This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 07-14-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Brits, Brits, Brits again...

Our common "friend" BACON GUY would say that "n00bs never learn". They are now confiscating KNIVES nationwide. Like criminals will surrender it.

I have sent them this comment:
"I am Italian, and I am a strong supporter of the right of the citizens of being armed. The -MAIN- mistake of UK, if you ask me, was done after the Dunblane shooting, confiscating guns of law-abiding citizens. When your law-makers will wake up and see that disarming population is only equal to create a cattle of unarmed victims for criminals? The crime rate in UK has not diminished after the gun bans, and will not diminish after knife amnesty; only the law-abiding citizens will surrender theirs, and will remain the more and more defenceless against criminals, who will -NOT- give away their knives just like they have -NOT- given away their guns (remember that after the gun bans, the crime has just INCREASED in the UK, as criminals find more easy targets). Not only this will not work, but people in the UK will remain easy targets for criminals unless their right to keep arms will be restored as it was before the Dunblane and Hungerford shootings (as I understand, certain UK territories as the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland have NOT followed the gun ban/confiscations madness, and as a result the crime has NOT increased there)."

I'll wait to see if they will have the balls to publish it.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 07-14-2006 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-14-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default My God

The UK is fucking retarded. Confiscating knives ?!!?!?!?
Whats next, walking sticks and broom handles?

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 07-14-2006

Default Fact is...

...that as long as they will trust the Police to "suggest" what's good and what's not for civilians to have in order to "ensure public peace" and "make Police work easier", next they will ban:
#1: All tools whatsoever (not only them can be used to assault, but think about chainsaws and other tools of work, such GRUUUUESOME incidents can occur with them!).
#2: All privately-owned vehicles (less cars around, less road accidents).
#3: All gas and fuel containers (can be used to prepare bombs and set fires, but can also be dangerous in case of an incident!).
#4: Fertilizers.
#5: Baseball bats, cricket bats, tennis raquets, etc.
#6: Whatever else enters your mind, feel free to add. I suggest privately-owned computers (to get rid of informatic crime), rolled-up newspapers, and hot water.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 07-14-2006

Exclamation Can I keep my fork?

Following that thread, one day they'll confiscate my spoon.

It's another prove that criminals are on power. Every ban is made to prevent criminals injuries while at work. Safety for criminals. Human rights for the criminals. Better prison conditions for the criminals. And so on...
I'm disgusted and powerless. I feel politically raped (again).

P.S. - P.T. add matches to your list. I can make a very good boooom with them.
... .. -. -.-
Old 07-15-2006

Thumbs down As I had thought...

...they didn't published my comment. Yet, the article has been updated and seems that the Brits were so fucking moronic that they have "surrendered to the police over 100'000 KNIVES". Fuck. I have read in some comment, in the same thread, a woman saying "I know girls who carry knives for protection against sexual assaults, how does police hopes that they will ever surrender them?". If the Brits are so fucking retards not to get THIS point that's as big as a house...

Old 07-15-2006

Default Blame the press, then the police.

The Dunblane incident provoked a knee-jerk reaction, perpetuated by the press and then demanded by the Police which forced the Government to concede and toughen the already tough Firearms Act. The current anti-knife Ďcampaigní is once against a knee-jerk reaction as the result of a bunch of people being murdered and once again the press being sensationalists (who have no moral values and are simply interesting in selling more copies and making more money) and the Police who if it was up to them would put us all in prison just in case we committed a crime, but only if you were a white, male Christian because that would be abusing some ethnic minorities human rights.

The issue isnít knives, guns or any such thing; itís the fact that we have a crap Police service incapable of doing their job, and a justice system incapable of punishing criminals. The vast majority of people in Britain are more then capable of handling a gun or a knife without having the sudden uncontrollable urge to murder someone with it. The Police should take a zero-tolerance attitude towards criminals of any age, if you are going to pack a weapon and start waving it around, you get a gunshot wound to the head Ė it would soon stop becoming so bloody fashionable to carry a weapon if your scum criminal mates were getting extra breathing holes care of the Constabulary.

