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:44, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) m (349 byte) (typo) (annulla)
# (corr | prec) 14:43, 6 mar 2008 Quickload (Discussione | contributi) (349 byte) (Articolo nuovo)

"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack