This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-14-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by huws
Many many slangs ,I do not understand.I do not spam,only to express my idea,have no other ideas.
I don’t slang you, I dont’ understand you when you post the pistol or the rifle picture.
May be your CUWS is real but you don’t want post a picture of it then don’t talk for the sake of talking.

Last edited by Roger : 08-14-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2006
Administrator

Default Since you're givien Englinsh lessons here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Which shows your poverty in English. Not to be "bad" with you, just giving you a free lesson.

"Take cover" or "Repair" in case of a soldier in combat. But that's just my two cents...

To take cover or repair?
Huh?
I must have been dropping my pencil and looking up Betsy Smiths skirt during that class please elaborate for us language impaired. Thanks
Old 08-14-2006

Poor Betsy, I guess I did too.
Old 08-14-2006

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie
Which shows your poverty in English. Not to be "bad" with you, just giving you a free lesson.

You called your project "CUWS", standing for "Concealed User Weapon System". I suppose that you used "Concealed" to express the fact that the "User" can fire the "Weapon System" by remaining repaired from enemy fire.

Now, you have to know that "CONCEALED" is not the right verb to use. "To Conceal" is a verb that, yes, is an alternative to "To Hide", and somewhat means the same, but it's a verb that is usually referred to INANIMATED THINGS. A man does not "Conceals" himself, he "Hides" himself. On the other hand, a man can "Conceal" something, like "Carry a gun concealed". The exact verb to use when talking about a person or an animal (an animated being, a form of life) which hides himself/itself out is to "Hide", or to "Take cover" or "Repair" in case of a soldier in combat. So the name CUWS, or "Concealed User Weapons System", is grammatically and syntactically incorrect: "Concealed" would refer to the "User weapons system", this the name CUWS would be explained not as a "Weapon System for a Concealed User", but as a "User's Weapon System that has been Concealed". Concealed by WHO, WHY and WHERE? Do you get my point?

The exact name should be "Repaired User Weapon System", or something similar.

But that's just my two cents...

A friend wrote as following:

I am very interested in your product for African Region.
Can you advise when the system will be available?
As you have difficulty with translation can I suggest that you all the
product "Concealed User Weapon System" or "Hidden Shot Weapon System".

I think this could be of great interest in the world unless it gets
into
the wrong hands.

Who is right?

For not showing off my idea to other peoples, don’t ask professional personnel to translate this text, translated the all article by myself. Because my English level is poor and difference of the language environment exsits, the grammars of some places may be problematic, please forgive me.

Last edited by huws : 08-15-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2006

Send a message via Yahoo to Sumakta
Default Wacky.

What is this guy talking about? "I've this great invention!" "Ok, let us see!" "No, but it's great!" Ok, buddy. Good deal. Keep it.
Old 08-18-2006

Cool

Quote:
A friend wrote as following:

I am very interested in your product for African Region.
Can you advise when the system will be available?
As you have difficulty with translation can I suggest that you all the
product "Concealed User Weapon System" or "Hidden Shot Weapon System".

I think this could be of great interest in the world unless it gets
into
the wrong hands.

Who is right?

For not showing off my idea to other peoples, don’t ask professional personnel to translate this text, translated the all article by myself. Because my English level is poor and difference of the language environment exsits, the grammars of some places may be problematic, please forgive me.

reference the following:

The best available in my humble opinion, is the Sig Arms P229 with nite sites. They also have a Concealed Carry package that rounds out the sights so that they don't catch on anything when drawn. I'd recommend the .40S&W round for it. The 9mm lacks true stopping power and has a tendency to over-penetrate and the .45 is just plain more than you need (Rounds can be costly as well). .40cal S&W hollow points will do the job perfectly in any situation. Practice range rounds cost only like $9 (US) for a box of 100.

This is the weapon of choice for the Secret Service, the Coast Guard, US Marshall Service and Homeland Security. It is one of the most reliable and most durable handguns available on the open market. I believe that you will also find that it features superior balance and recovery (Re-aiming after firing) and will fit in your hand very, very nicely.

Hope this was helpful.

Ok, timeout! I'd had a chance to review more of the post - what is going on??? Didn't you say "Concealed Carry?" Do NOT attempt to carry an assault rifle you'll go to jail. Secondly, your "piece" must be "CONCEALABLE!" Don't take crackpot advice about oversized .357s or .44s - they're typically HUGE and heavy. Normally what we have here is someone overcompensating for some physical deficiency.

Safety is an issue as well. Not just safe practices, but the actual safety mechanism on the side arm. The nice thing about the Sig P229 is that once cocked, you can release the hammer without having to engage a physical safety device. This allows for two types of firing configurations. From this position you can engage a "Long" trigger pull requiring about 7lbs of pull which will draw back the hammer and fire the weapon - without having to fumble for a safety release. Keep in mind, CCW is for self defense - there is no time to F**k around with old-fashioned safeties. Secondly, once cocked, a simple 3lb trigger pull fires the weapon. In either case, the weapon goes fully semi-auto after the first round is fired. Avoid the DAK configuration of the weapon as it has too many firing limitations.

