This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

  #1  
Old 07-26-2006
PT-The Italian Commie's Avatar
PT-The Italian Commie PT-The Italian Commie is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sardinia, Italy
Posts: 2,611
Default So here's the explaination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
I use Kaspersky anti-virus and the virus was in my "Temporary Internet Files".

Mozilla Firefox keeps no "Temporary Internet Files". It doesn't even keeps cookies if you don't order it explicitly to; and anyway, it deletes everything when you finish the surfing session and close it. By the way, I scanned the thing with my AVG two times between yesterday and today and there was nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
If it hasn't already been done, nuke him. This crap isn't allowed.

Hey, UZI, why just don't bomb them with air-to-surface missiles like the f*****g IAF willingly did with the UN observers' post in southern Lebanon yesterday killing four Blue Helmets just for the sake of eliminating witnesses of their indiscriminate air raids over civilian targets?
__________________
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2006
JCoyote JCoyote is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Choctaw, OK
Posts: 615
Send a message via AIM to JCoyote
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Hey, UZI, why just don't bomb them with air-to-surface missiles like the f*****g IAF willingly did with the UN observers' post in southern Lebanon yesterday killing four Blue Helmets just for the sake of eliminating witnesses of their indiscriminate air raids over civilian targets?

Nice. Even the U.N. isn't done investigating, and Anaan jumped to a conclusion right away.

Apparently someone else somewhere has jumped to a conclusion about WHY it would have been done. Was it you or the person feeding you your news? That kind of statement about motivation lands in the realm of conspiracy theories PT and you know it.

What if I went and said what were the UN observers there to observe other than to sit around on their ass and watch Hezbollah launch rockets for decades? It would also be pretty inflammatory and narrow viewed wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2006
PT-The Italian Commie's Avatar
PT-The Italian Commie PT-The Italian Commie is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sardinia, Italy
Posts: 2,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
Nice. Even the U.N. isn't done investigating, and Anaan jumped to a conclusion right away.

Wrong. The UN -IS- investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
Apparently someone else somewhere has jumped to a conclusion about WHY it would have been done. Was it you or the person feeding you your news? That kind of statement about motivation lands in the realm of conspiracy theories PT and you know it.

Statement of the UN Secretary General, that's just like saying that it's the official version of the UN. Which I tend to believe it better than any Israeli, Hezbollah or Lebanese feeds, since the UN are not taking part in conflict, while Israel, Hezbollah and Lebanon are and so can not be impartial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
What if I went and said what were the UN observers there to observe other than to sit around on their ass and watch Hezbollah launch rockets for decades? It would also be pretty inflammatory and narrow viewed wouldn't it?

You said it, the UN observers where there TO OBSERVE, period. There's nowhere written that the world has to militarly defend Israel since it has the capabilities to do it by itself, while, as for an example, LEBANON has to be protected because it has a weak defense system (even the Lebanese PM has admitted that the reason why he doesn't launches the Lebanese Army against the Hezbollah is that "the Hezbollahs are military superior to the entire Lebanese Army" and this would lead to a new civil war).

It would eb a good move from PM Olmert, to say, to admit their responsibility and apologize, not to mention stopping all military operations in the area. Also he should accept (what he isn't prone to do) the international interposition force in southern Lebanon to be composed by UN BLUE HELMETS. The official position of Israel is that they want NATO troops, but the position of all European countries exception made for the UK is that, should the international interposition force be composed by anything else but UN Blue Helmets, they will refuse to send troops. That means that they will be left ass-on-the-ground, because the USA are -NOT- sending more troops in another area of the middle east playing clay pidgeons again.
The ONLY possible solution for the middle-eastern crisis is that Israel returns to the 1967 borders and accepts, supports and encourages the creation of a sovereign, independent Palestinian state. PERIOD.
__________________
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack


Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 07-26-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2006
JCoyote JCoyote is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Choctaw, OK
Posts: 615
Send a message via AIM to JCoyote
Default

New record PT, you misread, misinterpreted, or mistranslated every single thing I wrote.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2006
PT-The Italian Commie's Avatar
PT-The Italian Commie PT-The Italian Commie is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sardinia, Italy
Posts: 2,611
Red face Well, seems that we were all wrong.

