This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-08-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default OK...I'm a little confused

Tyler,

Do you watch things like UFC, or is violence wrong? I, for one, don't watch it- or anything else since I don't have a TV that gets broadcasts (only connected to a DVD player). But it sounds like you- in spite of your distaste for violence and superior intellect- do watch it. Don't you think that's odd, for someone who professes to be above things like that? You mock people who practice self-defense, but then you turn around and revel in recreational fighting. It strikes me as something a heartless, reichwing, racist, xenophobic hatemonger would enjoy...

Quote:
A simple finger pull is enough to shut down any animal.

Is that why people say "Hey- pull my finger!"?

Do I sound like I live in fear? Obviously, I don't- but I'd love for you to visit KM Philly, or PJC (the Judo dojo I attend) and call ANYONE a pussy. We have 90-pound teenage girls who could make you shriek for mercy within 3 seconds. Of course you've never been attacked, partly because you live in a rural community where livestock likely outnumber people. Also, you've obviously been hiding in mommy's basement your entire life playing with Lego (and who knows what else). Conversely, I live in the middle of one of the largest cities in the country, where a man is foolish to be unable to defend himself or his loved ones. Is that why you hate me- because I'm not an easy mark like you?

But I do have to thank you for unwittingly providing us with yet another howler...

Quote:
The reason humans rule the earth is not their physical prowess but the size of their brains.

Not that opposable thumbs have anything to do with it- by your "reasoning", whales and elephants should rule the world...

Keep 'em coming, buddy! You're a laugh a minute. The angrier you get, the deeper you descend into unintentional self-parody.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.

Last edited by Bacon Guy : 08-08-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Boy....

I love to see a keyboard commando preaching about how obsolete" a martial art form is. Because I'm sure Tyler is a fucking expert in unarmed combat. Bacon, have you ever studied any Kung Fu or JKD?

I've recently been picking up a bit of Akido and drilling in some JKD just to refresh my memory.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-08-2006

Default Nope...

I got into Judo primarily as a way of getting out of the mandatory team sports at the school I was sent to, but a number of years ago I took some Aikido classes after reading that it may be helpful in avoiding injury when thrown in Judo, or even in the event of a motorcycle crash, as I was getting into 600cc supersport racing at the time.

It wasn't- I got 2 hangman's fractures- C2 and C3, and I'm lucky to be alive much less mobile and healthy.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 08-08-2006
Administrator

We do have a martial arts section for you nimrods to post your testostrone heavy combat threads in. Don't make me come out there and open up a can of whupass on the whole bunch of ya. I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows and that was only 1/10th of what I could have. He couldn't take any more than that.
Old 08-08-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default If only.....

....old uncle Chuck could act as well as he fights.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-09-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
I've been known to enjoy watching UFC,(back when Hoyt Gracie was king) just like I enjoy watching the train wrecks in here. If two consenting people want to beat each other up, far be it from me to tell them they can't.

And if you want to fill the role of a crash test dummy and ram yourself into a cyber brick wall at 70mph, far be it from me to tell you not to do it.

Quote:
And there are other places in the country where you can safely walk around and not be "on alert" all the time.

Anyone who thinks this is a complete fool. Survival, in all situations, violent or not, depends on being alert. Situational awareness determines survival. Don't believe me? Try taking a nap while driving.

Anyone who thinks they can go around in public without being 'on alert' is begging for a Darwin award. Natural selection demands it.

And let me see if I understand this trainwreck of thought, in your view:

#1 Guns make people violent.

#2 Thus people who own guns are violent.

#3 America has the highest percentage of gun owners in the world.

#4 Yet anyone who goes around "on alert" is paranoid.

This is somehow a consistent reality matrix?

Quote:
If you find that you're getting into alot of fights, you might consider moving.

Wouldn't be much point in my case, statistically the north/west coast is far more violent than the south/midwest.

Quote:
But I suspect you actually like fighting and use it a primary method to solve problems.

Not much of a fan of Darwin, are you?

Conflict is an inherent part of all life, from the smallest microbe to the most evolved creatures. Natural selection is simply the genetic result of the winners surviving to pass their DNA to the next generation.

To argue against conflict is to argue against natural selection, Darwinism, and evolution. To put it simply: To be in conflict with the process of life itself.

And guess what the result of that will be?
Old 08-10-2006

Exclamation oh no

Quote:
See there's this little thing we invented awhile back. It's called civilization. It a place where a group of people live and abide by certain laws and usually have social interaction.
Civilization fucked almost the entire planet. They made you believe that if you pay taxes, you're safe.

Quote:
Appropriate situational awareness sounds about right. If I'm trying to race a 600cc motorcycle around a track, I should be on full alert, if not you might crash. I raced AMA CCS 600cc back in the day, never crashed, highest finish 2nd.
You were also fucking lucky. Don't start believing that you have some kind of natural protection sorrounding your body. Maybe you think you're the "one" (the new jesus?)

Quote:
What I'm talking about is if you feel you need to be "on alert" a significant portion of your day (walking down the street of whatever) I would be worried about that. My understanding is that can cause phychological problems. Maybe something like PTSD.
You cannot switch from "sleeping mode" to alert as you wish. Either you're constantly on alert or you will just believe you'll be able to go alert. Full time training on anything is what takes you to your own best shape. But you probably believe that is possible to leave reality for some time and then come back as you desire.
Anything can happen. At anytime. I couldn't find last year statistics, but a lot of people die inside their own houses, doing simple things like boiling water, showering or ironing. Only because they thought they could relax and "enjoy" their "sleeping mode".

"Sleep", Tyler. Relax. You're within civilized people.
Don't stay alert, and make us happy.

../ct
... .. -. -.-
Old 08-10-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Perhaps you're thinking of the "old west", where you need a gun to defend yourself and your land. I don't think Phily qualifies as "the law-less west".

Way to go believing urban legends started by Hollywood. In case you didn't know Tyler, there was less violent crime in Dodge city in the 1880s than in "Gun Free" Washington D.C. today.

Quote:
What I'm talking about is if you feel you need to be "on alert" a significant portion of your day (walking down the street of whatever) I would be worried about that. My understanding is that can cause phychological problems. Maybe something like PTSD.

Thank you for proving you know nothing about PTSD.

Quote:
I don't really think Natual selection is functioning in our modern world.

The fact you're alive and posting here is undeniable proof of that reality.
Old 08-10-2006

Default Groan...

PTSD...

Cops spend all day "on alert"...are you assuming they all suffer PTSD?

You spend so much time trying to imagine ways in which gun-enthusiasts are somehow your lessers, or even that they are deranged that it's obvious that you are the deranged one.

What happened to you to make this way? You seem like the least well-adjusted person on this board (isolated instances of others' behavior aside).

Old 08-10-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
The closest I’ve come to not coming back here is when Uzi said he’d kill his own child.

If I sweeten the deal with drowning puppies and juggling kittens, will you go away?