My country has turned into a major fucking hippy magnet, so up its own arse over political correctness it is absurd, we have action groups such as Liberty which seem to object to EVERYTHING quoting human right abuses. Whatís worse is after signing that utterly stupid European Human Rights Charter we are legally obliged to comply to all sort of stupid regulations, all the EU does is force us to follow stupid laws and leach money off us to fund lazy money grabbing countries.
Old 07-15-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

This is insane. I mean off the wall straight jacket institutional insanity. Britain has now effectively banned something found in every single household on earth.

If there was ever proof positive of a slippery slope of weapons regulations, this is it. I just can't imagine where this came from. Sure, they bitch about a wave of knife crime... But hell, V for Vendetta was out recently too. Maybe some police jackass saw it and got scared a clever person armed with knives could best police officers or worse yet... make them look stupid. Better ban something that's in every home then just to be safe. (Yes, V was a graphic novel long before, but I doubt many of those making these decisions read.)

Anyway, that does give me an unoriginal idea. Maybe somewhere early in November everyone in the country who is alarmed by this state of affairs should wear a mask. Now, Lord knows there are likely too many people for it to be any one kind of mask mind you. But still... this cannot be representing the average person with the British government doing this.

Last edited by JCoyote : 07-16-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-15-2006

Default You know what would be really cool?

I like to see some Brits start carrying some battery powered power tools around. You know like drills, saws, etc. Watch some mugger get his fingers sawed off by one of these babies
then stand back and watch the next round of confiscations.
Old 07-15-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

I can just imagine... a bunch of little old ladies...

"We were just sitting down for afternoon tea... And this hooligan accosted us demanding our club's gold inlaid broaches. Well, seeing such an alarming display of poor manners at such a civilized pasttime, Agnes simply lost her temper and threw a cucumber sandwich at him."

Officer: "Do you have a license for those sandwiches, Agnes? We're going to have to take her over to headquarters for processing."

(OK, I'm not using an english speaking style at the moment and I know it. Sorry. But you get the idea.)

I'm wondering what they think of people preparing food in their own homes. Are restaurants going to have to get licenses? A good chef's knife is close to a short sword and well designed for stabbing, slashing, and chopping. Then again, cooking is such a brutal pasttime. Honestly, it involves the mutilation of the corpses of dead animals. That's something those Satannists do, isn't it? And worse, if it doesn't involve that, it involves the slaughter of plants, the very organisms that gift us with the air we breath. How barbaric! And besides, cooking only encourages knife play and trains people to use these weapons to become killing machines. Obviously, food preparation, and any activity involved therein, including harvesting and consumption, should be outright banned.

Old 07-16-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBayonet
The issue isnít knives, guns or any such thing; itís the fact that we have a crap Police service incapable of doing their job.

YOU SAID IT! Your Police doesn't even CARRIES GUNS ON DUTY! How do you expect they will be able to stop violent crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
I'm wondering what they think of people preparing food in their own homes. Are restaurants going to have to get licenses? A good chef's knife is close to a short sword and well designed for stabbing, slashing, and chopping. Then again, cooking is such a brutal pasttime. Honestly, it involves the mutilation of the corpses of dead animals. That's something those Satannists do, isn't it? And worse, if it doesn't involve that, it involves the slaughter of plants, the very organisms that gift us with the air we breath. How barbaric! And besides, cooking only encourages knife play and trains people to use these weapons to become killing machines. Obviously, food preparation, and any activity involved therein, including harvesting and consumption, should be outright banned.

If you follow the link I posted, you will see a major point by two or three persons who commented: the Police in England, Whales and Scotland is putting up an "Amnesty" and "Confiscation" on something that is NOT EVEN ILLEGAL OR BANNED! Yes, you understood well! NO LAW IN UK HAS BANNED OR OTHERWISE MADE ILLEGAL IN ANY WAY THE KNIVES THAT THE POLICE IS CONFISCATING NATIONWIDE! IT IS SIMPLY AN AUTONOMOUS, ARBITRARIAN POLICE MOVE! And even if they would outlaw those "politically incorrect" knives like pocket utility-defense knives or hunting knives, they could NEVER EVER ban kitchen knives... which makes the entire "Amnesty" and "Confiscation" pretty moronic. People should answer a big NO and then go protesting in the streets paralysing the Country like the miners did during the Government of the cock-sucker Margaret Thatcher, asking for their gun rights to be re-established as them where back before the Dunblane and Hungerford shootings.