This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 04-22-2006
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default Buy/sell section?

TJ--
You'd stated before we were going to have a section for people to buy/sell firearms, parts, and other stuff-- is that still in the plans?
Due to medical bills and family issues (llike being disowned) I've gotta sell a couple of my firearms and was hoping to advertise them here. Nothing class three or questionable-- a Longmaster VT, beretta ultralight O/U, a pro-carry II, and a P22.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 04-22-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Unhappy Buy/Sell section...

Huge f*****g problems, Armorer, sorry to hear that

My brother has been hospitalized for Leukemia since last July up to January, so I know what medical cares can be like (not about medical bills, thank "God" here in Italy medical assistance is public and free of charge).

TJ should have no problems in putting up a Buy/Sell section on the board, FACT IS that the major cons in the new layout is that it virtually keeps at bay not only the molesters ("I sell kidney", etc.), but also the random visitors that might be interested in firearms purchase. Not to mention that such advertisement -MIGHT- call the attention of the Feds (ah!, the painstaking keepers of America!). Don't you have any other means to sell your guns away? Putting an Ad in a website like this might get you under undesired spotlights, selling via Gunsamerica etc. would be the best...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 04-22-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorer
TJ--
You'd stated before we were going to have a section for people to buy/sell firearms, parts, and other stuff-- is that still in the plans?
Due to medical bills and family issues (llike being disowned) I've gotta sell a couple of my firearms and was hoping to advertise them here. Nothing class three or questionable-- a Longmaster VT, beretta ultralight O/U, a pro-carry II, and a P22.

Yes there will be a classifieds section but it's not ready yet. Hopefully everything will be in place by teh end of March. In the meantime just post an ad here if you want. There just isn't much traffic right now. Each of you needs to invite 10 friends to the board and then have them bring on ten more each. In a short time the place will be a lot more active and interesting for every one.
Old 04-22-2006
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer

Thank you Pierangelo-- I've managed to keep tidbits in now and then on your brother and wish the best to you and yours.

TJ--
I'm getting a list together of people to send invites to already-- I'd like to see more viable options for folks. Don't forget, I may have lurked here for ages, but it was looking for blank firing m16 for that movie that got me to post. So-- my FX boss will definitely be signing up in a few days.
I am going to be setting up sales for the weapons through my buddy and broker, Capel of 18westfirearms.com. It'll be cheaper in the long run for me to have him sell them on comission and give him a few bucks on the side rather than register new accounts on auction sites (gunbroker, auctionarms, gunsamerica, etc.) and pay posting fees and shipping.
Once those auctions are up, I'll post links.

Bummer the procarry is my only 1911 and i'm left with a case of .45 and .17mach2. My hope is if I get a full time teaching position at one of the three universities I teach at, then I'll be soluble by the end of August. Once I get my teknys back from beretta I'll be selling that too. Again, thank you both.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 04-22-2006
Administrator

Once the site is fully optomized there will be much more traffic than it already gets. We are working on a pixel click prize of ........get this.......are you ready?........

Wait for it....

.Here it comes....

$1,000,000
Yup you read it right. If you click on the lucky pixel on your screen you will get the grand prize. You can only try once a day but it will be sitting there just waiting for the lucky click for you to try every day. If we can't do it for that amount we will have a smaller cash prize but we want to get it up as high as possible. Lots more neat stuff too.
Old 04-22-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Once the site is fully optomized there will be much more traffic than it already gets. We are working on a pixel click prize of ........get this.......are you ready?..........
$1,000,000
Yup you read it right. If you click on the lucky pixel on your screen you will get the grand prize. You can only try once a day but it will be sitting there just waiting for the lucky click for you to try every day. If we can't do it for that amount we will have a smaller cash prize but we want to get it up as high as possible. Lots more neat stuff too.

Are you saying there will be one pixel on a picture in the archives that is worth a million dollars?

one, out of however many billion pixels?

There goes all my free time.

Will it be the same pixel all the time, or is it like, randomly selected each day? And is it really a single pixel, or just a small section of a pic?
Old 04-23-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
end of March. .

Old 04-23-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
Are you saying there will be one pixel on a picture in the archives that is worth a million dollars?

one, out of however many billion pixels?

There goes all my free time.

Will it be the same pixel all the time, or is it like, randomly selected each day? And is it really a single pixel, or just a small section of a pic?

No, it will be one pixel on one screen not the whole site. There will be many other sections in addition to the firearms archive so everyone will go to the same screen to take their shot at it.
Old 04-23-2006

Default $$$ !!! :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Once the site is fully optomized there will be much more traffic than it already gets. We are working on a pixel click prize of ........get this.......are you ready?........ $1,000,000

Will the prize be payable to foreigners?
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 04-23-2006

Yes, although it will be one million old lira, should you win.