This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-06-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Wink AWB sunset T-Shirt.

Not exactly a "joke", but put it here 'cause I consider it "humour". I suggest everybody to print this image and have it serigraphed on a T-Shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AWB T-Shirt.JPG (69.5 KB, 23 views)
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-06-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Not exactly a "joke", but put it here 'cause I consider it "humour". I suggest everybody to print this image and have it serigraphed on a T-Shirt.

Serigraphed? lol Even in the business I don't hear it called that too often

But the art is good for the printing type.

A: Is there a better resolution version or vector version?

B: Is it under any form of copyright or trademark?

I might do a few myself for some local gunshops.
Old 08-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
Serigraphed? lol Even in the business I don't hear it called that too often.

LOL, that's how we call it (old Italian tradition of "calling things by their name"), unless we want to make things easy and say in a nutshell "I have had a T-Shirt made for me with this logo on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoyote
A: Is there a better resolution version or vector version?
B: Is it under any form of copyright or trademark?

I got it here, so I suppose it is... looks like T-Shirts were already been made with that logo, you could ask them permission... even if I don't think you need "permission" to do it just one or two times making T-Shirts only for yourself (generally, at least here, they tend to go easy on "Copyright infringement" if it's limited to one single copy for strict personal use).
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
LOL, that's how we call it (old Italian tradition of "calling things by their name"), unless we want to make things easy and say in a nutshell "I have had a T-Shirt made for me with this logo on).

I got it here, so I suppose it is... looks like T-Shirts were already been made with that logo, you could ask them permission... even if I don't think you need "permission" to do it just one or two times making T-Shirts only for yourself (generally, at least here, they tend to go easy on "Copyright infringement" if it's limited to one single copy for strict personal use).

Meh. First off, the concept is very derivative, so that's a notch off any ability they'd have to protect it.

Secondly, I'd need to recreate the design from scratch myself, not hard to do. If anybody has a good vector image of an appropriate weapon... flash hider, folding stock, hi cap... send it and I'll use it.
Old 08-07-2006

Yeah, to avoid a "copyright infringement" you could simply put up the picture of an AK-47 or G3 and that's it...

Old 08-07-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default I like that

I want one to piss off all of my liberal "friends".

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-07-2006

OK guys so lets hunt down some good vector or high quality gif/bitmap artwork of some weapons and decide which weapon we want on it.

Besides, these guys forgot to mention the pistol grip. We can do better than that.