This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-19-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Exactly!!

You could physically drag them to the killing fields of Cambodia and make them stare at the piles and piles of bones, take them to the former Stalingrad where wave after wave of yound men were thrown at the Nazis like expendable trash. Or to Tiananmen Square where young students in search of a dream were mowed down like insects by the "peoples army". Yet they would argue, "oh that's not real communism". Well what is then? Can someone please show me one example of a Marxist republic that has ever worked and not murdered or starved it's own people by the thousands if not millions.

On the flipside can someone please show me an example of a peacefull Islamic regime that dosn't commit atrocities in the name of God? You guys can argue till you're blue in the face but the bare truth is, leftism ends in fascism.

"Inside every "progressive" is a narcissistic tyrant waiting to exert itself. Inside every utopian is a bigoted fascist."

That is one of the best quotes I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

-- Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
Old 08-20-2006

Default Funny 'Cause It's True

The very choice of the word "Progressive" is so telling of their mentality. Aside from being an attempt frame their ideological opponents as subsequently "Regressive" (I prefer "Inert"!), there's a hint of truth in the choice itself.

Progressive is exactly the nature of the creeping insinuation into our everyday lives that the policies they advocate would engender. How we speak, how we entertain ourselves, where and how we receive medical care, our diets, the cars we drive, when and where we allowed reference to our Diety Of Choice, what we earn, and how much of our earnings we may keep, are a few among the many things they seek to dictate in their benevolent wisdom.

There's a woman here who runs a restaurant that features fairly-traded and locally-produced ingredients, and serves as a forum for various social activist groups and causes. As you would probably guess, both the restaurant and the woman behind it are rife with hypocrisy. She rails againt "Big Oil", but drives two SUVs, and owns several vacation homes. She advocates for banning comsumption of veal and various other foods like Foie Gras pver how the animals are treated, but doesn't provide safety for her own housepets- not to mention she ignores the profit-enhancing "free range" products created to address concerns like hers). She hires illegal immigrants while whining non-stop about the plight of the American worker, then can't understand why her employees want to unionize in spite of a much better than average wage compared to other restaurants. In attacking the unionizing effort, she even played the race-card by insinuating that her employees didn't respect her as much as the union rep because "She wasn't a white male with a Yale degree"...she is, however, a white woman with a prestigious liberal arts degree, and is worth millions of dollars.

The most offensive thing this awful person did, in my opinion, took place on Sepetember 12th, 2001. Upon returning from her vacation home to her home atop the restaurant, she noticed that an employee had raised an American flag on the front of the building as one of the three generally featured. She felt that the flag stood for too much oppression, or some such nonsense, and insisted- over the objections of many of the peace-loving moonbats she employs- that it be removed.

I remember being curious as to why someone to whom America had afforded so much as a one-time single mother who launched a small business from her home kitchen that became a multi-million dollar mini-empire of several businesses and properties, and who needed no aid to send her children to expensive boarding schools and prestigious colleges, felt so oppressed by America, and so negative about it's role in the world.

It's just more of the "________ for me, but none for thee" mentality so common on the left. She's rich, but others who aren't should pay confiscatory taxes to fund social engineering projects like "Midnight Basketball" dreamed up by lefty pinheads. Diane Feinstein has a carry permit, but a poor grandmother in Oakland can't have a gun. Al Gore bloviates about the environment, but owns stake in a metal mine that's polluted the surrounding area for dozens of miles.

Keep telling yourself- "They are our betters, they know best."

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 08-20-2006

Send a message via AIM to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via MSN to D Yankee (The Zionist) Send a message via Yahoo to D Yankee (The Zionist)
Default Sounds Farmilier

I live in a small yuppie hellohole near Cleveland. I'm surrounded by those types. They drive cars that cost more than my home, throw away more money on toys than my girlfriend and make in a year. Then sit on their fat asses and lead cushy worry free lives, yet are the first to bitch about the war in Iraq and the administration. (Although you won't see any of their kids over there fighting). The same people come into the gym I work at and get pissed off when I don't give them any type of discount. It really makes me wonder how someone who makes six figures a years can have the nerve to look at a guy who barely makes more than minimum wage, and expect me to give them something for free. Then practically spit on me when I don't.