By the moment I am writing now, there's a press conference going on as a closure for the peace talks that took place between yesterday and today in Rome, hosted by the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Massimo D'Alema, and participated by the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Kofi Annan, the Lebanese PM, Mr. Fuad Siniora, and the US Secretary of State, Mrs. Condoleeza Rice.
Questioned by an Israeli journalist in regards of his statements, Mr. Kofi Annan has clarified that he has talked about the attack "SEEMING wilful", not "SURELY wilful". Fact is that the attack to the UN observation post (which is there since more than 10 years and is clearly indicated on all civilian and military maps, is well known to all the military and civilian authorities of the parts in conflict including Israel, and is also clearly indicated by signals and UN flags) has started since the early morning, about 9 a.m., and ended after 19:30 p.m., when the UNPROFOR headquarters lost contact with it. By the entire time, the Blue Helmets therein had several radio contacts with the Israeli troops and pointed many times during the day that they were bombing an UN post; nonetheless, the attack continued until its tragic conclusion. Despite the fact that an -ITALIAN- UN observer, Captain ROBERTO PUNZO of the Italian Army, had been wounded last Sunday (7/23) by the explosion of an Israeli bomb nearby his observation post and is now hospitalised in Haifa, the Israelis have disregarded so far to avoid launching strikes in the vicinities of UN observation posts. This will have to be investigated.

And, as for my "misinterpretation of every single word" of yours, there is NO such thing as MISINTERPRETATION in the world... only PERSONAL INTERPRETATION based on each one's personal, political, religious beliefs...

I want out of this discussion, should be in the Political board, blah, blah. What I say is: if you are at home find out that there's a sniper shooting at you from the building in front of you, you are fully legitimated to grab your rifle and shoot HIM, but you have NO RIGHT to blow out the entire block to get rid of him. That's why the entire world (except the USA, which however, heard what Mrs. Rice has said to the press conference, seems like getting on line with the rest of the planet) is RIGHT to say that Israeli reaction is out of proportion, and thus risks to become an UN-LEGITIMATE aggression.
__________________
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack


Last edited by PT-The Italian Commie : 07-26-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2006
TJ's Avatar
TJ TJ is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 564
Default Correct...this is in the wrong section

Too bad about the UN Observers. Since 2000 of them have been there for almost THIRTY YEARS and have done absolutely nothing to enforce the demiliterization of southern Lebanon it obvious the Izzys probably figured that they were not even there to begin with. THAT IS WHAT THIS INVESTIGATION SHOULD BE ABOUT. If the UN so-called observers had been doing their fucking job to begin with none of this would have even happened. Instead they just sat and observed as the bollas set up their rocket launchers and fired away. Not a peep out of the fucking UN except to critize Isreal for shooting back. Skrew them and the camels they rode in on. I don't give a damn what their nationality was or is.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2006
Mk23 Mk23 is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 320
Default Mmhmm...

'if you are at home find out that there's a sniper shooting at you from the building in front of you, you are fully legitimated to grab your rifle and shoot HIM, but you have NO RIGHT to blow out the entire block to get rid of him.'



I submit that PT be barred from ANY form of military command or leadership in Neo Sparta.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-26-2006
TJ's Avatar
TJ TJ is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk23
'if you are at home find out that there's a sniper shooting at you from the building in front of you, you are fully legitimated to grab your rifle and shoot HIM, but you have NO RIGHT to blow out the entire block to get rid of him.'

I submit that PT be barred from ANY form of military command or leadership in Neo Sparta.

PT will be the Sparta delegate to the UN. which will not be located in Sparta by the way. If they vote to send in UN observors anywhere he can be the one to go.

The point about ONE sniper is a good one. However it looks like there is considerably more than ONE sniper and they are armed with things other than rifles. Also evidence shows that true to rag head terrorist form they are setting up fire missions from the middle of neighborhoods, school yards and any other place they can hide behind civilians. All under the watchful eye of the omnipresent UN observers by the way. What a crock.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2006
UZI4U's Avatar
UZI4U UZI4U is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas.
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Hey, UZI, why just don't bomb them with air-to-surface missiles like the f*****g IAF willingly did with the UN observers' post in southern Lebanon yesterday killing four Blue Helmets just for the sake of eliminating witnesses of their indiscriminate air raids over civilian targets?

Congratulations on an excellent thread hijack, and you did it without boxcutters too. Remind me to take everything back I said in support of your five-million "This is a firearms board, not politics!" posts.

And I really don't give a shit about the opinions of a whiney assed European sitting on a college campus whose biggest worry is the toppings on his next pizza while members of my family are having area-effect anti-personnel rockets land in their backyards in Haifa.


It was an accident, nothing more and nothing less. Warzones are little more than chaos and now and then triggers are pulled, bombs are dropped and missiles are launched when they shouldn't be. Have a look at the major causes of casualties in Desert Storm sometime, maybe you'll get some grasp of what war is actually like.

There are 1,950 UNIFIL observers in Lebanon. Four have died in a single incident since the war began. If we didn't want UNIFIL watching, there would be a great many more of them dead by now. Believe me when I say it is within our abilities.

Also, there have been 257 members of UNIFIL killed by Hezbollah, where is your damnation for them?



Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Statement of the UN Secretary General, that's just like saying that it's the official version of the UN. Which I tend to believe it better than any Israeli, Hezbollah or Lebanese feeds,

Because we all know it was the Israeli prime ministers son who skimmed billions of dollars of the Oil For Food program. It was the Israeli prime minister himself who sent 'peacekeepers' to the Congo to rape pre-teen girls en masse. It was the Israeli prime minister who ignored Darfur while the mass graves stacked up deep enough that it'll be a good place to drill for oil in 10,000 years.

Quote:
since the UN are not taking part in conflict, while Israel, Hezbollah and Lebanon are and so can not be impartial.

Here's a nice example of the UN not taking part in the conflict:




Quote:
You said it, the UN observers where there TO OBSERVE, period. There's nowhere written that the world has to militarly defend Israel since it has the capabilities to do it by itself,

And when the hell have we asked them to do anything besides not provide direct support for Hezbollah?

Quote:
while, as for an example, LEBANON has to be protected because it has a weak defense system

By that standard Iraq should have been protected in 1991.

Afghanistan should have been protected in 2002.

Iraq should have been protected in 2003.

And Italy should have been protected in 1944.

Oh... Wait... Now I see where you're going with this.

Quote:
It would eb a good move from PM Olmert, to say, to admit their responsibility and apologize,

Which he did.

Quote:
not to mention stopping all military operations in the area.

That way your friends in Hezbollah get a chance to rebuild and dig in.

Quote:
Also he should accept (what he isn't prone to do) the international interposition force in southern Lebanon to be composed by UN BLUE HELMETS.

Oh gee, nothing like that has ever been attempted before! It's not like the UN sent peacekeepers into Lebanon in 1978 or anything! Any such operation would be guaranteed to work!

Quote:
The official position of Israel is that they want NATO troops, but the position of all European countries exception made for the UK is that, should the international interposition force be composed by anything else but UN Blue Helmets, they will refuse to send troops.

Oh, My, Gawd! Europe, which was unable to defeat itself in two wars without outside help, is going to refuse to send troops! It's the end of the world!

Quote:
That means that they will be left ass-on-the-ground, because the USA are -NOT- sending more troops in another area of the middle east playing clay pidgeons again.

Because G-d knows the only members of NATO are Italy, France, Germany, Spain and the United States.

Quote:
The ONLY possible solution for the middle-eastern crisis is that Israel returns to the 1967 borders

Because as we can all see the Arabs were perfectly happy with the 1967 borders. It's not like they started a war or two over it or anything.

Quote:
and accepts, supports and encourages the creation of a sovereign, independent Palestinian state. PERIOD.

Because it isn't like Israel ever gave Gaza over to the Palistinians, only to have them use it to kidnap and murder Israelis. What would make one think a silly thing like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Questioned by an Israeli journalist in regards of his statements, Mr. Kofi Annan has clarified that he has talked about the attack "SEEMING wilful", not "SURELY wilful".

What? You mean you automatically blamed Israel in an incident before getting all the facts? NO! How could that possibly be?

Quote:
Fact is that the attack to the UN observation post (which is there since more than 10 years and is clearly indicated on all civilian and military maps, is well known to all the military and civilian authorities of the parts in conflict including Israel,

As opposed to a certain Chinese embassy that had been there for years, was marked on all civilian and military maps and was well know?

What? You mean accidents can happen? Say it isn't so!


Quote:
and is also clearly indicated by signals and UN flags)

Remind us again PT, how many times have you identified a 3x5 flag from a jet fighter at 30,000 feet going 600mph?

Quote:
has started since the early morning, about 9 a.m., and ended after 19:30 p.m.,

No 'attack' by the IAF lasts that long, it would be a complete waste of effort, considering that such an outpost could be totally wiped out in 15 minutes.

If they had been trying to intentionally attack UNIFIL for 10 hours, 30 minutes, there wouldn't be a UNIFIL anymore.

Quote:
By the entire time, the Blue Helmets therein had several radio contacts with the Israeli troops and pointed many times during the day that they were bombing an UN post;

First, you haven't shown any proof of that.

Second, United States military forces, the most advanced in the world, have often been under attack by their own aircover for hours, despite having radios and codes designed to contact and direct other US military assets.

UNIFIL is a totally different military with different radios, different ID codes and speak a different language, how is it surprising that the IDF/IAF had a hard time figuring out exactly what the hell they were talking about, and a hard time getting it up the chain of command?

Quote:
nonetheless, the attack continued until its tragic conclusion.

If that tragic conclusion had been the IAFs intentional objective at 0900, it would have been reached by 0915.

The fact you claim it took over ten hours to put a single missile on a stationary target automatically makes your claims that it was intentional nothing more than a joke.

Quote:
Despite the fact that an -ITALIAN- UN observer, Captain ROBERTO PUNZO of the Italian Army, had been wounded last Sunday (7/23) by the explosion of an Israeli bomb nearby his observation post and is now hospitalised in Haifa,

And guess whose hospital he's being treated by, by whose doctors.

And guess who is going to foot the bill for it?

Quote:
the Israelis have disregarded so far to avoid launching strikes in the vicinities of UN observation posts.

Maybe if the UN didn't let Hezbollah operate right next to its observation posts, as mentioned in official UN reports shortly before this incident, Israel wouldn't have to be launching strikes in the same areas as UN outposts?


Quote:
I want out of this discussion, should be in the Political board, blah, blah.

Translation: "Mama mia! I fooked up by whackin' 'dis here hornets nest wit' a big 'ole stick wid'out havin' all me facts right!"

Quote:
What I say is: if you are at home find out that there's a sniper shooting at you from the building in front of you, you are fully legitimated to grab your rifle and shoot HIM, but you have NO RIGHT to blow out the entire block to get rid of him.

And thus if our cities are having steel rained on them by rockets being launched from the buildings in that block, we must leave the whole place alone, to avoid angering Europeans, and getting a harshly worded letter over it. It might even include the word "naughty"! Oy vey, what shall we do!

Quote:
That's why the entire world (except the USA, which however, heard what Mrs. Rice has said to the press conference, seems like getting on line with the rest of the planet) is RIGHT to say that Israeli reaction is out of proportion, and thus risks to become an UN-LEGITIMATE aggression.

When someone, someday starts raining rockets into Naples and Turin, killing your countrymen, man, woman and child alike, I'm going to really enjoy telling you to "restrain" yourself, that you have "no right" to fight back, unless you do it with your pinky toe in the exact way I tell you. And any time there is the slightest messup by the Italian army, I'm going to be gleeful with joy as I accuse them of doing it intentionally. When your enemies break their agreements and commit crimes against your people, I'm going to say you caused it by not giving them enough land, money, women, beer, theme park tickets or whatever other reason I want.

And I'm going to enjoy every second of it, it's a karma you've been adding to for two thousand years, and when it returns to you, payback is going to be a bitch.

Damn you, and damn your Europe, you've caused more wars, death and destruction than the rest of the world combined, and then you have the chutzpah to criticize others for whole conflicts with fewer innocents harmed than any single battle in your history?

So sorry, but your opinions, advice and help mean less to me than the foreskin I can never even remember having.

Last edited by UZI4U : 07-27-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2006
PT-The Italian Commie's Avatar
PT-The Italian Commie PT-The Italian Commie is offline
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sardinia, Italy
Posts: 2,611
Angry Hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-23
I submit that PT be barred from ANY form of military command or leadership in Neo Sparta.

Never said I'd want a command position of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
Because G-d knows the only members of NATO are Italy, France, Germany, Spain and the United States.

No, there are many other, new members, eastern-Europe countries which are either still too much tied to Russia or desperately trying to enter the EU. One way or another, one word from Bruzelles or Moscow, and USA and Israel are left alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
No 'attack' by the IAF lasts that long, it would be a complete waste of effort, considering that such an outpost could be totally wiped out in 15 minutes.

They artillery-bombed the place for hours before the IAF airstrike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
UNIFIL is a totally different military with different radios, different ID codes and speak a different language.

They have the Israeli, Lebanese, Syrian and American radio frequences to get in touch if necessary, and them all know English. Don't clutch at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
And guess whose hospital he's being treated by, by whose doctors. And guess who is going to foot the bill for it?

The minimum they can do, since THEY wounded him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
Maybe if the UN didn't let Hezbollah operate right next to its observation posts, as mentioned in official UN reports shortly before this incident, Israel wouldn't have to be launching strikes in the same areas as UN outposts?

Maybe if the USA wouldn't have vetoed at the UN Security Council to autorize the UN observers to the use of force to defend themselves, maybe they would have done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
When someone, someday starts raining rockets into Naples and Turin, killing your countrymen, man, woman and child alike, I'm going to really enjoy telling you to "restrain" yourself, that you have "no right" to fight back, unless you do it with your pinky toe in the exact way I tell you.

I repeat, if somebody bombs us from Albania, we get our jet fighters on air and bomb HIM, we don't blow up entire Albania unless it's Albania itself officially waging war to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U
So sorry, but your opinions, advice and help mean less to me than the foreskin I can never even remember having.

Not that I had expected anything else from somebody who supports what has so far stopped being a justified and reasonable "police" and defense operation and has become an outright and unlegitimate attack to a sovereign Country that has no control nor ties with the terrorist group that should be the target of the ops. Hence why I am outta this thread.
__________________
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SecurityArms.com 1995 - 2009