Secondly, size and weight... The weapon needs to be comfortable to carry, easy to draw and must be CONCEALABLE. The P229 has it all. Don't get me wrong, there are small and light-weight .357s and .44s, but they lack accuracy due to a shorter barrell. They also lack in recoverability after firing. It's way too much weapon for CCW.

No matter whcih you choose, practice, practice, practice. Get proper training from a certified instructor and become intimate with it. Practice the old 2-tap firing method - Bam, Bam. This will teach you to recover after a shot and re-aim. Secondly, perfecting this technique will ensure that you stop your assailant right away ensuring that they cannot harm you in the event that you ever have to actually use it.

Finally, make sure that you understand that a CCW is NOT a simple deterrent. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO USE IT!!! I can not stress this enough. Pulling out a pistol and waving it around is going to get you killed! You must be willing to use it if required.

Good shooting!
Old 08-18-2006

What the heck has all this to do with the original topic ???
Old 08-18-2006

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel
What the heck has all this to do with the original topic ???
Chuttt.... it's secret defence.
Old 09-03-2006

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Chuttt.... it's secret defence.

it is real secret defence.
Old 09-03-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Who are you???

Quote:
.40cal S&W hollow points will do the job perfectly in any situation.
Unless the situation calls for any real range, or shooting through a car (not uncommon for police) or the target has decent soft body armor. Then that .45 or better yet a 10mm look pretty nice. With decent hollowpoints overpenetration isn't a problem with any normal pistol round BTW. A .40 S&W has about the same a 9mm has anyway.

Quote:
I believe that you will also find that it features superior balance and recovery (Re-aiming after firing) and will fit in your hand very, very nicely.
Honestly have you ever ACTUALLY fired a P229 next to another handgun? Ever? I own a P229 in 9mm... it is less comfortable and has more muzzle flip than my less expensive Tanfoglio 10mm. This isn't said simply by me, first time shooters preferred the Tanfoglio as well. The Sig series weapons have a high boreline over the grip, which in very simple mechanics equates to more muzzle flip if all else is equal. Which is the most significant impediment to "re-aiming after firing" with a handgun, even more than simple recoil. And the P229 does NOT fit in my hand very nicely; the grip is too slim, the magazine release is a bit hard, and the hammer release creates a bulge that makes you have to reach your thumb up and over to hit the slide release, which is also pushed farther back than it should be to accomodate the hammer release. This makes operating the slide release if you are left handed nearly impossible without holding the gun awkwardly in a way that risks dropping it...

Quote:
Hope this was helpful.
It's obviously not.

Quote:
Ok, timeout! I'd had a chance to review more of the post - what is going on??? Didn't you say "Concealed Carry?" Do NOT attempt to carry an assault rifle you'll go to jail.
Says who? That entirely depends on locality, there are states where you could do it. (What the DA thinks of an actual shooting afterwards is a different matter, but in some places it is technically legal, as would carrying a properly registered short barreled shotgun.)

Quote:
Secondly, your "piece" must be "CONCEALABLE!" Don't take crackpot advice about oversized .357s or .44s - they're typically HUGE and heavy. Normally what we have here is someone overcompensating for some physical deficiency.
There is nothing "oversize" about a great many .357 Magnums. They are actually very normal size handguns in most cases... in fact the only revolvers smaller than the smallest .357's are below .38 special in power and have questionable effectiveness. And a .44 Magnum snubby loaded with .44 Specials isn't exactly unconcealable or a bad choice in any way... for any reasonably trained shooter who isn't frail.

Quote:
Safety is an issue as well. Not just safe practices, but the actual safety mechanism on the side arm. The nice thing about the Sig P229 is that once cocked, you can release the hammer without having to engage a physical safety device. This allows for two types of firing configurations. From this position you can engage a "Long" trigger pull requiring about 7lbs of pull which will draw back the hammer and fire the weapon - without having to fumble for a safety release. Keep in mind, CCW is for self defense - there is no time to F**k around with old-fashioned safeties. Secondly, once cocked, a simple 3lb trigger pull fires the weapon.
Yeah, safety. The P229 lacks a safety. The hammer drop lever is a neat toy, but it's not that significant. By the way, you obviously have no experience with a well mounted safety. On my weapon the safety drops the same moment my Tanfoglio is drawn from the holster. Time fumbling with what? It's a reflex and adds no elapsed time whatsoever. Practice with a properly placed frame mounted safety, it takes no time off your draw at all. Period.

Quote:
Secondly, size and weight... The weapon needs to be comfortable to carry, easy to draw and must be CONCEALABLE. The P229 has it all. Don't get me wrong, there are small and light-weight .357s and .44s, but they lack accuracy due to a shorter barrell. They also lack in recoverability after firing. It's way too much weapon for CCW.
Apparently you are unaware that many defense carry .357's are loaded with .38 Special, the equivalent of... take a wild guess... 9mm. As for weight, that's relative. A bit of heft is good for accuracy too. Well arranged carry can allow a surprising amount of weight.

Quote:
No matter whcih you choose, practice, practice, practice.
Well, duh.

Not only was that a bit off topic, it seems like you just cut and pasted an add from Sig. I like my Sig, they are good, but they aren't perfect either and your arguments are a load of crap. Honestly, you almost sound like your primary firearms experience comes from video games or airsoft.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.

Last edited by JCoyote : 09-03-2006 at 08:00 AM.