Yet the sit there and insult this great nation time and time again ( I hear it everyday at work). But they've done their fair share to take and take like vampires, screwed honest people out of their income, and never given a fucking cent. I wish they would wake up someday and realise, they're the ones killing this nation.

Hey you know what? I'm glad that bitch wouldn't fly a flag on her store. She dosn't deserve to. In my opinion she hasn't earned the right.

Old 08-20-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Guy
The very choice of the word "Progressive" is so telling of their mentality. Aside from being an attempt frame their ideological opponents as subsequently "Regressive" (I prefer "Inert"!)

I prefer Regressive.

Old 08-20-2006

Default I personally prefer to judge the people in the party than the party itself...

That being said I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of the people in that party are a bunch of assholes.
Old 08-21-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk23
That being said I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of the people in that party are a bunch of assholes.

Which party are we talking about again?
Old 08-22-2006

Angry and the best is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Guy
Inside every "progressive" is a narcissistic tyrant waiting to exert itself. Inside every utopian is a bigoted fascist.

[a] sorry if I throwed some shit over your way of expressing things

[b] I am one of the imbecils foreigners that pay taxes in Italy (just for the love of one woman). Italian commies should thank me, but instead, the tax office always finds out a trick (parametri) in order to make me overpay my dues. They strongly believe that if you have a company by your own is because you must be hiding income. Very nice. Indeed.

[c] and tell me please what should I think of a "communist" fooling around on a Mercedes or even a Porsche? Very often seen in Italy...

thanks

../ct
... .. -. -.-
Old 08-22-2006

[quote=CeeTee][a] sorry if I throwed some shit over your way of expressing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee
I am one of the imbecils foreigners that pay taxes in Italy (just for the love of one woman). Italian commies should thank me, but instead, the tax office always finds out a trick (parametri) in order to make me overpay my dues. They strongly believe that if you have a company by your own is because you must be hiding income. Very nice. Indeed.

Hey, you have all the right not to. But then DON'T start bitching if they confiscate your house. If you want to stay in Italy and enjoy the Italian public service, pay the taxes. Otherwise, well, remaining in Italy is not a doctor's prescription, right?

IF YOU GOTTA PAY, YOU GOTTA PAY. Period. The reason why they think that "If you have a company by your own is because you must hiding incomes" is that the moddafocking right-winger Berlusconi has ENCOURAGED this behaviour in the past five years. And you see the results.
Italy is a small Country. It's "rich", but yet it is poor of basic commodities; most of its needs must be imported. Public services cost. Public services must be paid. Taxes are needed to pay public services. Public services can not be privatized to cut taxes because putting public services in private hands would exclude from them a large part of the population which could not afford the prices asked by private operators. And this would be a social inequality which is EXPLICITLY FORBIDDEN by the Italian Constitution. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee
And tell me please what should I think of a "communist" fooling around on a Mercedes or even a Porsche? Very often seen in Italy...

This is a point I hear VERY OFTEN from moddafocking right-wingers. My answer is that a communist has all the right to own a Porsche or a Mercedes if he buys it with the money he legitimately has after having paid the taxes; it's much worse having a Porsche or a Mercedes paid with tax evasion money.
And besides, those "Communists" who own Porsche or Mercedes are just goddamn Politicians. I don't know one single communist who has such a car. Well, My father has a Jeep Cherokee.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-22-2006

Default Hehe

"I don't know one single communist who has such a car."

Visit California sometime.

Old 08-23-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yankee (The Zionist)
"I don't know one single communist who has such a car."

Visit California sometime.

If you can call Californians "communists"...

I -HAVE- been in California. July 1998. Best vacation of my lifetime.
My aunt, who lives there since about 40 years now, owns a Mercedes.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack