This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 06-13-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Thumbs down The USA is NOT starting well...

...its performance at the FIFA 2006 Soccer World Cup.
Ass-kicked by Czech Republic on its first match and on the right way to elimination. 'Cause, HEY, okay, you have to meet with Ghana, but first (6/17) you gonna meet US...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 06-13-2006 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
...its performance at the FIFA 2006 Soccer World Cup.
Ass-kicked by Czech Republic on its first match and on the right way to elimination. 'Cause, HEY, okay, you have to meet with Ghana, but first (6/17) you gonna meet US...

I don't think the U.S, was ever known for being a powerhouse in the sport of soccer. Must be something about the faggy shorts and knee socks that keeps the he-men disinterested.
Old 06-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
I don't think the U.S, was ever known for being a powerhouse in the sport of soccer. Must be something about the faggy shorts and knee socks that keeps the he-men disinterested.

Roger on that... especially seeing HOW McBride and Reyna look like in soccer fit...

Anyway, I think this puts a sharp end to the quarrels about immigration, whether it's good or not for the modern-day USA and what to do with illegal aliens: hiring South-American immigrants in your national soccer team might be the only way you have to perform decently at the World Cup...
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 06-13-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-13-2006
Administrator

Default Actually.......

I actually think that soccer and Rugby are two of the most he-manly sports out there. Lots of running, shoving, kicking and crashing about all without the body armor that the pussified football players wrap themselves up in
Old 06-13-2006
Super Moderator

But you know, I have to wonder who would win if there was an Football World Cup...

Or not.
Old 06-13-2006

Default Rugby!

Soccer is for over-paid poofta's - Rugby is the sport of real men, ahhh yes many a time I've had the shit knocked from me playing that wonderful game. The sudden sense of doom you feel when some huuuuge mofo comes charging towards you and you think to yourself 'yup, this is going to really hurt'. You don't see Rugby riots do you, the players respect the referee, call him 'Sir' and any person stupid enough to invade the pitch gets an arsehole invasion from a size 10 rugby boot . I haven't played Rugby for years, shame that.
Old 06-13-2006

Send a message via AIM to Chahta

According to polls (& you know how that goes) roughly 90% of Americans couldn't care less about soccer. Most see it as a European game and have no desire to take part in it.
Old 06-13-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahta
According to polls (& you know how that goes) roughly 90% of Americans couldn't care less about soccer. Most see it as a European game and have no desire to take part in it.

I don't know who they are polling but around here a lot more kids play soccer then play baseball. I suspect the same may be true in a lot of other parts of the country too.
Old 06-13-2006

The only aspect of soccer I dislike is the soccer moms. Unless they're MILFy, and not getting the "attentions" they need, and are divorced. And those are few and far between.

Otherwise, I'm neutral about sports in general.
Old 06-18-2006

Default Well, well, well...

Italy-USA : 1-1. I have seen the entire match, and have to admit that those American players made us sweat a bit (the goal for the USA was actually an auto-goal). The major problem with your national soccer team is that they put it too much on the physical plan and neglect the tecnical and tactical plan; soccer is not like football or rugby, if you tackle an opponent in THAT way, you get expelled from the playground.
Otherwise, nice game. No, really it was. I take my hat off to your national soccer team players (they're still in the last position in the roster, while Italy is 1st anyway...).